framerate drop

DUTCH1963

49 minutes ago, DUTCH1963 said:

Please login to display this image.

with sliders on minimum then buildings dissappear but 60 fps or higher but very unrealistic sliders of world  like buildings and scenery to medium and normal fps drops to 14 fps

Correct, but doing so tells us a few things.

Now, what you'll need to do is tune your P3D settings to your computer capabilities.  Then  you should be all set.  I would try the Default settings and go up or down from there.

Best wishes my friend!

1 hour ago, DUTCH1963 said:

Would replacing my cpu amd ryzen 5 2600 for a ryzen 5 3600x solve the problem or is a higher cpu necessary like the ryzen 7 2700x or 3700?

Greetings 

DUTCH1963

P3D is still very much CPU bound, so going with additional processor power is never a bad idea.  But to answer your question, someone would have to run that processor themselves on a system that is an exact match for yours.  My best guess is that it would be a good thing to upgrade, and you SHOULD be just fine, but I would strongly recommend you also use a water cooler.

Best wishes.

Well after serious tweaking i found out that the add on scenery from nl2000 is the one causing the framerate drop.

in a default airport im well in the 40's fps inside vc in EHEH from nl2000 it drops to 10-13 fps and after in take off state around 5 fps.

So no add ons for me i guess🙁

Greetings 

DUTCH1963

not yet but kinda affraid i cant use them because of the loss of framerates when installed and in use.

and that would be a waste of my money wich i can better use when the A330 is released.

greetings 

DUTCH1963

58 minutes ago, DUTCH1963 said:

Just to be safe is london heathrow egll from sim wings aerosoft heavy on fps like fly tampa amsterdam eham?

Greetings 

DUTCH1963

I don't have any problems at either airport, but of my system is different than yours. The bigger the airport, the more impact it will have.

Too bad there are no dutch airports in the aerosoft shop except maasstricht/aachen i am searching for eindhoven or rotterdam

Those would be small enough to haven less impact on my system

Greetings

DUTCH1963

• 4 weeks later...

does any of you guys have a suggestion for a airport addon thats not expensive and not too heavy on fps to try out so i can see if the addons are the culprit of the fps drop?

greetings 

DUTCH1963

With this configuration, in case you are interested, I have no loss of Frames.

Also influences the current PC computer that does not drastically vary the frames, I think.

MB: ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU: Intel CORE i7 8700K
GPU: ASUS CERBERUS GTX1070Ti
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 KINGSTON  HYPERX 2666
SSD: Crucial MX500 2Tb
Monitor : MSI Optix AG32CQ
Liquid Cooling : ASUS RUYO 120

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, DUTCH1963 said:

does any of you guys have a suggestion for a airport addon thats not expensive and not too heavy on fps to try out so i can see if the addons are the culprit of the fps drop?

greetings 

DUTCH1963

It is very difficult to make suggestion. Beside your hardware and the settings in P3D, it also depends heavily on the complete area you are flying in and additional addons you might use. London and Amsterdam for example are areas with a lot of surroundings, especially when you have Orbx products installed. less problematic are e.g. areas, like Munich, Oslo, Rome, Madrid.

@Miquel_V

Your system specs are way higher then mine i wont even reach 3 fps with those settings see pics of settings and system specs on page 1 but anyway thanks.

@Mopperle 

Madrid would be an option could maasstricht  or the baleares be an option  too?

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, DUTCH1963 said:

greetings 

DUTCH1963

Just use any airport with low scenery settings. Far more reliable than trying different scenery. With minimal scenery settings you should see around 140 fps in the Airbug.

And as far as the rest of the configuration...... in case you're interested...

Madid Barajas Airport in a B747-400 that consumes many resources, the movement is fluid in my case, without jerking, the frames as seen in this capture matches 46 and I oscillate between 45 and 55...once in flight it goes up almost double.

well it seems Obvious that the scenery from team 2000nl is the culprit for this loss of framerate i bought rhodes airport from your shop and framerates are even with gsx2 operating oscilating from 25fps to 40fps.

i will try other airport scenerys soon.

greetings

DUTCH1963

34 minutes ago, DUTCH1963 said:

well it seems Obvious that the scenery from team 2000nl is the culprit for this loss of framerate i bought rhodes airport from your shop and framerates are even with gsx2 operating oscilating from 25fps to 40fps.

i will try other airport scenerys soon.

greetings

DUTCH1963

I had a different problem with their EHAM freeware several years ago, and I had to uninstall and reinstall the flight sim in order to correct it. Prior to this I did reach out to them via their forums for assistance, but they never replied to me and still haven't to this day.

While i commend anyone willing to take the time and effort to develop freeware scenery for the community, the problems that I had with their scenery resulted in my being unwilling to recommend it.  Frankly, I'm pretty darned experienced with flight sim software including scenery, and if I couldn't resolve the issue without having uninstall and reinstall the flight sim software.

That said, I did not suffer any performance issues with their scenery, either with FSX or P3D.

Best wishes!

Archived