Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Twin Otter professional, request for information

The VC will be fully overhauled, for the external we still have to decide as a lot of people asked to keep the current liveries compatible.

This will probably be the only chance we will have for a long time to have the Twin otter updated to modern standards. So in my opinion, the external should also be fully overhauled, including all PBR and latest enhancements that P3Dv4.5 can offer. As long as a paintkit will be provided, liveries will come from the community anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, snapshot21 said:

This will probably be the only chance we will have for a long time to have the Twin otter updated to modern standards. So in my opinion, the external should also be fully overhauled, including all PBR and latest enhancements that P3Dv4.5 can offer. As long as a paintkit will be provided, liveries will come from the community anyway.

Yes but that will add 3 to 4 months and another $20.

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I don't mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree PBR is de rigueur right now.

True light and Real glass too.

After all, this may be the last time you do an Otter. "If you're  gonna do it... do it right !" (Donald Duck - 1973)

Just my 2 cents...!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The VC will be fully overhauled, for the external we still have to decide as a lot of people asked to keep the current liveries compatible.

With respect, I'm sure old textures can still be used with PBR enabled models.

I have a few addons where I use both PBR and non-pbr textures made many moons ago... Carenados, PMDG to name a few.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, jencas said:

Glasgow - Barra

Someone's making this now for P3D. And I'm sure Everest will be made P3D compatible soon ?

On 7/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Would it be an idea to ask people what they prefer and are willing to pay for a new upgraded Twotter?

Like "Option 1: XX euro for new VC with GSP and sound only, or option 2: YY euro for improved external model as well".

To make a poll?

I am doing that research.  Doing a poll for that does not really help me at this moment.

My opinion only of course, but there's no reason to do this as a discounted update of an old model.  It deserves to be done with up to date standards and charged for accordingly and I'd be shocked if 90% of those that bought it years ago, didn't go and buy the new version.  Research done 😉 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

and I'd be shocked

I agree with you, but you will be shocked for sure. ;)

9 hours ago, Paul Golding said:

My opinion only of course, but there's no reason to do this as a discounted update of an old model.  It deserves to be done with up to date standards and charged for accordingly and I'd be shocked if 90% of those that bought it years ago, didn't go and buy the new version.  Research done 😉 

Depends entirely on the price vs. depth and how much, if any, of the old product is used.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:36 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We waited for a long time now for an updated twin otter anyway, so an additional 3-4 months is okay I think. Also in my opinion, an additional $20 is nothing if the quality is there to match the additional price. I say develop the Twin otter to the most modern standard it deserves. You own this market anyway, AFAIK nobody is developing a Twin otter at this realistic level at the moment.

We already have the Twin Otter Extended working in P3Dv4, so just like the A3xx Professional, it would be nice to have a fully updated (inside and out) version to take advantage of all that P3D has to offer. I would also be willing to wait for that (and pay a reasonable upgrade fee). To parrot @Gabe777, do it right!

Randy

• Thanks 1

Any chance for the vistaliner variant to be added?

On 7/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, mopperle said:

I agree with you, but you will be shocked for sure. ;)

Consider also that those types of people will be the loudest (but not necessarily the most numerous), *but* there are many of us who remain quiet (an uncounted), who would gladly pay full freight for a version that had all the modern goodies...rain on the windshield, PBR, etc. etc.  :)

• Thanks 1

Hi this is fantastic news.

The twin is my favorite plane, it will be nice if you could make the NW steer arm to work on a separate axis like a tiller and it should taxi like it does in real life.

I agree with some people, take more time and make it a new release (full pay) but include the modern goodies that P3D 4.5 offers.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 5:22 PM, Paul Golding said:

What he said !

Do it properly. 50 euro is nothing nowadays. I spend 10 euro a month just for Navigraph !

.....Especially if we have a range of models.... float, skis etc.