IRS Align in A318-319

Miguel_V

More than a week or so ago, I discovered the IRS misalignment failure on the A320-321, it was snapped by applying a downloaded XML to the corresponding folder in the Airbus A320 A321 Base, the question is with update 1.2.4.2 that also applies to the A318-319  If the same thing happens, will you resolve that misalignment by applying the XML file that was downloaded and resolved the failure on the A320-321, in the base folder of A318-319? this question came to me today when I'm planning flights with the A319, and before I test it I'd like to be sure.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Miguel_V said:

More than a week or so ago, I discovered the IRS misalignment failure on the A320-321, it was snapped by applying a downloaded XML to the corresponding folder in the Airbus A320 A321 Base, the question is with update 1.2.4.2 that also applies to the A318-319  If the same thing happens, will you resolve that misalignment by applying the XML file that was downloaded and resolved the failure on the A320-321, in the base folder of A318-319? this question came to me today when I'm planning flights with the A319, and before I test it I'd like to be sure.

Affirm, same file should work for both products since they share the same alignment process.

I have just carried out the test with the Airbus A319, at the point that it puts click on the MCDU, IRS INIT, I did not press anything and Waited at 7 minutes, from the countdown, at the end of these the IRST has correctly aligned with the position of the GATE in which it was the A319, all I did was BATERY 1 and 2 ON, Ground Generator on ON, lighting of the ON screens and the 3 IRSTs in NAV, so I consider that upgrading A318-319 from 1.2.4.0 to 1.2.4.2 to the failure of the IRSTs on the A320-321 does not affect , and since I have the Backup XML file that is installed on the A320-321, I will try to restore it and perform the same test, to see if it aligns the same. I'll get back to you.

I confirm that the original XML file is installed on the Airbus A320-321 AB_IRS. XML 1.2.4.2 does not affect the IRS's alignment correctly in the MCDU after 7 minutes of the account back from when they are put into NAV position.

I've taken the steps
Position the aircraft at an airport and GATE to check the LAT/LOG
BAT 1+2 > ON
EXT PWR > ON
ADIR 1.2,3 > NAV
BRT in PFD, ND, ECAM Uper and Lower > ON

MCDU Left push button L1
Entering the data of:
CO Route
FLT NBR
Cost
CRZ FL
ZFW and BLCK

Sid....

At the end of the 7-minute countdown, without having interacted in anything on the MCDU such as clicking on the IRS INI page the 6R button, the system has automatically aligned, showing the correct PFD and ND, and the correct LAT/LOG data the three ADIRS according to the GATE's position.

Archived