OV10 Bronco sounds and engine handling

Tobus

I installed latest OV10 v1.21 in my P3Dv4.5hf. No problems but for 2 things:

- sounds are distorted on electric prop motors (crank out of feather), gear and flaps.

- i can controll engine power and sounds via my yoke's rpm handle (which I'm sure I never could, as they are not in sim model)

- engine reaction to power levers is very sluggish. I can push forward from flight idle to full "visually", only to see the power (by feeling and gauges) follow 7-10 seconds later.

What can I do to resolve this?

Upon further experimenting, engines don't seem to react too well to cold n dark setting via shift2 menu. Turning props with engines off sort of stuff, later on even hanging/crashing the sim. Anyone else have this experience and remedy for the Bronco to work in latest version of P3D?

Further investigation:

changing the aircraft state via the shift-2 window WILL give issues on engines (turning props but no power or vice versa, no way to resolve) and even hang or ctd the sim.

Only state mildly working is the "ready for taxi" state, which autostarts engine 2 and lets you manually start engine 1.

Not too great, but at least able to work around to fly the bird. Leaves the sluggish reaction on power settings and distortion on electric powered stuff sounds.

I hope someone (at Aerosoft) can confirm and hopefully patch this...

Update!

I tried putting the new (beta?) asc.dll from this thread 

to the panel folder. And lo and behold, it works! Sounds back to normal and as it now seems also the bad states menu and hanging/ctd's seem resolved.

Remember to put it in every panel folder of all OV10 folders under simobjects 😉 .

As a sidenote: it seems both Catalina and OV10 installers need a touchup for the latest p3d?

Or to put it another way: why let a customer of your products deal with an inept installer, advertised as working on his chosen sim, and let him experiment himself on fixing it. This while the solution is at hand, either as a new installer or as a hotfix accompanying the old one? To me, this detracts from an organisation and it's products which I hold in high regard.

Archived