Frankfurt. Airport not visible

niklaskull

Hi.

Flew to Frankfurt today. The airport was completely gone when I landed. Default runways with no markings. No buildings what so ever. Excepts for the SODE gates. Blurry google maps styled ground textures.

Did a reinstall of the scenery and no change.

AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT FRANKFURT V2 PROFESSIONAL P3D4
Running in v4.4. Addon enabled.

/Niklas

Please login to display this image.

We're very sorry to hear you're having difficulties my friend.  Before we can assist you, we'll need some very important information.

1. Which simulator are you using (FS2004/FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv1-3/P3Dv4.5/Xpane10/Xplane11)? 

2. Which version of Frankfurt did you install? 

Frankfurt XP? 

Frankfurt V2.0 for FS9? 

Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0? 

Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0 Professional? 

(There are also other Frankfurt scenery sold by Aerosoft, but those are the main ones.)

3. Please Private Message me the email that you used and the store you purchased the scenery from.  PLEASE DO NOT PUT THAT INFORMATION IN THE FORUM, Instead, please Private Message this information to me.  You can do this by either placing your mouse over my Username (left side of this post) and selecting "Message", or by clicking on my Username and selecting "Message").

4. Did you install or update anything after you installed the Frankfurt scenery?

5. Have you ever been able to use the Frankfurt scenery without having issues?

We'll be able to better assist you when we know the simulator and which version of Frankfurt you're using.  It may be another moderator who helps after we receive the requested information as I'm about to leave for the evening, however I will certainly check on this first thing tomorrow morning (my time). 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We're very sorry to hear you're having difficulties my friend.  Before we can assist you, we'll need some very important information.

1. Which simulator are you using (FS2004/FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv1-3/P3Dv4.5/Xpane10/Xplane11)? 

2. Which version of Frankfurt did you install? 

Frankfurt XP? 

Frankfurt V2.0 for FS9? 

Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0? 

Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0 Professional? 

(There are also other Frankfurt scenery sold by Aerosoft, but those are the main ones.)

3. Please Private Message me the email that you used and the store you purchased the scenery from.  PLEASE DO NOT PUT THAT INFORMATION IN THE FORUM, Instead, please Private Message this information to me.  You can do this by either placing your mouse over my Username (left side of this post) and selecting "Message", or by clicking on my Username and selecting "Message").

4. Did you install or update anything after you installed the Frankfurt scenery?

5. Have you ever been able to use the Frankfurt scenery without having issues?

We'll be able to better assist you when we know the simulator and which version of Frankfurt you're using.  It may be another moderator who helps after we receive the requested information as I'm about to leave for the evening, however I will certainly check on this first thing tomorrow morning (my time). 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

1 P3d v4.4

MEGA AIRPORT FRANKFURT V2 PROFESSIONAL P3D4 

3 Sending you a private message about the details.

4 Origianlly I bought EDDF back in april, so yes I have installed a few other sceneries since then. But not since I tried reinstalling Frankfurt yesterday evening.

5 Oh yes, no problem at all in the beginning when I first bought it.

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Can you see the scenery in the P3Dv4 -Library?
If so, where?

At first it was pretty low down in the list. But I tried moving it to the top to no avail.

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

and are you sure you scenery density settings are okay?

I believe so. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please show us a screenshot of you scenery library, so that we can see where EDDF sits.

Also please name the complete path where you have installed EDDF.

Are you using any tool to reorganize/edit your library?

vor 18 Stunden , niklaskull sagte:

Flew to Frankfurt today. The airport was completely gone when I landed. Default runways with no markings. No buildings what so ever. Excepts for the SODE gates. Blurry google maps styled ground textures.

you're talking about SODE Gates - I don't think EDDF has them yet. Are you using GSX2 to add them?

If so there maybe a GSX2 exclude that kills the scenery

Niklas,

Please try the following:

1. Download the latest Frankfurt Professional installer.

2. Uninstall the Frankfurt Scenery.

3. Manually remove any remaining Frankfurt folders (there shouldn't be any, but sometimes there are) from where you installed the scenery to.  The default location for the Frankfurt Professional scenery is C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\aerosoft folder, and Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder might have two folders, EDDF Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 P3D V4 and EDDF Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain.  Remove (delete) any of these folders.

4. Reboot your computer (likely not necessary, but it never hurts).

5. Start P3D, then after P3D has finished loading, close P3D.

6. Reinstall the Frankfurt Professional Scenery, being sure to have disabled your computer security and then run the Frankfurt Professional Scenery installer "As Administrator".

7. Start P3D, and the scenery should be added back to P3D.

If the above doesn't work, then you may well have an Frankfurt (EDDF) AFCAD still present from another scenery package.  This would also cause the issue you're having.

Anyway,  do the above procedure in the order provided above (very important) , and let us know how you make out.

Best wishes!

Archived