Connected flightdeck

Afternoon,

Now I am really sorry if this has already been asked but I am a little confused with the connected flightdeck/shared cockpit with the A32x professional, all I want to know is, is it currently available or are the servers down or something as I am getting mixed comments about it so I just want a clear answer, if they are down, what is the time frame they will come back online again?   A friend of mine is really tempted to purchase it so we can fly shared cockpit but he might not if it's not available so I really need to know to let him know if you see what I mean?

Thanks,

Joe.

Hello Joe,

Connected Flight Deck is currently in the Alpha development stage.  As things are now, people are able to connect, but the other person is almost completely an observer as the CFD functions are not working or not yet coded.  We're hoping that some additional work will be done on CFD by the end of August 2019, enough that it will be a somewhat usable by both pilots with more improvements to come down the road. But please understand that there is no guarantee for the end of August time frame as A330 development is in full swing, requiring most of the development resources. 

In anticipation of the upcoming CFD work, I am getting ready to start working with a handful of volunteers (very experienced Airbus and VATSIM pilots) to become Aerosoft Airbus CFD Captains, who will then work with those who are new to the Airbus and/or flying on VATSIM and otherwise be available to fly even with other experienced flight simmers.  This will help open the Airbus, VATSIM, advanced IFR flight planning for airliners and a lot more up to the flight sim community.  This will also lead to our hosting CFD group Flights and when the A330 CFD is ready we'll be doing long A330 CFD Group Long Haul Flights with multiple crews (crew change outs).  Unfortunately, we'll likely be using a non-Aerosoft shared cockpit capable aircraft for working with the CFD Captains as the Airbus CFD is not currently ready for use.

The future is extremely exciting, and I know it's difficult to wait, but that's where we are.

I hope this answers your questions my friend. 

Best wishes!

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Joe,

Connected Flight Deck is currently in the Alpha development stage.  As things are now, people are able to connect, but the other person is almost completely an observer as the CFD functions are not working or not yet coded.  We're hoping that some additional work will be done on CFD by the end of August 2019, enough that it will be a somewhat usable by both pilots with more improvements to come down the road. But please understand that there is no guarantee for the end of August time frame as A330 development is in full swing, requiring most of the development resources. 

In anticipation of the upcoming CFD work, I am getting ready to start working with a handful of volunteers (very experienced Airbus and VATSIM pilots) to become Aerosoft Airbus CFD Captains, who will then work with those who are new to the Airbus and/or flying on VATSIM and otherwise be available to fly even with other experienced flight simmers.  This will help open the Airbus, VATSIM, advanced IFR flight planning for airliners and a lot more up to the flight sim community.  This will also lead to our hosting CFD group Flights and when the A330 CFD is ready we'll be doing long A330 CFD Group Long Haul Flights with multiple crews (crew change outs).  Unfortunately, we'll likely be using a non-Aerosoft shared cockpit capable aircraft for working with the CFD Captains as the Airbus CFD is not currently ready for use.

The future is extremely exciting, and I know it's difficult to wait, but that's where we are.

I hope this answers your questions my friend. 

Best wishes!

Well it most certainly does answer my question so thanks very much for that, I really do look forward to flying in connected flight deck with him when it is fully functional, is there any quick way to check on updates as the months go on?

Thank you and kind regards,

Joe.

35 minutes ago, Joe.l said:

is there any quick way to check on updates as the months go on?

Sure. Just use the AsUpdater and it will let you know. You might also enable experimental updates.

Best wishes.

Archived