Scripting

Hi All,

I'd like to explore the possibility of bringing a very small utility that I wrote for the 'bus in the other sim' to this Airbus.

In the other sim, I use LUA and have a table of published variables that I use.

Posting here as I really do not know where to start - what language/addon is generally used ? Obviously I am not asking for how to, just some pointers so that I can go away and google-it :) 

And then where can I find the variable (I only use a handful) 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

-Carl

@Mathijs Kok I hope an extract of my existing solution is okay to post (realise it might not be SOP but it stops me crashing into things! :) ) Note that the links are purposely edited so as not to clutter.

https://youtu.be/  g7FC2IUbCbc

https://youtu.be/  rpBC_MnZmR8

Introduction:

This is an implementation of a first officer based on the idea of my first officer series for the IXEG 737 and FF 757/767 (and if I ever release it, Zibo first officer :))

The idea is to ease the work load when entering and leaving the runway by having the first officer do the entering runway/leaving runway items.

Actions:

Unlike my other scripts, you need to activate each time i.e. from the FlyWithLUA menu - choose option, Script Is Active (this is not software activation). Reason is this way I can be sure that the script initalises its' variables.

Installation:

Copy the LUA file to the FlyWithLUA scripts folder.

Main Actions:

Entering runway items - capt trigger: switch on strobes, First officer does :-

Switches on turnoff, landing lights, nose light to TO

Switches on WX radar (cruise alt odd: left radar, cruise alt even: right radar) & PWS

Switches off dome light as I always forget this.

Transponder mode set to TA/RA.

Retracts gear after take off - trigger: within 1 minutes of thrust levers in Flex or TOGA and a positive v/s (never tested on a G/A but it might work in this case).

Leaving runway items - capt trigger:- capt trigger switch off strobes, First officer does :-

Switches on turnoff, 

Landing lights off, 

Nose light to Taxi

Switches off WX radar, PWS

Disarm spoiliers

Flaps up

Transponder mode set to off.

Additional Actions:

• Around 10000ft, climbing, landing lights off. descending, landing lights on. 
  • Random altitude between 15000ft to 24000ft, climbing, seat belt lights off. descending, seat belt lights on
  • When gear is selected down: Switches on turnoff, landing lights, nose light to TO

Archived