IRS Alignment Issue - Again

Tomfal

Hello,
I'm back with the annoying IRS Align issue since the last update.

Yesterday I installed the Airbus several times including all updates. I either use the internal checklist with or without copilot function. Because without a checklist, the alignment comes not to live. And it's a gamble. Sometimes the MD and PFD screens wake up after alignment. Sometimes not.

I do not know how to continue. Do I have to wait for the alignment to finish after pressing the IRS Align button?
I just did not wait for the IRS Align button and entered all relevant flight data. Result was no normal displays. Can that be a problem?
I also ask you, must I load fuel and loading first? Yesterday I did not load before of the alignment and it worked.
Do I have to activate the Acft State Cold & Dark after loading the flight?
I'm starting to go crazy. Before the last update I did not have any problems with the alignment.
Do you have a new exact step-by-step list to wake up the displays?
In the description of the experimental updates is:
Improvement: Added more align IRS time steps
What do I have to consider? What I make wrong? I am sure it is my fault, but I don´t know, "wo ist der Hund begraben" 🙂

I would like to answer the following questions in advance.
Yes, I have read the step-by-step tutorial.
Yes, I have turned on the displays.
Simulator P3D V4.5

Hopefully we can find a solution. It would be a great pity if I have to delete the otherwise great Airbus from my airplane selection list. Because that's no fun anymore.

The picture shows the situation after 7 minute of alignment.

Regards from Austria

Thomas

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

If you follow the semi intelligent checklists and it works intermittently I doubt it is something you do wrong. Is there anybody here who can confirm this issue? We do not see this issue on our systems. If we find other users who have it we might get a better insight in what could cause this.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just made a test on this with as well. No issues. Loaded cold & dark panel state, turned on the external power and batteries, then turned on all displays and last turned on all IRS units on the overhead and waited for 7 minutes and everything worked perfectly. Did not even touch the MCDU as the alignment should be an automated process now.

Would be interesting indeed to see if anyone else is able to confirm this issue. And if so, full video with all the steps you take to start the aircraft up until the alignment timer goes out would be nice to see as well.

Hello,

I had a very interesting afternoon. I did 6 tests with the same procedure, but with different Airbus types.
Of course with the semi intelligent checklist without copilot.

At the very first A320 with the Austrian Livery from AVSIM I had the known IRS problem.

Then I loaded the A321 also with Austrian Livery (I'm Austrian!). Same procedure - no problem - the displays awoke after the alignment.

The next tests were done with the other models A321 IAE and A320 IAE. No problems with the alignment.

The last attempt was the Airbus A320 CFM with the Aerosoft Airbus Livery. Also no problem.
The displays awoke in all tests except for the A320 Austrian Livery.

I will reinstall and test this again. Maybe there was a mistake during the installation.
That will also be the reason that no one else has problems here.

I give you an info about this next steps.

Greeting

Thomas

So, here I am with the last info.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the current Austrian Livery.
The Livery Manager had administrator rights.
I did the test as in the other experiments and
Jippiee - it worked.
Unbelievable what little mistakes can have for impact.
I hope that's it.

@Secundator: I also tried it twice with exactly your steps. But I did not get any normal displays here.

I'm going crazy.

After repeated testing, the IRS aligning does not work on any single Airbus A320 / 321. I took the same steps as in the afternoon. And now that.

Hi

I was the original poster of this problem.. a PC re start seemed to fix this but i have had it again ...after 7 mins the displays would stay black with the red lines on them .. i was using the full check list feature along with the turn around state... i have managed to get it to work  every time now ,.. what i do is once the turn around state has loaded i turn the IRS knobs to off then start the check lists then run though them as normal , the IRS knobs will be turned to NAV automatically then using the IRS INT from the FMC i set the Aircraft position . Works everytime every Airbus ... i have since started using the cold and dark start for every flight and doing so no issues.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So to confirm it does not work when you are loading in turnaround state and before starting the checklist you manually turn off the IRS knobs. Did I understand this correct? If you use Cold and Dark panel state or turnaround panel state and don't modify anything before starting the checklist everything works normally?

Hi, I tried it again. Loading the A320 CFM with Austrian Livery. Pushed the Cold&Dark State. Rund the semi intelligente Checklist.

And after 6 Minute of aligning -> nothing.

Here is a Video of the last seconds

Please login to view this video.

Now I run the hole procedure with semi intelligent checklist and with copilot. Austrian Livery A320.

And after 6 minute of aligning -> it workes - normal displays.

All switches are in the same position as in the test before. I didn´t find a difference to the checklist procedure with or without copilot.

When I load the Turn Around State, I haven´t problems with the display. ND and PFD are in normal view.

56 minutes ago, Secondator said:

So to confirm it does not work when you are loading in turnaround state and before starting the checklist you manually turn off the IRS knobs. Did I understand this correct? If you use Cold and Dark panel state or turnaround panel state and don't modify anything before starting the checklist everything works normally?

For me at least ..if i run cold and dark start up and the check list it aligns fine ... i had issues with the turn around state using the check list and moving the IRS to off and then align manually ..if i turn the IRS to off manually then let the check list function take care of turning the IRS to Align then it works fine .. very odd so now i just use cold and dark now for every flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, can you try this file?
AB_IRS.xml

Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

AB_IRS.xml

Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

Thanks i will give it a try when i next do a flight later this evening

In fact scrub that i just tried it ...what i did first thou was i uninstalled the airbus .. rebooted .. installed the Airbus ...rebooted ..update installed .. rebooted so i had a fresh clean Airbus (cant hurt can it lol) i then replaced the XML file , loaded up the Airbus at EGKK and did the same procedure (turn around state, manually turn the IRS knobs to off then align)  that would cause the IRS problem ... worked fine ...tried again .. worked fine ...i then installed the Austrian Livery A320 that TOMFAL recommended and that also worked with out any problems and again i tried it twice .... I will let you know if it happens again but so far with the new XML file and a fresh Airbus install it seems to be ok after four start ups.

Thanks

Rich

vor 3 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

AB_IRS.xml

Hi masterhawk,

I do not know what you did. Have done 2 Cold & Dark situations with the A320 Austrian Livery. And I received normal displays after the alignment.
I hope that's it. I'll keep you up to date. Anyway, it looks good.
Can you explain the changes?

Thomas

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Tomfal said:

Hi masterhawk,

I do not know what you did. Have done 2 Cold & Dark situations with the A320 Austrian Livery. And I received normal displays after the alignment.
I hope that's it. I'll keep you up to date. Anyway, it looks good.
Can you explain the changes?

Thomas

In the old IRS INIT page a manual trigger was included. In the new one, that isn't pressent. We handeled that internal in the fmgs.dll.
Now I removed it fully in the xml.
I will forward the file to our devs. So it will be included in a future update.

6 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

In the old IRS INIT page a manual trigger was included. In the new one, that isn't pressent. We handeled that internal in the fmgs.dll.

Thanks for that Masterhawk , its still working fine now...... oh one last thing will that file also work in the 319? just incase.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, keenrw said:

Thanks for that Masterhawk , its still working fine now...... oh one last thing will that file also work in the 319? just incase.

Yes, the file will work for 318/319/320/321

Hello,
I can confirm that I have the same problem with the IRS alignment. Came out of the blue, without which I would have changed something. I can only think of GSX Level 2
Then turn off OVP IRS and then slowly turn it on, then it works or I'll try it again and wait for the time. Or I reenter the flight plan. IRS is available on the new flightplan, but the upper two two lines for the Airkraft are missing only the 3 lines with the alignment of IRS 1,2,3 in there.
It's funny, thought it was the relatively unknown airport for example OIBK.
I'm flying the last version 1.2.4.2 since release without this bug. Only since the last flights did this happen, but I do not think that can be the reason.
Kind regards
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo,
Ich kann bestätigen das ich das gleiche Problem mit der IRS Ausrichtung habe. Kam aus heiteren Himmel, ohne das ich etwas verändert häbe. Mir fällt nur GSX Level 2 ein.
Schalte dann OVP IRS aus und dann langsam wieder ein, dann geht es oder ich probiere es nochmal und warte die Zeit ab. Oder ich gebe den Flightplan neu ein. Beim neuen Flightplan steht zwar IRS zur Verfügung, aber die oberen zwei zwei Zeilen für die Airkraft fehlen nur die 3 Zeilen mit der Ausrichtung von IRS 1,2,3 sind drin. 
Ist schon komisch, dachte es liegt am relativ unbekannten Airports z.B OIBK.
Ich fliege die letzte Version 1.2.4.2 schon seit Veröffentlichung ohne diesen Fehler. Nur seit den letzten Flügen trat dies auf, kann meines erachtens daran nicht liegen.
MfG
CFG874 Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, CFG874 said:

Hello,
I can confirm that I have the same problem with the IRS alignment. Came out of the blue, without which I would have changed something. I can only think of GSX Level 2
Then turn off OVP IRS and then slowly turn it on, then it works or I'll try it again and wait for the time. Or I reenter the flight plan. IRS is available on the new flightplan, but the upper two two lines for the Airkraft are missing only the 3 lines with the alignment of IRS 1,2,3 in there.
It's funny, thought it was the relatively unknown airport for example OIBK.
I'm flying the last version 1.2.4.2 since release without this bug. Only since the last flights did this happen, but I do not think that can be the reason.
Kind regards
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo,
Ich kann bestätigen das ich das gleiche Problem mit der IRS Ausrichtung habe. Kam aus heiteren Himmel, ohne das ich etwas verändert häbe. Mir fällt nur GSX Level 2 ein.
Schalte dann OVP IRS aus und dann langsam wieder ein, dann geht es oder ich probiere es nochmal und warte die Zeit ab. Oder ich gebe den Flightplan neu ein. Beim neuen Flightplan steht zwar IRS zur Verfügung, aber die oberen zwei zwei Zeilen für die Airkraft fehlen nur die 3 Zeilen mit der Ausrichtung von IRS 1,2,3 sind drin. 
Ist schon komisch, dachte es liegt am relativ unbekannten Airports z.B OIBK.
Ich fliege die letzte Version 1.2.4.2 schon seit Veröffentlichung ohne diesen Fehler. Nur seit den letzten Flügen trat dies auf, kann meines erachtens daran nicht liegen.
MfG
CFG874 Bernd

Have you tested the attached file?

The same thing is happening to me, I was going to make a flight from Morocco to Gran Canarias to test the stage, with an A320 CFM, starting everything from Off and Cold, I have a VIDEO to the PUSBACK which DID NOT LINE UP THE IRST..... If you want to publish it (An image is better than a thousand WORDS)

On 7/6/2019 at 9:12 PM, masterhawk said:

Then as WE VOLAMOS without the IRST, no screens or anything.....

Archived