Go around phase

radeon29

On 7.3.2020 at 04:39, radeon29 sagte:

I use only the keyboard, no throttle quadrant, besides, the main toga is activated for me without any problems.

I did quite some testing with the keyboard set up for the throttles but I was never able to move any throttle by any key or any function like Throttle increase or TOGA engage.
Maybe it's different with my A330.

I guess the throttles in your virtual cockpit move to the foremost position but obviously this doesn't trigger the mode changes as SRS & NAV except for MAN TOGA.

I then set up the throttles to the slider on my joystick either in P3D Axis Assignment / Throttle axis or in FSUIPC option "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration". (Restart of P3D maybe necessary). With the other option "Send to FS as normal axis the throttles didn't move at all.
Then the modes changed to SRS NAV as it should.

Maybe it works for you too.

1 hour ago, jackjoe said:

I then set up the throttles to the slider on my joystick either in P3D Axis Assignment / Throttle axis or in FSUIPC option "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration

I activate toga by pressing F4.

could you show it in the screenshot?

Vor 1 Stunde, radeon29 sagte:

In my case it doesn’t work, i do not use the axis, I use  f4 button;(

Looks like F4 and other keys trigger only MAN TOGA with the Aerosoft A3XXs. 

Other mode changes as SRS/NAV probably require exclusively the use of throttle quadrants or joystick sliders?

1 hour ago, jackjoe said:

Other mode changes as SRS/NAV probably require exclusively the use of throttle quadrants or joystick sliders?

Hmmm... Maybe you should try to configure the toga key through FSUIPC? 

Do you know how to do this?

vor 24 Minuten, radeon29 sagte:

Hmmm... Maybe you should try to configure the toga key through FSUIPC? 

Do you know how to do this?

Yes, I almost exclusively use FSUIPC for whatever assignments as axis, buttons, keys there are.

I have tried any "Control" for TOGA / Throttle Full etc. there is in FSUIPC for button or key assignments. Nothing works with the Aerosoft Bus.

Besides I have the CH throttle quadrant assigned in FSUIPC for normal ops. Just perfect. But no SRS / NAV.

In addition I have assigned the slider of a joystick which I only use for TOGA operation, works also perfect - see page 2 of the PDF.

Pushing the slider into the forward position during an ILS APP I get MAN TOGA SRS NAV as it should be.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can recreate this issue as well only if trying to engage the TOGA thrust with F4 throttle full shortcut key. However if hold F3 until you have TOGA thrust everything should be normal. This is the only way really around this issue as a keyboard user.

I would like to mind as well however that the product is intended to be used with a throttle that has axis control and this has been also stated on our system requirements.

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

However if hold F3 until you have TOGA thrust everything should be normal. This is the only way really around this issue as a keyboard user.

You are my savior! It worked!

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

I would like to mind as well however that the product is intended to be used with a throttle that has axis control and this has been also stated on our system requirements.

Yes, that’s true, but the whole problem was that TOGA SRS with F4  worked before (until some big update, I definitely can’t say), so it confused me and I was looking for a problem in another ...

17 hours ago, jackjoe said:

In addition I have assigned the slider of a joystick which I only use for TOGA operation, works also perfect

it turns out that TOGA SRS works only from the slider throttle, on the keyboard it is performed by the hold press F3...

vor 20 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

However if hold F3 until you have TOGA thrust everything should be normal. This is the only way really around this issue as a keyboard user.

vor 7 Stunden , radeon29 sagte:

it turns out that TOGA SRS works only from the slider throttle, on the keyboard it is performed by the hold press F3...

I don't like using buttons, keys or sliders whereas in the real AC levers are used.

But for me with the CH Throttle Quadrant its the only way to get SRS mode.
And even with the resp. key sometimes it does not change to SRS but OP CLB instead.

@Secondator

Do you have an idea about that OP CLB?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure about the OP CLB. I know there is an issue that if you pull the altitude knob in SRS mode it will go straight to OP CLB instead of holding SRS but other than that, no idea.

vor 22 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

Vor 1 Stunde, Secondator sagte:

Not sure about the OP CLB. I know there is an issue that if you pull the altitude knob in SRS mode it will go straight to OP CLB instead of holding SRS but other than that, no idea.

I had the hope ... thanks anyway!

The problem is solved at the moment!👍

Thanks Secondator!🙏

But nevertheless, I hope in the future Aerosoft will return the ability to turn on TOGA SRS as it was before(just like at the Fslabs at the moment)...

Archived