Outside P3Dv4 installation

cirurgiao

Hello.

I have some of your sceneries (MEGA's Madri/Barcelona/Heathrow/Frankfurt/Rome) installed in another drive than P3Dv4

If I reinstall Win10 but keep the other 2 drives (Sceneries-Addons & P3Dv4) will it work or do i need to reinstall every scenery?

From P3Dv4 got info that all I need to do is run Client and it will work (didn't do it yet) as if I didn't reinstall Win10.

Tks

• Deputy Sheriffs

This are 2 completely different things.

When you make a fresh install of Windows, you have to install EVERYTHING (applications etc.) from scratch, otherwise nothing would work properly, as Windows doesnt know anything about those applications.

So in your case you of course you have to make afresh install not only of P3D, but also of all addons and everything else!

• Aerosoft

Mmmmmmm, if you re-install the OS you will indeed loose all the applications, but if the modern (!) add-ons are stored on an other drive you would only have to copy the existing add-on.cfg to the new system to restore those add-ons.  You'll find it in \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, somehow I disagree here: while those addons might work the way you described, all their entries under „Progams snd Features“ will be gone, causing problems when uninstalling/reinstalling such an addon

• Deputy Sheriffs

There might also be add-ons that make use of the Windows registry.

A quick look through my registry revealed a lot of add-ons, including scenery. So all of this would be gone when reinstalling Windows.

The new installation method of the P3D (add-on.xml) only comes into use when reinstalling P3D. 

If you reinstall your Windows you have to reinstall everything else as well. Unless you have some sort of really clever backup software...

• Developer

... and the Offline NDP Charts will been lost, which are installed with the most Scenery Addons, because they are installed to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\.ndp-chartcloud\offline

Archived