ECAM display issue

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as this other user with the Engine indicators on the ECAM. See here.

I'm on version 1.2.4.0 and on P3D V 4.5.12.30293.

Things I have done so far.

- Uninstall/reinstall twice with antivirus disable.

- Cleared shaders.

- Exclude P3D as well as Aerosoft folders from antivirus.

The problem persist. I'll appreciate any help you can provide.

Please login to display this image.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having difficulties!  Here are a few things that you can check:

1. After you finished with the installation, did you reboot?  This is required, and will solve many of the "what the heck, where did that come from" type anomalies.
  2. Please check to see if OneDrive is active on your computer. If it's active, you should uninstall the Airbus, manually remove the "Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional" and "Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional" folders from Documents/Aerosoft folder (if they are still there, the probably won't be but you'll need to check).
  3. Please open the ASUpdater, enable "Experimental Updates", and then download the latest experimental update. This itself may resolve your issue.
  4. When you disable some payware computer security products, Windows Defender becomes active.  If you're using a third party computer security product, can you plese disable it, then open Windows Defender, and check to see if any Airbus files have been Quarantined?  If so, you should be able to restore them.  Of running a third party computer security product it's best to fully disable Windows Defender instead of allowing the third party computer security product do it temporarily for you.
  5. I didn't see it listed in your original post, so I wanted to ensure you were right clicking on the Airbus Pro installer and selecting "Run As Administrator". All the other things you're doing is terrific!
  6. If the above items don't resolve this for you, please try downloading and reinstalling the Airbus Fonts. For the files and procedure, please see my post below:  Please, don't do this unless the above items do not resolve the issue for you. If this works it's either because of not running the installer As Admin, you can a permissions issue with your Windows Account (on your computer), or you have some folder permission issues.

Please let us know how you make out and if resolved which of the above worked for you?

Many thanks!  Looking forward to hearing back from you!

If you using Nvidia Inspector?

Use "force ecam software rendering" and those "rings" over meters coming back to normal...

Please login to display this image.

Thank you DaveCT2003. I had forget to mention that I did installed by right clicking and selecting " Run as Administrator".

I have completely forgotten about the experimental updates, which I did.

What fixed it was @MikaV suggestion. I am using Nvidia Inspector and by enabling "Force ECAM Software Rendering" it took care of the problem.

I wonder why this happens with Nvidia Inspector.

Thank you guys. Consider this matter resolved.

2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

Thank you DaveCT2003. I had forget to mention that I did installed by right clicking and selecting " Run as Administrator".

I have completely forgotten about the experimental updates, which I did.

What fixed it was @MikaV suggestion. I am using Nvidia Inspector and by enabling "Force ECAM Software Rendering" it took care of the problem.

I wonder why this happens with Nvidia Inspector.

Thank you guys. Consider this matter resolved.

Very happy to hear you're up and running, and that @MikaV's suggestion worked for you!  Great job to you both!

So that you're aware, we don't recommend using NVIDIA Inspector with P3D or the Airbus, and on all of our test computers or my flight sim computer at home we've never seen a need for NVIDIA Inspector or any other tweaks with P3Dv4 unless there is a extraordinary reason to do so.  I used to use NVIDIA Inspector back in the FSX days and days of different graphics cards, and I experimented with many different settings and studied up on what they did, but it just really doesn't make sense for me to continue with it under a NVIDIA 900 Series and later cards under P3Dv4.

It does make sense that an NVIDIA Inspector setting would cause  what you experienced, after all that is precisely what some of the settings do/change (graphics rendering example: determines how a line is drawn).  If you'd like, you can export the NVIDIA settings you're using and upload them here to this thread and when I get some time I'd be happy to look at them.

Again, excellent work!  My best wishes for Happy Flights!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived