July's Screenshot Contest - SOMETHING - "STOL"

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well folks as the header states - still following the SOMETHING theme  - shows us anything STOL (short takeoff and landing) capable.  As always creativity goes a long way.  It would also be good for participants to give a little background info regarding the image being posted, i.e. departure airport, type aircraft (if not common), and maybe what the image is attempting to portray.

Milviz Turbo Otter:
Doing some early morning fishing before getting ready for work.

Please login to display this image.

Stepping into the office.

Milviz DHC-2
Blasting out of KORS - Orcas Island

Milviz PC-6:
Diving into Concrete 3W5

Parked overnight at YRC

PT6 Power!!

Aerosoft's DHC-6 Twin Otter:

Mother of STOLs - S43 Harvey Airfield

Ok, I know I got carrier away, its been a while since I have posted a few shots so wanted to see if I remembered how to ...LOL.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".  As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image if you post more than one - ONLY the first entry will be judged and the others deleted.

Good Luck to ALL participants!!!

@kroswynd Very attractive pictures!
Impressive lighting and immersive bush pilots atmosphere 🙂
Another proof of your great talent!

Last weekend I enjoyed all the competitions of the last months and year(s). It was a great pleasure to admire all your fantastic screenshots from this long period. You are a genious and great artist! Thank you very much for your engagement to create and present these wonderful flightsim appetizers!

It's a pity to have only one like button!

1 hour ago, TorstenFS said:

@kroswynd Imagens muito atraentes!
Iluminação impressionante e imersiva atmosfera de pilotos de bush <font style=🙂">
Outra prova do seu grande talento!

Na semana passada eu gostei de todas as competições dos últimos meses e ano (s). Foi um grande prazer admirar todas as suas fantásticas imagens deste longo período. Você é um artista genial e grande! Muito obrigado pelo seu noivado para criar e apresentar estes maravilhosos aperitivos para vôos!

É uma pena ter apenas um botão como!

Ok 

SeaWorld San Diego
(Sorry, this time you can't see a whale in my screenshot 😉 . . .

. . . but maybe a giant turtle in the left upper corner 😉)

Good old Beaver (FSX default), started at Torrey Pines (CA84)

RWDesigns DHC-6 Twin Otter taking off in Sumburgh (Scotland). Shot is taken in X-Plane 11. Usually, Sky Bus is operating in Cornwall, not in Scotland. :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, Aharon said:

@kroswynd ,

I wish I have your computer!!!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks My friend,
I have a simple i7 8700k with a 1080Ti (but sometimes use my i7 2700k with a 980Ti) running at stock (not a big fan of overclocking).  I do however run this baby at 3840x2160 4k, nothing else special.  I do however may drop the images in a photo editor to darken or brighten the image as some platforms may tend to over/under expose the atmosphere.

That being said I enjoy the images that you put forth as yourself and @edetroit keep the FSX and FS2004 platforms alive

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa Akoyo safely on the ground (yes, ground) early on a summer evening at Ousel Falls Airport near Big Sky, Montana. The airport

has a 900-foot runway (with trees only 40 feet from the sides of the runway). The Akoyo requires 650 feet for takeoffs and landings.

Will participate in this contest while asking to be abstained from the prize consideration as I already won one prize this year

Please cancel my previous photo, this is the one that is worth.

Arriving At the Farm....

"Nearly 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine."

I've read this interesting statement a few years ago in a newspaper. Luckily last weekend it was very hot in Germany, so I had the opportunity to travel in the cold Antarctic to verify this statement. :P

And which aircraft is the best for this cold and dark challange? For sure- the Twin Otter. :D

"Aurora australis".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/30/2019 at 3:35 PM, Elly Beinhorn said:

"Nearly 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine."

I've read this interesting statement a few years ago in a newspaper. Luckily last weekend it was very hot in Germany, so I had the opportunity to travel in the cold Antarctic to verify this statement. :P

And which aircraft is the best for this cold and dark challange? For sure- the Twin Otter. :D

"Aurora australis".

Well the the results are in!!  This month we congratulate Elly Beinhorn on winning July's screenshot contest.  This epic capture shows a true STOL workhorse plastered against an impressive Aurora background.

Email to follow shortly.

Archived