WX Radar turbulance

matty260191

I remember when using AS2012 we used to get turbulence show up on the WX radar when set to WX+T since updating to AS16/ASP4 we have weather but no turbulence ever shows up. it does in my QW787 and PMDG aircraft just not this bus. will this ever be worked on i know its to do with the way turbulence is placed in sim by the program but if QW and PMDG can do it can Aerosoft not as well? would have helped me out on several occasions.

3 minutes ago, matty260191 said:

I remember when using AS2012 we used to get turbulence show up on the WX radar when set to WX+T since updating to AS16/ASP4 we have weather but no turbulence ever shows up. it does in my QW787 and PMDG aircraft just not this bus. will this ever be worked on i know its to do with the way turbulence is placed in sim by the program but if QW and PMDG can do it can Aerosoft not as well? would have helped me out on several occasions.

The difference is QW and PMDG read directly from Active Skies memory however our radar reads directly from the simulator. This enables ours to work with all weather addons and even with default weather while QW and PMDG can ONLY work with Active Sky and not with any other weather addon.

AS2012 did not incorporate the ability to simulate a weather radar at all, therefore they simply injected everything in the sim.

If you use AS2012 you will therefore see it all on our weather radar.

With ASP4 they no longer do this, now it all happens in the memory of the program instead of in the simulator and they pretty much only inject the direct weather at your aircrafts position.

This causes trouble to all weather radars reading weather from the simulator. You will see the same results in the REX/MilViz radar which also reads directly from the simulator.

In other words: We show you exactly what is in your simulator.

Active Sky does not inject many parameters such as turbulence into the simulator but only injects them over some hacks when you actually reach the turbulent area. That makes it impossible to read it in advance.

• Aerosoft

If you want to see how accurate weather radars in the sim are, try to fly into serious weather using your weather radar. You will find that our WX makes that easy as it will simply show what the sim has. Using other weather radars you will often find that what the weather radar shows simply does show where it is supposed to be. Just last week when there were serious thunderstorms around me I tried it again.  Using ASP4 I would fly to the areas shown in red on the weather radar and half the time there was simply no serious weather there.  Using our bus it was always spot on. 

We are very serious in the idea that the aircraft read weather that is in the sim around the aircraft. Weather you actually feel and see. If it is not in the sim, it does not exist.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, matty260191 said:

so turbulence will never show for ASp4 what about Rex weather engine does that show turbulence?

If they inject the weather directly then yes, you would see turbulence on the radar.

Best to ask them how they do it. If it's in the sim it will be on the radar.

that is, it’s normal that the radar shows almost nothing?
any other radar would give a warning and paint everything in red...
well, at least turbulence is well modeled :)

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

any other radar would give a warning and paint everything in red...

Where did you get this information from?

22 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Where did you get this information from?

since this is a simulator, you can simply switch to another plane ,eg pmdg b737 or majestic  dash 8, the radar will show alerts and red highlights and you can evaluate the best way around

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

since this is a simulator, you can simply switch to another plane ,eg pmdg b737 or majestic  dash 8, the radar will show alerts and red highlights and you can evaluate the best way around

As far as I know PMDG implemted the radar from AS. As such that radar will not work if you use REX for example. Our bus has it’s own and is not limited to a specific weather engine. When AS started to do fancy artificial techniques it’s ok, but if they don’t add the weather fully to the sim, you have to ask them to do it right.

4 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

When AS started to do fancy artificial techniques it’s ok, but if they don’t add the weather fully to the sim, you have to ask them to do it right.

that is, when using the active sky, is this a normal situation with incorrect rendering of the weather?

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, radeon29 said:

that is, when using the active sky, is this a normal situation with incorrect rendering of the weather?

Unfortunately yes.

4 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Unfortunately yes.

This is what I wanted to hear, but what weather engine would you recommend for correct operation together with the bus?

Hi, I have AS and it works with the bus in  real weather. Took this capture  this afternoon  bound to LFPG.

Best.

Miquel.

7 minutes ago, miquelpp said:

Hi, I have AS and it works with the bus in  real weather. Took this capture  this afternoon  bound to LFPG.

Best.

Miquel.

That's hard to judge from that picture alone. While we can see that there is some rain inserted we can not judge its intensity. If you fly into it Active Sky might give you violent turbulence or just nothing. You just can't tell for sure because the full weather you will encounter is not injected into the simulator until you are actually in it.

12 minutes ago, miquelpp said:

Hi, I have AS and it works with the bus in  real weather

can you take a screenshot of the radar panel?
in any case and for me it sometimes works normally(especially on a large scale)...

2 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

can you take a screenshot of the radar panel?
in any case and for me it sometimes works normally...

He has everything set to AUTO, you can see that by the radar indication on the lower right of the ND.

If he would be using manual gain or tilt it would be shown on the display.

• Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

This is what I wanted to hear, but what weather engine would you recommend for correct operation together with the bus?

The bus operates 100% correct in the sim. Your external weather radar simply shows you somethimg that might happen in that moment in the real world, but it doesn't happen in the simulator. 

Therefore there is nothing that should be handled differently. 

As it has been already mentioned above in this topic: the Aerosoft Airbus shows you and responds to what is in the sim. Nothing more and nothing less. 

There is absolutely no reason not to trust what the Aerosoft WXR shows you as this is what affects your aircraft. 

To come back to your question: you can use any weather engine you like! 

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

To come back to your question: you can use any weather engine you like! 

I like the active sky!

Because it works great with other models, and in the end it’s the most popular weather engine.

But only with the bus are there any problems on the radar...

8 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

I like the active sky!

Because it works great with other models, and in the end it’s the most popular weather engine.

But only with the bus are there any problems on the radar...

I like Active Sky as well, it is the best weather engine currently available.

However due to its complexity it does simply not inject everything into the simulator. Unfortunately many things are only injected when you actually enter them.

There's nothing we can do about this, only the Active Sky developers could work on this.

You could also try the REX weather engine coming with REX Sky Force if you own that product.

From a real life perspective however I have to say there simply is no realistic weather addon available for any flight simulator.

I have simply never seen any pattern on any radar which looked even remotely as in real life.

What I usually notice is that most weather addons are tuned for great visuals, which leads to a hopeless overdepiction of weather in the sim.
Weathercells are much stronger than they are in real life and there are far to many of them. Most certainly with Active Sky but also with all other weather addons I tried so far.

The best in terms of realism of the weather systems so far was FSGRW however they focus more on the weather systems than on the visuals (which aren't bad either if you're using addon textures like REX). Just to be sure though: "best" still has to be seen as very modest compared with the real world.

6 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

ust to be sure though: "best" still has to be seen as very modest compared with the real world.

I completely agree with this, but when there are more or less realistic effects on the radar, agree that is nice!
And if this picture on the radar also works (has a physical effect), then it’s just wonderful and exactly (as far as it can be in the simulator fully) the active sky works with other models, at least for PMDG and Majestic, and in the latter there’s even a good system icing.

Archived