Three questions

brian747

As someone who makes full use of most of the facilities of SSNG to handle a complex setup with many add-ons (I would hate to have to sim without SSNG, now), may I make three requests:

1. Could I please support Ray's request for only having 'Save Profile highlighted' when a config set change has been made.

2. I use an Xbox controller for my ChasePlane views, so one of the configuration changes I always make toP3Dv4 is to uncheck the ENABLE FORCE FEEDBACK box on the P3Dv4 "Options - Other" page. At present I can't find a way of specifying that change in SSNG: would it be possible to add one?

3. When I run a profile, the run screen appears with useful diagnostic information about what is happening. However, it is almost immediately covered by the P3Dv4 splash screen — is there a way of moving it so that it isn't obscured?

With warm thanks for SimStarter NG,

Brian

Please login to display this image.

My apologies, but further to the above, I have just recalled something else that I think might be helpful to others as well as myself.

4. In the Scenery Manager, the 'add-on xml items based on an add-on xml file' are depicted with a dark green background. Given that my eyesight is, sadly, no longer as sharp as it used to be, I do find black letters on a dark green background extremely difficult to read — and there appears to be no way of changing that colour (that I could find, at least).

Would it be possible to have the option of using a lighter shade of — well, any colour, really — so that the lettering can be more easily read?

Cheers,

Brian

• Developer

The answers:

1) Yes, I will have a look on it

2) I tried to find this setting in prepar3d.cfg without success - any idea?

3) Thats funny. That was the way it worked once opon the time but a lot of simmers requested that it's not "on top" of all screens. Too bad... 😉

4) Will be fixed with v1.9 (already fixed in BETA)

Thank you for your reply, Peter, and for kindly looking at items 1 and 4.    :) 

With respect to (2), I did (as I'm sure you will have done) try running a comparison utility on a Prepar3D.cfg with force feedback enabled and one with it disabled, and could detect no differences. So I can't imagine where else that information might be stored — although it's obviously being stored somewhere. But in fact this isn't a serious problem in that I'm sure that relatively few people use Xbox controllers with P3Dv4; and also the matter is easily remedied by changing the Option within P3Dv4 in the old-fashioned way.

As for (3) — <sigh>  I am reminded of the old saying: "All these jobs would be great, if it wasn't for the customers". A selectable option, dare I suggest??     

My huge thanks for SimStarter NG.   

I simply couldn't imagine running my sim without it.

Cheers,

Brian

Archived