AUTOBRAKE disarm 3

ahuimanu

I am writing to both thank and follow up with Joan Alonso.

Joan, in the original thread

you discuss updating the ABRK.xml file with these lines:

Replace the 7th line of the file:

(L:ABrkactiv, number) 0 ==

by this two lines:

(A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) 1 == 
    (A:BRAKE INDICATOR,position) 0.6 >

I understand the first variable and expression, but want to discuss the 2nd.  I have better behavior with your solution but it is not yet perfect because I think the sophistication of the original approach, in terms of whether one's hardware is perfectly calibrated, is a confounding issue.

Specifically, does this line

(A:BRAKE INDICATOR,position) 0.6 >

test to see if the brake indicator's position is above 60% deflection?  Would that mean that I've applied more than 60% of the travel available in the controller axis I'm using for toe brakes?

With your adjustments, I see that the decel light stays open longer but I still have the autobrake disconnect.  Although I have adjusted deadzones with these pedals (MFG crosswind) to ensure good autobraking with PMDG aircraft, I still seem to cause the Aerosoft airbus to disconnect.  

Is the 0.6 value from 0 to 1?  

Aerosoft, as an aside, it seems to only add to difficulty to close these threads prematurely when it is possible that any of these issues can arise again.  Making "subject heading version x" headings seems inefficient.

Back to partially answer my own question, 

A:BRAKE INDICATOR is a built-in simulation variable: http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/references/variables/simulation_variables.html#Aircraft Controls Variables

No matter what deadzone I put in for these MFG pedals, they do not return to zero on the toe brake axes and I think this is making the logic in this gauge disconnect the AB.

Aerosoft, help?

Joan, 

Replacing line 7: (L:ABrkactiv, number) 0 ==

is an operand in the compound condition from this original portion of the file:

(L:ABrkactiv, number) 0 ==

((L:ABrkactivlst, number) 2 != &&

Did you mean to replace those operands with your statements?

(A:BRAKE INDICATOR,position) 0.6 > &&

I am so eager to have autobrakes again and I wonder if by replacing the original you are breaking something else?

Would you be willing to attach the whole file or at least screen shot this part?

Hi @ahuimanu

The code works ok with a gamepad which is the device I use. I can't comment on using other hardware.

I did many many tests time ago with different code and nothing worked but this.

Yes, this two variables are built-in simulation variable.

(A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) 1 ==    (When the aircraft is on ground) Can be 0 or 1
(A:BRAKE INDICATOR,position) 0.6 >     (When the brake pedal position is greater than 60%.) Can be from 0 to 1

I don't know, you can try to adding this lines DETECT EXTERNAL BRAKING part of the code. It makes sense to start changing things there first, but as far as I remember nothing seemed to work there.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

Thank you Joan,

This line:

Wouldn't be working on its own because it is not conditional to the if statement without the && operator (& & because it is an XML file)

Archived