The engine sound issue of the A3XX Professional

Meyerflyer

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There was a post about this same thing sometime last year or maybe the year before.  It's here in the forum, maybe search for ACARS?  I'd do it for you, but I'm reinstalling Windows and everything else right now.

Thanks Dave, I hadn't realized that. Well I guess the two are not related lol.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update from myside:
Did 2 flights no with the latest updates and it looks like something has been changed with the sounds. All time shutdown sounds played <3

Same here, sounds great!

Also I found that the FuelFlow glitch (and the sound 'hole' that came with it) when starting the second engine has been fixed... always thought there might be some connection...

Regards,

Tom

On 7/5/2020 at 5:38 AM, Bernd E. said:

Small update from myside:
Did 2 flights no with the latest updates and it looks like something has been changed with the sounds. All time shutdown sounds played ❤️

4 hours ago, MajorTom said:

Same here, sounds great!

Also I found that the FuelFlow glitch (and the sound 'hole' that came with it) when starting the second engine has been fixed... always thought there might be some connection...

Regards,

Tom

Are you guys on the A330 or A318-21 series? Just trying to figure out if there was an update for the A330 that I might have missed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
46 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Are you guys on the A330 or A318-21 series? Just trying to figure out if there was an update for the A330 that I might have missed.

Simply run the ASUpdater (experimental updates turned on), to see on which version you are.

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Simply run the ASUpdater (experimental updates turned on), to see on which version you are.

Will do once I get home. I'm suspecting there has been an update that I missed. Thanks!

vor 6 Stunden , MajorTom sagte:

Same here, sounds great!

Regards,

Tom

The engine start glitch is still there on my side unfortunately, but thats not as anoying as the shutdown sound issue was :D

Hi!

I can also confirm that this bug still exists on the A320/A321 after running the update and doing a few tests :(

I also use the A330 and the bug exists there as well with the shutdown sounds disappearing.

Any ideas or help from anyone?  Has anybody done anything differently to resolve their problem?  Thank you so much :)

Such an odd issue. I ran the update, and just completed a long-haul from Frankfurt to Seattle on the A330. Personally, I'm very happy as my shutdown sounds worked for the first time! Going to do a Seattle to Honolulu flight soon but so far so good :)

Unfortunately, I see that there are some people that are still having the issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There were some changes made and it looks like they improved the situation a little but some users are still experiencing this issue. On our internal testing we have been able to also recreate it every now and then but not every time. Currently it's however unclear to us why this behavior happens.

For the people that are still experiencing this issue, could you try to be as detailed as possible. Are there some situations where the sounds are working? Are they bugged every time you try to perform an engine start or shutdown? Also could you try to set different panel states as default? Especially in the A320 the shutdown sounds were missing after them playing the first time switching from takeoff state to turnaround state and then later after the flight they were bugged. Basically try to be as detailed as possible so that we can try to recreate this issue and hunt it down properly.

• Aerosoft

I just tested this issue on a completely fresh system, new disk, new OS , new sim, net add-on and simply could not replicate the issue. I then looked at 29 videos on YouTube and found 17 that clearly had the correct sounds, one that obviously does not and the others could not be determined.

So while we absolutely not say that the issue does not exist, we simply have to conclude there is some factor out of our control. We are simply NOT able to recreate the issue. 

I can just say what I "changed" till it worked:

• fresH new installation of my OS (need that to do anyway cause I changed the SSD to an M.2)
  • I am now with Windows Build 19041.329, before I was with 18362.720
  • I have now a FULL installation fo P3D 4.5.14, before I just updated the Client
  • I installed Bus Version: 1.3.1.0 and than update it to 1.3.1.1
  • I change the Simstarter version. I used before the new installation the old version and upgraded to the new Simstarter P3D
  • The Bitdefender Internet Security Build changed too (24.0.26.137)

What I change in the P3D startup sequence:
  • I start my P3D in FULL Screen Mode without the Situation select window and switch back to Window mode after loaded successfully
  • Switch off the engine of the default plane.
  • Switch to the Airport I want to depart
  • Select the Aircraft I want to fly (in that case, the Bus is already in C&D without any Engine sound played)

The really funny stuff is, that in the A330 i never had this issue, it was just the small bus.
In the meantime I really think that somethin within the Windows Build  has caused this cause I do not change anything on my Sound or Graphic Card driver.

I am with nvidia driver 441.87 cause I found out that this one is the stablest one for me. With all newer drivers, I got (for whatever reason) DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG errors, even if I just stand in C&D Cockpit xD (Flight Sims, we will never understand what really happen)

Fantastic information, Bernd!  I am so glad to see that you've resolved this issue!

Sadly, I followed your steps and have not been met with your results.  The thing is, and while it may be a bit of an overreach, not having those shutdown sounds really pulls you out of the realism as a few users have mentioned on here.

It's simply too much of an issue for me.  I have asked Aerosoft for a refund and they kindly gave me my money back.  It's sad.  I am going to miss my Airbus days on the sim.  Onto Boeing for now.

Happy flying to everyone :)

Okay scratch that, I re-purchased, ran the ASU Updater, and voila; the shutdown sounds are back!!...

but now the APU and engine 1 and 2 fire test sounds are glitched, HA HA HA!

This isn't a huge issue, but it seems like when one issue is solved, another one presents itself.  Come on guys...

But anyway, I'm glad this horrid engine shutdown sound disappearing problem is now gone!  Now I can fly my bus without the disappointing engine disappearing sound :)

Cheers and good health to you all!!

6 hours ago, niko.czyk said:

Okay scratch that, I re-purchased, ran the ASU Updater, and voila; the shutdown sounds are back!!...

This isn't a huge issue, but it seems like when one issue is solved, another one presents itself.  Come on guys...

But anyway, I'm glad this horrid engine shutdown sound disappearing problem is now gone!  Now I can fly my bus without the disappointing engine disappearing sound :)

Cheers and good health to you all!!

Did you install the Motherboard drivers for your motherboard?

On 7/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, niko.czyk said:

I have same issue after uninstall version 1305, and install newest version. I remove all busses folders, and running ccleaner before I install newest version.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:54 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Did you install the Motherboard drivers for your motherboard?

I have not taken a look at this; I do not even know what type of motherboard I have but I'll poke around.  The APU/Engine fire sounds are by no means a hassle, though.

Thanks for your reply/assistance, I will let you know what happens.

You guys are awesome :)

Well, this is still weird: I do have the shutdown sound now on all models (as noted above), but APU startup only on the A319 CFM - on all other models no APU startup and still the FuelFlow glitch...

In addition I've had the APU startup on a turnaround flight without closing P3D in between (that is APU start again after shutdown some minutes before...). All this with latest busses, P3D 4.5 HF3 and latest windows 2004, and I do not really miss the APU sound since I'm in the cockpit when it's started (windows closed)... 😉

Best regards,

Tom

Hm, I don't really care about the APU start sound cause I think in the Cockpit you wont hear it anyway but yes, outside, there is no sound.

FuelFlow glitch solved for my by putting just a 0,5sec silence to the start sound that I do not reconigze it :D

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, any updates on the apu fire and eng 1 and 2 fire test sounds?  It happens with the overspeed as well... just a quick sound that disappears immediately when triggered.  Very reinstatement of what I've read here... 

I guess the only way I can describe it as is a "very short warning sound" like described here.  I just want this sound working again so that my pre-flight cockpit flow is somewhat normal when I press the apu fire and eng 1 and 2 fire test buttons and the alarm doesn't immediately cut out... hahaha!

Thanks for the help :)  (Using version 1.3.1.1 and I have tried the aforementioned solutions with no success).

Archived