Twin Otter Crashing (Just the craft, not FSX)

The Monch

When I fly the Twotter, i always have to cancel the fligts, because of miraculous crashes. In this case not FSX which is crashing, just the craft itself. 

Today I was flying from Edinburg (EGPH) to Oban (EGEO), fl080, everything was getting smooth, until a couple of minutes I got an 'Overstressed'  crash. I switched off the ' stress causes damage'  box in the realism menu to avoid this kind of crashes. 

I reloaded the flight (using FSUIPC autosave) in the state a couple of minutes before this event. Everything seemed to go well, but all of a sudden,  CRASH!.... 

I used the autopilot to climb (IAS mode) and switched to ALT mode when reaching cruise altitude of 8000 ft. HDG mode was also switched on. 

I am completely puzzeled. Whats going on?  Does it have anything to do with altitude? Cause when I fly the twotter at max 3000 ft, no problem at all... But IRL, i found enough Youtube videos of Twotters flying fl100 easily....

Who can help me out with this?

Thanks!

Maarten

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please describe crash in detail, like engine stops, loosing power, any warnings in the cockpit.....

11 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Please describe crash in detail, like engine stops, loosing power, any warnings in the cockpit.....

that's an easy one: none of the above. 

And i especially paid attention to the gauges: none of them were in red zones 

9 hours ago, mopperle said:

could it be that you are running out of fuel?

i don't think so... because it crashes in mid air, without any warning... I would have noticed if there would be no more fuel...

• Deputy Sheriffs

But again, what does „crashes“ mean? Is the aircraft falling down like a stone, or crashes the sim......?

Be specific or we cant help you.

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean the aircraft behaves as it is crashes into something?

I am presuming he has 'crash detect' enabled and something is triggering it. Seems to me this is more likely a problem with a particular scenery than with the aircraft. Personally I have never bothered with crash detect, I don't think it really adds much even when it works. 

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean the aircraft behaves as it is crashes into something?

Yes, i'm flying the Twotter (just tried again).. everything seems ok. and then you get the crash! message in the green bar on top.  Indeed, the same thing as if you crash your plant into the ground or aganist a building. The screen frrzes and Crash! apperars in the box. And the image is the cradt still up in the air, nothing around... 

2 minutes ago, MarkHurst said:

I am presuming he has 'crash detect' enabled and something is triggering it. Seems to me this is more likely a problem with a particular scenery than with the aircraft. Personally I have never bothered with crash detect, I don't think it really adds much even when it works. 

I use Visual Flight Scotflight vol 1,, fly out of EGPH (edinburgh), and after about 10 minutes it happens every time

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, turn off crash detection in FSX. It is one of the most useless and poor simulated features in FSX.

17 hours ago, mopperle said:

OK, once again, turn off crash detection.

yesterday, I downloaded the latest Twotter update from the Aerosoft support site, bought myself ORBX Scotland, and with crash detection deliberately on (just to see what would happen), everything worked flawlessly :-D, had a beautiful flight from Edinburgh to Oban

So it is defenitely a Scotflight-for-FSX-volume 1 problem... (which is indeed an oldie)....Uninstall, delete...problem solved!

And... the ORBX scenery is MUCH more beautiful than Scotflight, hehehehe

Thanks for all the support!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived