Checklists

ThePilot_Ace

Hi guys. I have recently bought the wonderful KatanaX and installed the update for SP2 because I have Acceleration. For some reason I cannot access the checklists (shift+F11). I can see the navigation (i.e. before take off) but I cannot click the links. Why is this? Perhaps it is a bug?

Hello ThePilot_Ace,

The problem with the checklist has been mentioned before, FSX removed the ability to use it (I believe its was HTML) in FSX so the checklist wont work.

Why they did this is not known. Folks were hoping it would be re-implemented in a service pack but you no MS.

As for the wing problem can you attach a screenshot of the issue please.

Hello ThePilot_Ace,

Yes I see the problem with the main and tail wing transparency, but I dont see a problem with the lights on the ground..

I have sent Mathijs a mail regarding this, but I tried changing the main wing and tail textures from DXT3 to DXT1 and it seemed to fix the issue for now.

• 1 year later...
Hello ThePilot_Ace,

Yes I see the problem with the main and tail wing transparency, but I dont see a problem with the lights on the ground..

I have sent Mathijs a mail regarding this, but I tried changing the main wing and tail textures from DXT3 to DXT1 and it seemed to fix the issue for now.

Sorry for the general ignorance, but how doe we do this?

Hello Philippe,

Firstly you need Imagetool, do you have access to this or a graphics tool that can convert DXT3 to DXT1.

Hi Shaun,

I have Irfranview... though Im still not too sure which files I would have to play around with and how to do it...

Hello Philippe,

Irfanview wont be up to the job.

You can download Imagetool from this page.

Its part of the Terrains SDk.

The textures file to convert is named MM_DA20_W_T.bmp

The aircraft can be found in the location below.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Digital Aviation Katana DA-20-100

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Digital Aviation Katana DA-20-80

Load the above named mentioned file into Imagetool for each texture folder separately.

Then look under Image|Format in the top bar menu and change the format from DXT3 to DXT1 and then save it.

Hi again Shaun!

Thanks for the help! It worked well! I also notice now that the mainframe of the aircraft has the same problem. The wings and tail are fine. Would you happen to know which file I need to convert to DXT1 as well?