Overhead wipers - LVAR Command

klisura

Does anyone know the LVAR command to activate Windshield Wipers?

I've found this:

AB_OVH_WIPERL_KNOB Overhead, Windshield Wipers Left 50 = fast, 25 = slow, 0 = off read/write
AB_OVH_WIPERR_KNOB Overhead, Windshield Wipers Right 50 = fast, 25 = slow, 0 = off read/write

but I got only the wiper knob rotation while the wipers don't move 

• Developer

Although I'm not directly involved in the Airbus projects, I checked the modeldef.xml code and I think I have a solution for you:

AB_OVH_WIPERL_KNOB and AB_OVH_WIPERR_KNOB only control the animation position of the knob. However, the wiper status is not changed by the animation position but by mouse click events. These events set L-variables named AB_wiperL and AB_wiperR which control the actual wiper. Valid values for both variables are 0, 1 and 2.

I hope that helps

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Although I'm not directly involved in the Airbus projects, I checked the modeldef.xml code and I think I have a solution for you:

AB_OVH_WIPERL_KNOB and AB_OVH_WIPERR_KNOB only control the animation position of the knob. However, the wiper status is not changed by the animation position but by mouse click events. These events set L-variables named AB_wiperL and AB_wiperR which control the actual wiper. Valid values for both variables are 0, 1 and 2.

I hope that helps

Thank you Hans, it's exactly what I mean. I had only the knob animation. I'm going to try the command you suggested and let you know, but I'm quite sure it will works. 

Archived