CH controlls

I have just bought the A320-321 Airbus and are having great difficulties in getting my CH pedals,yoke and  throttle quad to operate.I have even tried the launcher program.Just wonder if some one out there is operating CH controllers who might be able to help me solve the problem .............................Robin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Kiwi pilot, a belated welcome to the Aerosoft support forum. Please note you posted in the "General Discussion (no support)" section of the forum, so if you'll respond with which version of the Airbus you have, I'll move this for you to the appropriate specific support section. Also, please describe a bit more clearly what is or is not happening with your inputs.

The controllers you noted are typically used, so it shouldn't be hard to get them working for you. Initial troubleshooting steps include:

• Are each of them showing up in the Devices and Printers applet in Windows Control Panel?
  • Are they all calibrated through the individual item in the applet?
  • When you test the controllers in the calibration applet, do the axes move smoothly or is there spiking?
  • What dead zone do you have set?
  • Do each work correctly with the default aircraft in the sim?
  • In the sim, under the controller assignments, are the relevant axis assignments correct and is there only one controller assigned to each axis? It's very common for the sim to assign pitch and roll for example to both your yoke and rudder pedals.

Looking forward to your reply so this can be moved to the right forum section and we can get you flying.

Airbus A320/A321

Current unit price: €35.57 *  Version 1.31.Tried controls in default cessna and Airbus 320 both work fine.They have been tested and calibrated thru indivdual applet.All appear to move smoothly.Dead zones i think i have set correctly.Conttrollers assignments appear to be correct.Do not use FSupic......................Regards Robin

• Deputy Sheriffs

So that sounds like the 32bit Airbus (this link in the store). I'll move this to that support forum.

I should have also asked which sim you're using: FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv3.

What isn't quite clear from your reply is what the controllers are or are not doing. For example, pitch and roll are fine, rudders don't work, thrust levers (throttles) are fine, brakes won't release. Please clarify that part for us.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Clearer now. Thank you. With the controls working in default aircraft, they have to work with the Airbus. Please confirm if you checked all the items in my initial troubleshooting steps:

• Are each of them showing up in the Devices and Printers applet in Windows Control Panel?
  • Are they all calibrated through the individual item in the applet?
  • When you test the controllers in the calibration applet, do the axes move smoothly or is there spiking?
  • What dead zone do you have set?
  • Do each work correctly with the default aircraft in the sim?
  • In the sim, under the controller assignments, are the relevant axis assignments correct and is there only one controller assigned to each axis? It's very common for the sim to assign pitch and roll for example to both your yoke and rudder pedals.

Other considerations:

• Please reply with where your FSX and Airbus are installed (complete path). If in the default, it's likely the User Account Control (UAC) is interfering, even though you report the controllers working with a default aircraft.
  • Are you using FSUIPC?
  • Did you unzip the downloaded Airbus file before installation?
  • If you unzipped it, did you use a quality unzip app like 7-zip (link here) instead of the built in Windows one? 7-zip is free and one of the very best file unpacking apps out there.
  • Did you have the anti-virus off during installation?
  • Does your anti-virus exclude your FSX folder (it should)?
  • Did you install with Administrator rights and are you running FSX with Administrator rights?
  • Was FSX off during installation (should be obvious, but we just saw another report of a partially functioning add-on caused by installing while the sim was running)?

If the answer to all of this is a dedicated drive (first point), "No" to the second point and "Yes" to everything else, uninstall the Airbus using the Windows Control Panel applet (if you can see the Airbus there) or with the uninstaller in the Airbus root folder. Never by simply deleting files. Reboot the computer, turn antivirus off, install the Airbus with Administrator rights, reboot, turn on anti-vurus, check the controllers for proper function in the Windows Control Panel Devices and Printers applet, then try the Airbus in the sim.

My apoligies for the delay in replying was struck down with a virus.

• Are each of them showing up in the Devices and Printers applet in Windows Control Panel? [YES]
  • Are they all calibrated through the individual item in the applet? {YES]
  • When you test the controllers in the calibration applet, do the axes move smoothly or is there spiking? {sMOOTH}
  • What dead zone do you have set? hAVE ATTACHED FOR YOUR ATTENTION]
  • Do each work correctly with the default aircraft in the sim? [YES]
  • In the sim, under the controller assignments, are the relevant axis assignments correct and is there only one controller assigned to each axis? It's very common for the sim to assign pitch and roll for example to both your yoke and rudder pedals. [YES]

Other considerations:

• Please reply with where your FSX and Airbus are installed (complete path). If in the default, it's likely the User Account Control (UAC) is interfering, even though you report the controllers working with a default aircraft. [E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft. tHE UAC HAS ALWAYS BEEN SET MINAMIL ]
  • Are you using FSUIPC? [NO]
  • Did you unzip the downloaded Airbus file before installation? [YES ]
  • If you unzipped it, did you use a quality unzip app like 7-zip (link here) instead of the built in Windows one? 7-zip is free and one of the very best file unpacking apps out there. [WINZIP ]
  • Did you have the anti-virus off during installation? [YES]
  • Does your anti-virus exclude your FSX folder (it should)? [NO ]
  • Did you install with Administrator rights and are you running FSX with Administrator rights? [YES ]
  • Was FSX off during installation (should be obvious, but we just saw another report of a partially functioning add-on caused by installing while the sim was running)? [YES] ]
  • hOPE THIS HELPS .i HAVE DOWNLOADED A FRESH A320 to reinstall as per your instructions...........................Regards robin

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Robin, this does seem perplexing. Thank you for your detailed responses and the accompanying screen shots. That makes things quite clear.

I don't see anything wrong with your axis assignments (although the aileron and elevator null zones seem a bit large, they're not out of bounds). I'm not seeing any multiple axis assignments, and your brakes are both correctly reversed. So all those look good.

The only other question mark I have in your replies is that I see you don't have the FSX folder excluded from your anti-virus scan. I've never heard that could cause this kind of issue, but it's the only item I can think of that I'd like you to try applying to see if it fixes this. Along with that, I should have asked which AV you're using. Some (e.g., Norton) do odd things that result in unusual events. Probably the easiest thing to do for testing is simply disabling it, give the controls a full test, and reply back.

Something I forgot to ask earlier: are you using FSUIPC? If so, try temporarily moving the FSUIPC.ini out of your modules folder (park it somewhere safe outside your sim folder structure) and test again.

Another possibility: if you’re not using a powered hub, consider using one unless you have one and only one controller plugged into each USB port.

A long-shot question that occurred to me after my last post, though obvious, I need to confirm anyway: are the hydraulics on during your control check? Please complete the entire cold and dark pre-flight to line-up using the tutorial and reply back on whether or not the controls work.

Finally, to check my understanding of the issue, is it that none of the controllers result in the expected control movements (as seen externally and in the (lower center) ECAM display) with electrical and hydraulics on?

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

No reply from OP in over a month since my last post, so it's time to close this.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived