Wind update

EXRAFFY

Hi,

I have just changed from Active Sky to REX Sky Force and Environment Force for my weather etc. The MCDU no longer updates the winds aloft when requested. It did it automatically with Active Sky. Is there a need to point it to the weather engine? Can you assist me please, as the weather on the ATIS is correct, but nothing shows on the MCDU.

Thank you,

Bill

I noticed a similar issue last night, but on a turn-around.  Everything loaded normally (incorrectly for the cruise as it always does for me, but it did at least populate something) for the initial flight but on the return leg the winds would not populate even after manually updating the plan in ActiveSky, etc.

• Deputy Sheriffs
57 minutes ago, EXRAFFY said:

Hi,

I have just changed from Active Sky to REX Sky Force and Environment Force for my weather etc. The MCDU no longer updates the winds aloft when requested. It did it automatically with Active Sky. Is there a need to point it to the weather engine? Can you assist me please, as the weather on the ATIS is correct, but nothing shows on the MCDU.

Thank you,

Bill

The MCDU does read a special Active Sky file or a .wx file.

I don’t know if REX supports that wx file. That wx file is a standard established by PMDG and we use the same, so the addon developers won’t have to support different files. A wx can also be created by PFPX or Simbrief.

Archived