The engine sound issue of the A3XX Professional

Meyerflyer

Does your Airbus in Cold and Dark start with engines running and then shuts them down automatically after loading? Or is the Airbus immediately cold and dark after the flight has loaded?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Were those the specs for the new computer?  If not, can you please provide them?  Did you do a reset after installing the Airbus?  Which version of P3D are you running, and if 4.5 are you running with the HotFix (new P3Dv4.5 Client with Hotfix)?

Yes. The specs are from the new computer and yes, after installed airbus i restart computer. I'm using P3Dv4.5 with the Hotfix.

1 hour ago, Meyerflyer said:

Does your Airbus in Cold and Dark start with engines running and then shuts them down automatically after loading? Or is the Airbus immediately cold and dark after the flight has loaded? 

I started with the engines running (as I just installed), I allowed the systems to stabilze, then changed to C&D.  But it really shoudn't matter as the State file resets everything.

What is that flashing?  That looks to be bottlenecking to me, which effects performance.  And since ESP (the engine for FSX and P3D) has the sound tied to performance, maybe that's it?

Basically, your processor may be running too fast for the graphics card, or vice versa. 

What I'd like you to do is take all your P3D settings back to default, get rid of any third party shaders you're using, remove any overclock settings (CPU and GPU) and test again.

I'm off for the evening gents, but I'll be online working most of the day on Monday (GMT-6).

Best wishes!

vor 2 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

I started with the engines running (as I just installed), I allowed the systems to stabilze, then changed to C&D.  But it really shoudn't matter as the State file resets everything.

Could you please do it again after loading a flight with cold and dark set as default state?

I really doubt the issue is coming from our systems. I have a powerful system, see specs below, run the latest drivers, have no special tweaks or shaders.

Everything works just fine except for the missing sound. So I doubt it is a system or sound issue on my computer.

i5 9600k @4.8 Ghz

GTX 1080ti

16GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz

500Gb SSD

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What is that flashing?  That looks to be bottlenecking to me, which effects performance.  And since ESP (the engine for FSX and P3D) has the sound tied to performance, maybe that's it?

Basically, your processor may be running too fast for the graphics card, or vice versa. 

What I'd like you to do is take all your P3D settings back to default, get rid of any third party shaders you're using, remove any overclock settings (CPU and GPU) and test again.

I'm off for the evening gents, but I'll be online working most of the day on Monday (GMT-6).

Best wishes!

The flashing is caused by the recording program and has nothing to do with performance. My P3D setting is default, i have no adddon installed except Aerosoft Airbus Professional. I don't have any overclock setting (CPU and GPU). Below is a video without flashing and sound.

Please login to view this video.

I did another flight this afternoon with no sound issues.  I started the flight in C&D.

We've covered most everything that I can think of or know about except the following:

1. If you're using EZDoc, please disable in your add-ons.dll file and re-test.

2. If you're using a saved flight to start up with, this could easily cause the issue you're experiencing as older saved flight files are not compatible with the latest revision of the Airbus. 

3. If you were using P3Dv4.3 or 4.4, and only updated the P3D Client, please update the other installation files.  Though I'm not certain, this is looking more and more important to do for P34Dv4.5 from my perspective.

4. After you've addressed items 1 through 3 above (and tested if necessary) and the sounds still aren't correct, then you can move to this step.  Please, PLEASE don't do Step 4 without addressing items 1 through 3 (this is IMPORTANT).  Aircraft Startup files (the asc files) are the ones that deal with sound.  I'm providing you guys with the most up to date sound related files we have for you guys to test.  Unzip the downloaded file and you'll find a text instruction file and the replacement folders.  Be sure to DELETE the existing folders rather than copying them over with new files.  Give them a test and hopefully all will be resolved for you guys.

You can download the sound files from my Dropbox at:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/do5ao31xpldc75j/Airbus Sound Test Files.zip?dl=0.  I will have to remove this file as soon as you two have downloaded it, so please let me know when you've got it.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave.

1. I don't use EZDOK camera.
2. I don't use saved flights.
3. I install full p3Dv4.5 (client,content, scenery)

I downloaded the sounds and did the test but unfortunately it didn't help me.

Thanks, got the files too. What exactly is different with these?

I will have to update my P3D scenery and content part, as they indeed run on version 4.3 except for the P3D client, that runs the latest P3D 4.5 hotfix release.

So far, I can already say, that I neither use Ezdok, nor do I start P3D with pre-saved flights.

By the way. This topic has a big number of views even though it's only open for five days. I guess there are a lot more people who experience this issue and just follow this thread instead of writing here.

Please login to display this image.

Just notice today after landing Kopenhagen, and shut down engines (A321 CFM) there is no shutdown sounds at all...

After looking (listening) Dave's video I notice there is never was those sounds (32bit busses it was).

P3Dv4.3 and v4.4 client

Aibus version 1.2.3.0

No saved situations at startup

The file, A and B is present into folder. Would volume level do this? I have engines volume below 50% into P3D settings.

Please login to display this image.

There is indeed shut down sound, but only when start flight READY FOR TAKEOFF state. After cutting fuel switch, there is one second "blank" sound before shut down sound.

• 1 month later...

Dear support team,

I guess you're quite familiar with my issue. As many others before me mentioned in this forum, there are severe problems regarding the engine sounds of the A3XX Professional. The most significant one is the missing shut down sound. After shutting down the engines there's a squeaking and right after that the engines turn instantly quiet. However, I noticed an error when starting the engines as well. The starter is audible, but thereafter the engines' starting sound per se is missing. Only a stuttering sound at roughly 6 % is perceptible. The engine sound returns at about 20% (IAE). I already searched the forum regarding this, but the only answer was that you will try to fix it. Yet this was almost a year ago and we still haven't received an update. Please care about the issues of your customers properly, especially if they occur that often!

Regards,

Moritz Steurer

2 hours ago, Mo1702 said:

Dear support team,

I guess you're quite familiar with my issue. As many others before me mentioned in this forum, there are severe problems regarding the engine sounds of the A3XX Professional. The most significant one is the missing shut down sound. After shutting down the engines there's a squeaking and right after that the engines turn instantly quiet. However, I noticed an error when starting the engines as well. The starter is audible, but thereafter the engines' starting sound per se is missing. Only a stuttering sound at roughly 6 % is perceptible. The engine sound returns at about 20% (IAE). I already searched the forum regarding this, but the only answer was that you will try to fix it. Yet this was almost a year ago and we still haven't received an update. Please care about the issues of your customers properly, especially if they occur that often!

Regards,

Moritz Steurer

Moritz,

Thanks for the report, though I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue.

I'm not sure what thread you're referencing that is over a year old.  The thread covering this issue that I've linked to below is current and research for this ongoing.

Since it is very helpful for us to have reports of the same issue in the thread, and creating a new thread for an existing issue risks the post being missed, I'm going to move your post to the existing topic for this issue, which is located at: 

Rest assured that we're looking into this and will update the thread when we know something.  By the way, I am still unable to duplicate this issue on my system.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm referring to the thread Mathijs answered to:

This one is nearly a year old and he said in December that he had "an idea why this (the engine sound) is not triggered". I mean, I'm not a software programmer, but I think it should be possible to put an idea into action within half a year. Even if the idea was a dead end, there was plenty of time to show your problem solving skills in order to find another solution. Not to sound harsh, but still the problem was reported the first time on August 20, 2018.

Best wishes,

Moritz

• 5 months later...

Hello, I can confirm this problem with version 1.2.5.2 but I have managed to trace down the cause on my side:

If you load the plane with any preset panel state (except c&d) and turn off the engines, the sounds will play. But if you load at cold & dark and start the engines, the engines when they start, the ignition process kind of hangs when N1 reaches 6.5 % and then the startup sound might be skipped. And this ignition thing directly affects the shutdown sounds: If you start the engines by yourself with the correct procedure and using the IGN in mode selector, then you get this ignition problem and the shutdown sounds will never play.

(For a workaround so you can hear the engines' shutdown sound even when operating the engines by yourself, then you can press CTRL + E (the default startup command) and set on the respective ENG master start switch. Note that you may not use the mode selector in IGN START mode otherwise that creates the sound problem.)

So to put the cause in short, from my discoverings it's the engine mode selector that has something to do with this problem. Hopefully it can be looked and possibly fixed.

Cheers,

Jan

1 hour ago, JanAir15 said:

Hello, I can confirm this problem with version 1.2.5.2 but I have managed to trace down the cause on my side:

If you load the plane with any preset panel state (except c&d) and turn off the engines, the sounds will play. But if you load at cold & dark and start the engines, the engines when they start, the ignition process kind of hangs when N1 reaches 6.5 % and then the startup sound might be skipped. And this ignition thing directly affects the shutdown sounds: If you start the engines by yourself with the correct procedure and using the IGN in mode selector, then you get this ignition problem and the shutdown sounds will never play.

(For a workaround so you can hear the engines' shutdown sound even when operating the engines by yourself, then you can press CTRL + E (the default startup command) and set on the respective ENG master start switch. Note that you may not use the mode selector in IGN START mode otherwise that creates the sound problem.)

So to put the cause in short, from my discoverings it's the engine mode selector that has something to do with this problem. Hopefully it can be looked and possibly fixed.

Cheers,

Jan

I'm going to try this with the A330 as I have ZERO shutdown sounds after my flights. A little troubling that this issue goes back so far and is still unresolved...

16 hours ago, JanAir15 said:

Cheers,

Jan

Jan,

Thank you for this little work around. It is not ideal to have to start the engines this way, but this worked for me on the A330. And as you stated, hopefully this clues Aerosoft into what could be causing this issue. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 9:34 AM, suniram said:

I also have problems with the sound when starting engines, especially and cosistently with engine 1 ,  at ignition sometimes the sound stutters for a moment and sometimes the spooling sound just gets cut and I cant here it anymore at all

BTW,  another annoying thing which also had been reported right after release but does persist are the clipping noises in the cfm sounds...

Yes, for quite a realistic soundpack on the CFM, the clipping noise is absolutely without a doubt completely unacceptable for the money being paid to use this addon.  If you'd like, I have personally edited the idle sounds to erase the clipping sound if you'd like me to send it to you.  Reach out to me via PM.  Thx.

-Kolja

I hope they fix these sound issues for their FS2020 versions of their aircraft. I've given up hope it gets fixed for P3D...............................

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We can't fix what we (or any of our testers) simply can't hear. I am sorry that disappoints you.

Mathijs, with all due respect, I do find it somewhat hard to believe that none of your staff nor any of the testers have experienced this years-old issue. Obviously many others, including myself, have.  I've also it seen it in streams and YouTube videos.

Archived