Thrust reverse problem TQ6

JackSwyr

I don’t know why this is happening.  I just landed at LEBB but when I bought the reverser handle back they did not go in reverse.  They worked fine before I took off as I tested them.  Now sitting here on the runway they won’t work.  I got to them work once on the runway while I was stopped but now they won’t budge.  I even reloaded the plane and set it to take off state, no help.

I use FSUIPC, the latest Windows 10 updates, the latest Bus, version 1.2.4.2, and a VirtualFly TQ6.

I calibrated the TQ6 in Windows, P3D 4.5, and FSUIPC.  It used to work perfectly and they work fine with all the PMDG and other planes that use reverser.  It will even work with the F7 function key and, when I THEN move the TQ6 physical lever it will move OUT of reverse like it’s supposed to.  I just can’t get it to GO to reverse.

Like I said it was working before I took off.  

All other levers work as assigned in FSUIPC, the leftmost lever for thrust, left blue lever for spoilers, the right blue lever for flaps.

Any idea why this is Dave?

Thanks 

Jack

1 minute ago, JackSwyr said:

I don’t know why this is happening.  I just landed at LEBB but when I bought the reverser handle back they did not go in reverse.  They worked fine before I took off as I tested them.  Now sitting here on the runway they won’t work.  I got to them work once on the runway while I was stopped but now they won’t budge.  I even reloaded the plane and set it to take off state, no help.

I use FSUIPC, the latest Windows 10 updates, the latest Bus, version 1.2.4.2, and a VirtualFly TQ6.

I calibrated the TQ6 in Windows, P3D 4.5, and FSUIPC.  It used to work perfectly and they work fine with all the PMDG and other planes that use reverser.  It will even work with the F7 function key and, when I THEN move the TQ6 physical lever it will move OUT of reverse like it’s supposed to.  I just can’t get it to GO to reverse.

Like I said it was working before I took off.  

All other levers work as assigned in FSUIPC, the leftmost lever for thrust, left blue lever for spoilers, the right blue lever for flaps.

Any idea why this is Dave?

Thanks 

Jack

I don't use FSUIPC, so no sir, I can't help you here.

Best wishes!

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

I don't use FSUIPC, so no sir, I can't help you here.

Best wishes!

Argh!  Doesn’t anyone at Aerosoft use FSUIPC?  What do you do Dave, use the keyboard for all the throttle and reverse controls?  I mean how else would I bind a TQ6 to the flight controls?

Just now, JackSwyr said:

Argh!  Doesn’t anyone at Aerosoft use FSUIPC?  What do you do Dave, use the keyboard for all the throttle and reverse controls?  I mean how else would I bind a TQ6 to the flight controls?

My T/C initiates a button command when thrust levers are placed past the dent. One of the few advantages of using a Saitek T/C.  Makes reverse thrust too easy.  They also have several buttons beneath the thrust levers, which can be used for other things.  In the next month or so I'll have a pre-release of the new Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant... can't wait!

We have some customers that use FSUIPC (but we don't support it), but formally speaking Aerosoft always recommends using FSX/P3D commands.

Best wishes.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

My T/C initiates a button command when thrust levers are placed past the dent. One of the few advantages of using a Saitek T/C.  Makes reverse thrust too easy.  They also have several buttons beneath the thrust levers, which can be used for other things.  In the next month or so I'll have a pre-release of the new Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant... can't wait!

We have some customers that use FSUIPC (but we don't support it), but formally speaking Aerosoft always recommends using FSX/P3D commands.

Best wishes.

Thanks.  Looks like I’m now an ex Aerosoft Airbus patron.  I’m sorry, but all the other vendors I use support FSUIPC.  This is unacceptable to me.  Back to PMDG, sorry if I seem upset, I am.  

1 minute ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks.  Looks like I’m now an ex Aerosoft Airbus patron.  I’m sorry, but all the other vendors I use support FSUIPC.  This is unacceptable to me.  Back to PMDG, sorry if I seem upset, I am.  

Okay, thanks my friend.

Archived