Scenery airport Koshice, LZKZ for flight simulator P3D v4

I'm working on a scenery airport of Barts, which is located in Slovak city – Koshice, LZKZ
for flight simulator P3D v4…  

Works are going to completion.

Implemented the substrate of the airport itself, covering: the runway, steering tracks, aprons and the substrate is a small area that surrounds the airport itself. Prescribed in the ADE parking.

Also made passenger terminal buildings, airport infastructure, aviation museum, aero club territory, models of cars that serve the aircraft: fuel tanker, ASU and more.

In the scenery custom night taxiways and aprons with lanterns are arranged in accordance with the airport layout. Also in the script there is dynamic lighting, seasonal textures of the substrate, trees, special attention is also paid to winter. At the finish line it is planned to use PBR textures on the apron in winter.

During August, it is planned to build a steel plant which is located at the landing approach and part of the houses.

It will be nice to show screenshots of the work to you. The release of the script is tentatively scheduled for September.

I apologize for my bad english.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good!

If it's good enough to publish through Aerosoft (if that's your goal), I can't decide. Only Aerosoft can do that. However if you ask my opinion, I'd say it needs more work on the ground textures. For example if you look at the last screenshot it's just a grey area with a few objects on them, but no details. I got the impression that your ground textures are hand-drawn. Nothing wrong with that, but it'll never be as detailed as photoreal.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to this scenery when it'll be finished.

Thanks for the feedback!

When preparing the GP, a photorealistic landscape was taken as the basis, but in the process of work, textures were drawn on which masks were applied on top of a separate polygon. Thus made the entire GP. Scenery is fully prepared in SketchUp: GP, runway, objects. I will try to contact the AeroSoft administration for possible cooperation. I will try to finish the work in two months :) 

On 7/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, PatrickZ said:

Looking good!

If it's good enough to publish through Aerosoft (if that's your goal), I can't decide. Only Aerosoft can do that. However if you ask my opinion, I'd say it needs more work on the ground textures. For example if you look at the last screenshot it's just a grey area with a few objects on them, but no details. I got the impression that your ground textures are hand-drawn. Nothing wrong with that, but it'll never be as detailed as photoreal.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to this scenery when it'll be finished.

That is not quite right Patrick, if done right a hand drawn groundpoly will look at a LOT better than photoreal.
The developer simply has to put a lot of time and effort into it.
Photoreal is very limited since the pictures are taken from high altitudes and therefore limited in their resolution. If a developer tells me about a 1cm/px resolution the first thing I'm asking them is: Is that the resolution of the groundpoly or of the photo you used for it?

The recent trend I see with many developers is to use a quite blurry photoimage and then to paint some details on them. Looks rather bad if you ask me because the difference is easily visible and, at least for me, ruins the whole feeling and immersion.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

But we do need a licensed aerial image!

Thank. I wrote from my mail 

5 hours ago, Pavel1971 said:

Very nice work!

Can you tell me which aircraft is this?

On 7/27/2019 at 7:12 AM, Pavel1971 said:

Many thanks in advance!

32 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Very nice work!

Can you tell me which aircraft is this?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks for the nice feedback.

This is the Carenado Saab 340 model. 

16 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That is not quite right Patrick, if done right a hand drawn groundpoly will look at a LOT better than photoreal.
The developer simply has to put a lot of time and effort into it.
Photoreal is very limited since the pictures are taken from high altitudes and therefore limited in their resolution. If a developer tells me about a 1cm/px resolution the first thing I'm asking them is: Is that the resolution of the groundpoly or of the photo you used for it?

The recent trend I see with many developers is to use a quite blurry photoimage and then to paint some details on them. Looks rather bad if you ask me because the difference is easily visible and, at least for me, ruins the whole feeling and immersion.

I agree. This is especially felt in the cockpit. But in order to draw the details you need to draw very well. It's complicated. I believe that you need to combine drawing and photo landscapes, especially if you make a large area. Each element has its advantage.
I will not hide, Koshice is my first job of this magnitude which I have been doing for almost a year.

A few screenshots of the construction of the city. It is planned to build from 50 to 70 buildings which are located on take-off / landing courses.
In the screenshots, Atrium_Optima shopping center and Steel Košice plant. Nyans was, buildings with a course of 186 on the 19th runway are located on the slope. Whatever the buildings hang in the air, SketchUp uses the terrain.

Buildings will not be as business as at the airport, but their shape will be maintained, the height of buildings, the texture of buildings will correspond to real buildings. 

Sports complex. The monumental building of the 70s of the last century :) Now the construction of a new modern sports complex is in full swing. But it will be visible already when the script is updated :) I think the Slovakia national team knows hockey fans about tournaments

In order to diversify the work, I modify static models. 10 parking on the platform is occupied by them. It is excluded from traffic. All models are low poly.

I do hope that static Wizzair plane can be disabled in the final scenery, I hate static aircraft. This would also mean you have to include two AFCAD files, one where the parking spot occupied by the Wizzair plane is disabled and the aircraft is in place and one where it is enabled and the static aircraft is not there.

Now the GP is being edited and some points that I wanted to fix. Actively creates night textures. I will talk about night lighting on Sunday. I can say that night lighting will be combined. There will be night textures and dynamic lighting. Recommended settings and characteristics of the computer on which Kosice is tested I will describe in detail. I want to finish editing the airport this week and start building projects in the city. For this I will need another month.

This is the territory of the airport.

With GP editing, I am done. GP textures are executed in Adobe Photoshop and masks are applied on top in png. In the lower screenshot you can see the empty places, on them objects of the city buildings will be located.

I would like to show some models that were being prepared for this project. Models and screenshots made in SketchUp

My night lighting is almost ready. We will talk about him and the settings as I promised on Sunday. Now a few screenshots in the winter

A bit about the settings. The performance of the computer on which the project was created and tested.
Intel Core i5-3450 3100 МГц
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G, 192-bit GDDR5, MHz / 1569 MHz / 8000 MHz 
Kingston DDR3 SDRAM - 16 Gb
This is a pretty average performance computer today with a 2012 processor. But this is even good for testing. Who has a better computer architecture, frame rate will be higher.

During testing, aircraft models were used: PMDG_737_NGX; Aerosoft_CRJ 700-900; Alabeo C207 Skywagon; carenado saab 340.
With the flight simulator settings that are shown in the screenshot, at the airport, on takeoff and landing, the average frame rate is from 35 to 45. In flight, it is slightly higher. I use 8xSSAA anti-aliasing
When dynamic lighting is on, there is a slight decrease in the frame rate, so whoever feels uncomfortable, I recommend reducing anti-aliasing to 4xSSAA.
These are the moments of settings which I consider important.

In the project, roads are laid around the airport, city buildings will be partially implemented, but I recommend using the script together with FTX Vector and FTX OpenLC Europe. The project will look more harmonious.
I continue to deal with urban buildings and plan to complete the project in September.
Now a few screenshots of night lighting.

The interior of the passenger terminal and the control tower will be added. But I think that these additions will be with project updates.

Today is my day off and I tested the model Carenado atr 42 Pleasant aircraft, cockpit good experience. Active Sky has loaded cloudless weather. Indeed, overboard more than 30 degrees of heat :)

Started working on u s steel kosice. This is a steel mill. It is located parallel to the glide path and is very clearly visible. In addition to administrative buildings, there will be workshops, houses that are located along the road next to the factory.

Я решил посвятить конец недели оптимизации сценариев. Были отредактированы некоторые статические модели, разработан уровень детализации и протестированы различные LOD. Тени были назначены на материалы. Эта работа займет некоторое время. Также сделан интерьер пассажирского терминала.

I think the Steel Kosice made in sufficient detail. Nothing more will be added to it. Later in the evening I will show how it looks in the flight simulator

Archived