Bergen - Lots of thrust required to taxi

Haven't flown into Bergen for quite a while but did tonight and noticed how I had to use 50+ % thrust in the Zibo mod when taxiing from the runway to the stand. I landed at runway 17, vacated at A6 and ended up at stand 27.

I had this vague memory I experienced the same thing in the past and found this old and closed topic.

Just wanted to ask if someone else ever found out what is causing this? Or if it indeed has to do with the elevation at the airport. These days I'm doing all my flying in VR where it's usually quite easy to see elevation compared to 2D but can't say it looked like an uphill that would require more than 50% thrust along my short taxi to stand 27.

Starting to sound like you may have a system issue, since you're experiencing all sorts of problems with different scenery, but I don't know as I'm not an Xplane user.  When our PM for Xplane gets back with you regarding the issues you've had with two other scenery products, please tell him about this as well and provide him the link.

Best wishes.

It's a know issue with the ENBR scenery although we haven't found the reason for it yet. There are a couple of threads about that. 

42 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's a know issue with the ENBR scenery although we haven't found the reason for it yet. There are a couple of threads about that. 

Got it.

Thanks for confirming and let's hope you'll eventually figure out what's going on so you can fix it.

When you find a solution, how/where will it be announced? Probably as an update to the scenery?

Reason I ask is I think I'll remove your Bergen scenery for now and go back to the default XP11 one instead. Since it IMHO takes away quite a bit of the realism and immersion having to use in excess of 50% thrust to move around on the ground.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived