PFPX - Not responding on startup

5 hours ago, ch4rles50 said:

When I start PFPX it doesn't fully load and clicking anywhere on the screen causes it to not respond and ultimately crash.

Has this been the case since install ?

If not what has changed, WIN10 1903, an addition to PFPX ?

I've had PFPX for years and it's worked fine, I'm currently running WIN10 1809 and haven't changed anything to PFPX apart from adding aircraft files etc which have all been deleted during multiple reinstalls trying to get it to work.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Strange thing is that i never got PFPX running on a brand new PC under 1809, but when I upgraded to 1903 it worked without any problems. So I am sure that somehow Windows is involved. 

I suggest to make sure that everything is 100% up to date, Windows, .NET and all MS VC++ Redistributables. Install .NET and the Redistributables from scratch and let Windows Update run multiple times till definitely no updates are found.

I've just updated windows to 1903 and it's working fine now - though I've seen the same issue also posted with 1903 so not sure what has caused it and magically fixed.

Thanks for your guys' time.

10 hours ago, ch4rles50 said:

I've just updated windows to 1903 and it's working fine now - though I've seen the same issue also posted with 1903 so not sure what has caused it and magically fixed.

Thanks for your guys' time.

Quite possibly your upgrade to 1903 reset .NET as v4.8 is distributed in that update.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have this problem. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall with the latest VC+ packages, but no luck. I must admit I'm not a frequent flyer so haven't used PFPX since June of this year.

One thing I find strange though is that even though PFPX doesn't respond, task manager reports that it uses about 8% of the CPU (so something is doing something). Is there any verbose logs etc. that could shed some light onto this?

I'm using W10 1903.

It turned about to be a very short-lived solution 😕 I was able to run PFPX (start, update routes etc.) after uninstallation of KB (and restart), but after a second restart I'm no longer able to start PFPX (back to not responding). 

*arrrgh* something .net at least

Any tips for some detailed/verbose alternatively some debugging options that can be enabled?

Have you tried reinstalling .NET ?

From control panel / programs & features / turn windows features on or off.

Untick .NET Framework 4.8 - reboot

Same process and untick .NET framework 3.5 - reboot

Reverse the process and select each in turn with reboot.

Run window update.

I would also then reinstall the vcredist 2015-2019 runtimes

Archived