La Palma professional v1.10 flickering runway 36 Tarmac

trisho0

AES Canary Islands La Palma Professional GCLA version 1.10 installed in P3Dv4.5 has Tarmac badly flickering.
Screenshots sequence showing how is looking like the flicks. It occurs at Dawn, Dusk and Night visible on runway 36. At Day time the flicks occurs on other areas on Apron. I don't have any addon like ORBX, REX, FTX, etc. How to sort it out?

Please login to display this image.

Looks like your screen resolution is not very big. You might have to turn your anti aliasing up to decrease the effects of your resolution being rather low.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can not recreate your issue. Make sure that your settings are as in the manual and that you do not have a conflicting bgl file, like from a AI traffic program.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Looks like your screen resolution is not very big. You might have to turn your anti aliasing up to decrease the effects of your resolution being rather low.

This flicks issues only happen with GCLA rwy36. What changes can be done as a try? I use NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and P3D graphics settings as per screenshot here.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

I can not recreate your issue. Make sure that your settings are as in the manual and that you do not have a conflicting bgl file, like from a AI traffic program.

I don't have AI traffic program. Here more settings I have with P3Dv4.5 I have no clue what changes can be to resolve the flicks. NVidia drivers updated too. No success.

What conflicting BGL file could be like what filename or closer?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking at your scenery screenshots, I can see that GSX is rebuilding its airport cache. Wait until it is finished and try again.

Looking at your scenery screenshots, I can see that GSX is rebuilding its airport cache. Wait until it is finished and try again.

Left GSX to complete and waiting longer time before take-off, no changes

1 hour ago, Helmut Brandt said:

It didn't work 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As said no such problem:

Please login to view this video.

Please login to view this video.

So please show us a screenshot of your scenery library, so that we can see where La Palma sits and what other sceneries are above La Palma.

Here La Palma GCLA clip showing flicks.

P3Dv45 GCLA flicks.divx

My Scenery Library Listing as per screenshots

The only thing I've ever saw cause this is another scenery and/or AFCAD bleeding through as Mathijs mentioned.  Many AI Aircraft payware products include and automatically install a new AFCAD for the airports so that AI Aircraft will behave as programmed.  Do you have MyTraffic (worst offender I know of) or any other such software installed?

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The only thing I've ever saw cause this is another scenery and/or AFCAD bleeding through as Mathijs mentioned.  Many AI Aircraft payware products include and automatically install a new AFCAD for the airports so that AI Aircraft will behave as programmed.  Do you have MyTraffic (worst offender I know of) or any other such software installed?

All I have is UTLive and that program only injects aircrafts. I also have GSX2. I don't have any other addon but sceneries payware as listed in this thread.

9 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

All I have is UTLive and that program only injects aircrafts. I also have GSX2. I don't have any other addon but sceneries payware.

Okay, it's not that then.  Let's be doubly sure about other airports.  Would you please download and run Simple Airport Scanner and look for the airport ICAO that way please?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nn9rnzuc9w32733/sas_170_beta.zip

Sorry, the link I initially posted was not the correct version for P3Dv4.  I've changed the link, this version is in Beta but it's seems to be working fine.

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, it's not that then.  Let's be doubly sure about other airports.  Would you please download and run Simple Airport Scanner and look for the airport ICAO that way please?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nn9rnzuc9w32733/sas_170_beta.zip

Sorry, the link I initially posted was not the correct version for P3Dv4.  I've changed the link, this version is in Beta but it's seems to be working fine.

I located the Scenery.cfg from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and the Scanner found only AFX_GCLA_ALT.bgl from …\scenery\world\scenery folder. La Palma resides in Add-ons.cfg only. P3D looks in both (scenery.cfg and add-ons.cfg files) to load sceneries. I renamed such AFX file and no success. So, I left AFX active again.

Any other try? Or to rename a file?

52 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I located the Scenery.cfg from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and the Scanner found only AFX_GCLA_ALT.bgl from …\scenery\world\scenery folder. La Palma resides in Add-ons.cfg only. P3D looks in both (scenery.cfg and add-ons.cfg files) to load sceneries. I renamed such AFX file and no success. So, I left AFX active again.

Any other try? Or to rename a file?

I'll have to think so more about this one.  I will also get a hold of the scenery and look at it myself, but will take a few days.  Let me get back to you.

I deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file so P3D would load default sceneries and the sceneries from add-ons.cfg and the issue still, flicking ….. flicking rapidly 

15 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file so P3D would load default sceneries and the sceneries from add-ons.cfg and the issue still, flicking ….. flicking rapidly 

Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.  Are you saying you get runway marking flickering at the default GCLA?  Can you please check another large default airport and let us know if you get flickering there too?  If so, there is a possibility that you have a graphics setting or P3D/NVIDIA tweak causing this.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Are you saying you get runway marking flickering at the default GCLA?

No :

23 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file so P3D would load default sceneries and the sceneries from add-ons.cfg and the issue still, flicking ….. flicking rapidly

But again, this must be a local issue, me and nobody else can recreate this issue.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It can really only indicate that two products are fighting for the top level.

I think you are right. I uninstalled La Palma and did a fresh install from scratch. Now, the plane doesn't load on runway 36 as it does in FSX. The P3Dv4 sim loader shows runway 1-19 to select instead 18-36. Please, take a look at the contents of the La Palma scenery folder. I don't see AFCAD file or it has a different filename. I can see the AFX_GCLA_ALT.bgl file in …\scenery\world\scenery folder which no matter if on or off the runway 1-19 is the option to pick for loading the plane.

Before I used the La Palma FSX Runway 18-36 Fix and yes now I realized the reason of the flicking tarmac.

After reinstalling La Palma and since I don't have such FSX runway 18-36 Fix, I only have now runway 1-19 as option to load and this is the actual new problem.

To all my dear Helpers and Support, I apologize to all if I wasn't clear before and now ….

Where to find the Runway 18-36 Fix for P3Dv4 instead the FSX?

No :

But again, this must be a local issue, me and nobody else can recreate this issue.

I posted a new screenshot for the La Palma\scenery folder and inside from contents it looks like the installer didn't add AFCAD allowing to load runway 18-36. Right after the installation and loading the La Palme it allow me to load only runway 1 or 19.

It needs a Fix.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.  Are you saying you get runway marking flickering at the default GCLA?  Can you please check another large default airport and let us know if you get flickering there too?  If so, there is a possibility that you have a graphics setting or P3D/NVIDIA tweak causing this.

No, still loading the Aerosoft La Palma because is from add-ons.cfg file. No other large airport has the flickering, this is the only one so far.

18 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I think you are right. I uninstalled La Palma and did a fresh install from scratch. Now, the plane doesn't load on runway 36 as it does in FSX. The P3Dv4 sim loader shows runway 1-19 to select instead 18-36. Please, take a look at the contents of the La Palma scenery folder. I don't see AFCAD file or it has a different filename. I can see the AFX_GCLA_ALT.bgl file in …\scenery\world\scenery folder which no matter if on or off the runway 1-19 is the option to pick for loading the plane.

Before I used the La Palma FSX Runway 18-36 Fix and yes now I realized the reason of the flicking tarmac.

After reinstalling La Palma and since I don't have such FSX runway 18-36 Fix, I only have now runway 1-19 as option to load and this is the actual new problem.

To all my dear Helpers and Support, I apologize to all if I wasn't clear before and now ….

Where to find the Runway 18-36 Fix for P3Dv4 instead the FSX?

I posted a new screenshot for the La Palma\scenery folder and inside from contents it looks like the installer didn't add AFCAD allowing to load runway 18-36. Right after the installation and loading the La Palme it allow me to load only runway 1 or 19.

It needs a Fix.

By looking here at the contents of the posted La Palma\Scenery folder which file is AFCAD?

I think just fixed the Tarmac flickering. Thanks to keerw I renamed the file GCLA_AFX-OP01.BGL to OFF. Placed the AFCAD from La Palma FSX Runway 18-36 Fix zip file. The file GCLA_apron.BGL also was conflicting the Tarmac so It wasn't added into P3Dv4.

The following clip shows P3Dv4 La Palma Tarmac flicks fixed Now I can keep purchasing more scenery of Canary Islands (lol)

P3Dv4 GCLA flicks fixed.divx

Archived