Problems Checklist, Speed, Heading and Altitude Functions

fernandito1969

Hi fellows

I got two issues that I am looking guidance to resolve in my SIM (Prepard 3Dv4.2)

#1.I am having such struggle to figure out if there it's a way to manually prompt the checklist on the MCDU to the next scenario?, In my case it gets stuck at (decent time) and will not move beyond the to satisfactory complete a mission correctly. I have search through the manuals for a remedy and not luck thus far, therefore it gets to the point that I have to deploy Flaps and landing gear manually to land correctly.

#2. Altitude, Heading and Speed selection bottoms do not function while trying to make manually adjustment. I am able to only Push them for action and only able to make adjustment by voice command to the FS2Crew Co-Pilot. The problem with it it's that  FS2Crew will fail to recognized the voice command correctly majority of the times and will not execute all the time required at command. So I ask if there any remedy to be able to have those knobs manually to select Altitude, and Heading mainly as I see it on tutorial youtube videos????

Could you please advise or assist to resolve this issue? 

FLR 

• Deputy Sheriffs

#1: No, there is a good reason for checklists and you need to work trough all of them and complete them, otherwise the aircraft will not work as intended.

But before we proceed, you need to update your P3D. Minimum systemrequirement is 4.4

Thank you for your reply. First I do have Prepar3Dv4.4. I have noticed a few times in past missions (very few) that the checklist have continue through all phases until runway taxi out to parking but seems to get stuck at descent most of the times. Now just yesterday I actually did a mission to observed this and once started the descent phase I've prompted the (Approach Phase Option) on the MCDU once passed transition point and it actually ran through the remaining of phases with some difficulty because of its the inability to turn the altitude and heading knob without relaying on FS2 Crew to do so. So I need to ask again if there a remedy to be enable the those knobs be turned manually?

V/R

FRL 

• Deputy Sheriffs
43 minutes ago, fernandito1969 said:

First I do have Prepar3Dv4.4

I am a little bit confused as on your first message you mentioned that you have P3D v4.2 installed.

Anyways, the way to manually operate the knobs on FCU is to pull them towards you to engage in selected mode. If you push them that will give the aircraft's computers control and is called "managed". So please try to pull them (right click on your mouse) and that way you should see some numbers above the knob that you will be able to control.

I really recommend taking a look into the excellent documentation that has been provided with the product. For example Vol8-Weird and Wonderul logic page 5 has information about the FCU buttons. Other documents like Vol2 and Vol6 probably has some answers for you when it comes to completing a flight and using the checklists. And I am sure you will also probably learn a thing or two along the way as well you never knew about. :)

Understood Sir, and yes I made a mistake about the Prepar Version on the first post, sorry!..I will try soon your suggestion. Thank you for the guidance and will send feedback. I appreciate it!

Best

FRL

Hello Sir;

I did try what you advise with the bottoms (right Click) only function its engage and disengage (dot appears/disappears) unable to turn numbers up nor down. Same occurs with the heading one. Both dials selections only are accomplished through FS2 Crew Voice Command to the FO. Suggestions?

FRL

• Deputy Sheriffs

You turn the knobs using your mousewheel. If this doesnt work, something is wrong with your overall setup. Maybe with your mouse how it works or the settings in the mouse driver.

Success!!.….Wao!..Feel a bit foolish that I could not figure that one out. I'am also having an another issue which I am about to look into with the manuals during decent phase. I hope its simple to solve as this one. Probably will be submitting it on another post soon if I run into a dead end again. Mopperle thank you so much for your assistance. Its appreciated.

Best

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived