EGLL payware XP11

Hi,

after a bit of self-debate I bought the EGLL Heathrow for XP11. Wasn't entirely sure as Aerosoft obviously supplies the built-in version for XP11 but eventually decided I'd go for it to get the full versions of all the airport buildings (even though the supplied one is actually pretty good).

I'm very disappointed with the result. The underlying (ground) scenery is very washed out and a serious mismatch for the ORBX TrueEarth GB scenery in which it sits. It seems as if the footprint of the payware version is large than that of the included XP11 version, so myh question is - is there any relatively simple way to reduce the footprint of the payware version to match the XP11 version? That is to say can anyone tell me if there are just a couple of simple background files to remove?

As it is, I've disabled the new version - I'd rather have a better co-ordinated but more basic airport than the current mismatch in the landscape. I realise you might argue that it is ORBX's scenery that is "wrong", but if it's a choice of EGLL or True Earth GB then it's got to be the TE for me.

Any advice gratefully received (and this is not a dig at Aerosoft - this version might fit in perfectly with the default XP scenery for all I know).

• Administrator

Hello azc60,

can you give us some screenshots for the problems?

And please send the Log.txt file to us if you want.

Or open a ticket for the problem and send there the screenshots and the Log.txt file.

Close X-Plane 11 before you send the Log.txt (its in the installed X-Plane 11 folder).

OrbX uses other photosceneries (made at another time...) than our Airport Heathrow as a reason for the color difference....

But I think its not a very big difference,

May be with the World Editor for X-Plane 11 you can change the Orthophotos for you, but I cannot say if this will work fine....

Here a screenshot of Heathrow (Aerosoft payware Version) with OrbX TE installed (XP11.35).

Greets Heinz

as-egll-and-orbx-te.jpg

Hi Heinz,

thanks for the response. Your screenshot is exactly what I'm seeing on my system. No need for a support ticket, I'm not reporting this as a problem, but to my eyes this is too much of a colour mismatch to feel comfortable with. I was just wondering if there was a simple file or two I could disable to remove the backgound photoscenery to allow whatever is there in the default XP / Aerosoft EGLL to show up, as I assume the underlying landscape is basically the same for the payware and built-in airports.

I might try playing with WED but I'm a bit of a novice with that tool. If it comes to it I'll just drop back to the default  EGLL and write off the payware version.

cheers,

Andy

• Administrator

Hi Andy,

the dds files (about 350) you find in the orthophoto folder of the Heathrow folder.

I think, it is to much work to change them or to make them unvisible. This are also orthophotos of the airport byself (not only the environment).

I would not change anything here :)

Greets Heinz

Hi Heinz,

I might have a look at those, thanks. I suspect I'll probably just leave it all as is and just switch the payware version on or off depending whether I'm playing around at ground level or not. If I'm exploring the airport itself I'll use the payware version, but otherwise I'll leave it disabled.

cheers,

Andy

Archived