La Palma professional v1.10 flickering runway 36 Tarmac

trisho0

• Developer

Sorry, I am in holidays and can not check anything you are talking about, but to mix FSX and P3D files is not the solution.

When you have a runway 1-19 after a fresh install of the Professional Version, you don‘t have the last Installer version used.

And all this points to a lost overview (by the long list of you addons) what is installed here.

Start the GCLAConfig tool and deregister the La Palma addon, then check if you see a clean (somewhere in the sky) shown La Palma default airport, with wrong runway numbers etc the default has.

If not, first bring the correct defsult situation back, before you use the newest installer of the Professional Version.

I was just going to say that lol  .. not really a good idea mix FSX and P3D AFCADs as they are a little different , sometimes FSX AFCADs need an edit to show up in P3D correctly ....hope there is another fix for your problem.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Sorry, I am in holidays and can not check anything you are talking about, but to mix FSX and P3D files is not the solution.

When you have a runway 1-19 after a fresh install of the Professional Version, you don‘t have the last Installer version used.

And all this points to a lost overview (by the long list of you addons) what is installed here.

Start the GCLAConfig tool and deregister the La Palma addon, then check if you see a clean (somewhere in the sky) shown La Palma default airport, with wrong runway numbers etc the default has.

If not, first bring the correct defsult situation back, before you use the newest installer of the Professional Version.

Used the GCLAconfig tool and deregistered. Loaded P3Dv4.5 and now yes it is the default scenery showing runways 1-19.

I purchased the Canary Islands professional - La Palma for P3Dv4 on Dec-23-2018 as my own Xmas gift. Installed since then I used to see from P3D scenery loader the GCLA with runway to pick as 1 and 19. The plane was loaded in the apron ready for taxiing to one or the other runway side which clearly was runway 18-36. If I select runway 1 or 19 the plane loads in the apron and not on the runway because there is no 1 or 19.

Sometime later I found from Aerosoft Forum page a "Fixes" several ICAO and I found the La Palma FSX Runway 18-36 Fix so I gave a try placing the files in P3Dv4. At first the runway selection from P3D was corrected but found flicking Tarmac.

The rest of this story is here. I have to say also the FSX AFCAD file I saved in ADE as P3Dv4 file and compiled, placing the new file in P3Dv4.

I think the original La Palma for P3Dv4 AFCAD can be edited with ADE not sure so I would prefer for a future fix. For right now La Palma is working without flicking.

1 hour ago, keenrw said:

I was just going to say that lol  .. not really a good idea mix FSX and P3D AFCADs as they are a little different , sometimes FSX AFCADs need an edit to show up in P3D correctly ....hope there is another fix for your problem.

First, many thanks for giving me the Hint on what file could be as AFCAD. I don't know how to edit in ADE but after loaded the FSX AFCAD in ADE with P3Dv4 mode I saved the file as is and compiled. No Tarmac flickering any longer. I don't see side effects so far yet.

I wait now for a new AFCAD is needed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Oliver I have made a fresh install with GCLA Pro from my shopaccount, but in P3D airportd dialog I also see rwy 1/19, while the scenery shows correct 36/18

Please login to display this image.

BUT I do not have the flickering.

When deregistering, of course there is 1/19 in scenery and airport dialog

19 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

The plane was loaded in the apron ready for taxiing to one or the other runway side which clearly was runway 18-36. If I select runway 1 or 19 the plane loads in the apron and not on the runway because there is no 1 or 19.

This behaviour is correct.

50 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Oliver I have made a fresh install with GCLA Pro from my shopaccount, but in P3D airportd dialog I also see rwy 1/19, while the scenery shows correct 36/18

BUT I do not have the flickering.

When deregistering, of course there is 1/19 in scenery and airport dialog

This behaviour is correct.

Yeah! this is an exact results with the new AES La Palma Professional ver 1.10 for P3Dv4.5

As I posted earlier here I renamed the original AFCAD and saved the FSX AFCAD as P3Dv4 with ADE, compiled and placing the "new" file in La Palma\scenery.

La Palma is now showing correctly the runway number in P3D Airport dialog and without any kind of flickering at the end. A new AFCAD or "Fix" made from Aerosoft would be great. I think the "new" AFCAD from ADE works at least as temporary.

Archived