VC mouse actions freezes simulation for seconds

Hello, I came from FSX:SE and I'm very new to P3D v4.5.

The Aerosoft A320/A321 addon was the first thing I have installed after P3D, in the beginning some parts of the virtual cockpit (VC) were missing (completely black textures), but after a re-install I could see the whole VC again. 

As soon as I tried to manipulate some VC buttons using the mouse (it doesn't happen to every switch/knob, specifically the autopilot knobs when I try to use selected mode with right click, the spoiler and flaps levers as well) the whole simulation freezes for seconds (5 to 10 seconds) and then everything continues normally until I need to use some of these buttons again. 

The weird thing though is that if I use the flaps or the spoilers using keyboard shortcuts everything works flawless and another thing I could notice is that if I use the mouse in those VC buttons and while the simulation is frozen (mouse cursor is still showing the hand symbol instead of the regular pointer) I drag the mouse to the upper P3D menu (when not in full screen) as soon as the mouse cursor arrives at the upper P3D menu the action I selected is executed by the simulator (autopilot heading knob to selected mode for instance), the mouse cursor changes back to the regular arrow cursor and the simulation continues normally. 

I have searched a lot but couldn't find anything similar in the forums. Have any of you guys had this problem?  Any particular ideas I could try?

Other possible useful information: I tried to re-install the Aerosoft airbus addon twice unsuccessfully, deleted the shaders folders (inside the folder AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) and the P3D.cfg file but it didn't solve the problem either. Besides that, everything runs smoothly (most of the time around 60 fps) and the only situation I can see problems with the simulation is using these particular mouse action in the VC of the Aeresoft Airbus. 

Thanks in advance!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems to me that there is a general problem with your PC/P3D installation. So we need some more details:

- Hardware specs

- where is P3D and the Airbus installed?

- what version of the Airbus are you using?

Thank you for your reply. 

These are the details:

- Hardware specs ( Core i5 7600k @ 4.8 ghz, 16 gb ram dual channel, SSD samsung evo 250 gb, Geforce 1060 6gb, Windows 10 update 1903)

-  P3D v4.5 and Airbus are installed in the same SSD ("C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" and  "C:\P3D Addons\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional")

Aerosoft A320/A321 professional Version: 1.2.4.0

Do you think it is worth a completely reinstall of the whole system (a complete format and reinstall of windows, P3D and Airbus)?

Yes, I have applied admin rights to the P3D shortcut. So whenever I open it, it asks for admin rights. 

I'll probably try to reconfigure the whole computer in the next few weeks, I hope this solves the issue. 

Archived