Checklist/Copilot Stuck At "Starting Engine 2"

I've been flying the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 almost daily for a few months now, and I almost always use the checklists and copilot.  Because I'm lazy and like to let the plane fly itself.  LOL  Anyway, today I completed a flight without incident, shut down the computer and went about my day.  This evening I booted up with the intention of doing my return flight.  I get into the checklists.  I get to the pushback option.  I call for pushback.  The pushback starts and ground tells me I'm cleared to start engines.  I switch on the engine mode selector to IGN/START and flip engine 2 switch.  The checklist says "Starting engine 2".  Engine 2 starts.  That's as far as it gets.  I never get the "Engine 2 is stablized" callout.  So I figured ok, I'll move on.  I flip up engine 1.  Checklist says "Starting engine 1".  Engine 1 starts, but that's as far as anything gets.  I again don't get the "Engine 1 is stablized".  I set the parking brake, but I never get "pushback complete".  The after start checklist never begins.  It's just stuck on the pushback checklist.

So I figured I must have done something wrong that I wasn't thinking of.  I quit everything, shut the computer, went to have dinner, and then came back to try again.  Booted up the PC, started P3D, ran though all the normal procedures.  Again the checklist/copilot gets stuck at the exact same place, "Starting Engine 2".

I'm going to try again tomorrow.  I've literally completed probably 40 flights with this aircraft and I've never had this problem.  We'll see if it happens again.  But in the meantime, any ideas or suggestions of what could be wrong?

Thanks.

This morning I again attempted the flight I wanted to make.  The checklist/copilot again got stuck at "Starting Engine 2".  I never got the "Engine 2 is stabilized" callout.  So, not wanting to mess with it anymore I decided to continue my flight anyway, hoping that the aircraft would fly normally.  Both engines started, I taxied out and took off, and climbed to my cruise altitude of FL340.  A few seconds after reaching FL340 I hear the callout "Engine 2 is stabilized", followed by the "checklist beep", and then a few seconds later "Engine 1 is stabilized".  But that's as far as it's gotten so far.  MCDU3 is still showing "Start Push" but nothing has progressed from there.  If it progresses any further during this flight I'll post an update.

One last update, since I'm not sure if I'll get a response from Aerosoft.  Upon landing at Heathrow yesterday in the flight mentioned in my last post, after I got to the gate and the aircraft stopped, I got the completion of the pushback dialogs, up until the "Wait" portion, which never happened and the checklists never continued after that.  Curiously though, when I landed, the copilot, who I thought was stuck, began shutting lights and doing other post-flight tasks, without the checklists.

Anyway, I decided to reinstall the aircraft over itself, without even uninstalling it.  My suspicion is that on Saturday afternoon I was working through the checklists, and just as I pushed back from the gate something came up at home and I had to quit my flight.  Since I closed P3D without finishing the entire flight, I think the checklists got "stuck" at the point where I closed P3d.  In a future update maybe the devs can add some sort of function that resets the checklists back to the start when the sim closes, or at least an option for the pilot to manually reset the checklists somehow?

I haven't tested since I reinstalled to make sure everything is working?  I'm going to do a flight in a couple of hours.

No sir, I just started a brand new flight.  It was the same aircraft, departure airport, and gate, but I did not load from a saved flight.  About to start another flight now.  I'll post again if I still have the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived