Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Twin Otter professional, request for information

On 7/4/2019 at 4:27 AM, SeaJunk said:
  • Hide the yoke

+1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:54 PM, Chuckers said:

Please ensure that there is support for the Flight1 GTN 750 and 650 in the Twin Otter Professional.

Please do not forget Reality XP GTN. Thanks.

Otherwise, I believe that is wise and reasonable to expect at least a year for this update to be released?

15 hours ago, Finn said:

Also the Milviz PC-6 is a single engined aircraft. Their Turboprop model is great, but the reason why they have released the PC-6 before their Beechcraft Kingair, might indicate that it´s not suitable yet for twin engined flight behaviour - just something that springs to my mind.

I think the delay on the King Air is down to the Proline 21 avionics

There seems to be a lot you can do these days with turboprop physics right in the sim.  I don't know that MilViz did any technical voodoo outside of the sim.  LM have already put in some more flexibility with fuel flow gain in the aircraft cfg that lets you essentially add a curve to it.  If you tweak it right you get better throttle response throughout the range and no surge on start up. I've been toying with it on the existing Twotter.  My settings aren't perfect yet but they are as follows if anyone wants to try it out:

[TURBINEENGINEDATA]
fuel_flow_gain.0 = 35, 0.005              
fuel_flow_gain.1 = 40, 0.01
fuel_flow_gain.2 = 65,  0.025
fuel_flow_gain.3 = 69,  0.1 

Make sure you comment out the original entry here with a '//' and add these four in

Bottom line is that you don't necessarily have to go out side of the sim too much to do this. I say too much because XMLTools and work wonders as well. Look no further than the wonders that 'Bill's Mods' have worked on the Carenado turboprop aircraft!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, IGrant said:

I think the delay on the King Air is down to the Proline 21 avionics

There seems to be a lot you can do these days with turboprop physics right in the sim.  I don't know that MilViz did any technical voodoo outside of the sim.  LM have already put in some more flexibility with fuel flow gain in the aircraft cfg that lets you essentially add a curve to it.  If you tweak it right you get better throttle response throughout the range and no surge on start up. I've been toying with it on the existing Twotter.  My settings aren't perfect yet but they are as follows if anyone wants to try it out:

[TURBINEENGINEDATA]
fuel_flow_gain.0 = 35, 0.005              
fuel_flow_gain.1 = 40, 0.01
fuel_flow_gain.2 = 65,  0.025
fuel_flow_gain.3 = 69,  0.1 

Make sure you comment out the original entry here with a '//' and add these four in

Bottom line is that you don't necessarily have to go out side of the sim too much to do this. I say too much because XMLTools and work wonders as well. Look no further than the wonders that 'Bill's Mods' have worked on the Carenado turboprop aircraft!

Sure...

The Twin Otter Extended was made for FSX and then ported to P3D, so we need to look further into the new options in P3D - thanks for the hint.

On 5.7.2019 at 20:20, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Reinhard, you got any other floater that I should look at to judge the behavior on water?
We have several pilots advising us on how it should feel on land, but we never found anybody to advise us on how it behaves as a a boat. I have very limited experience in a SuperCub on floats but that hardly helps.

Sorry - no other floater at the moment, which I fly in the sim. The reason is simple: The Twin Otter as a package is so well done, that I really have not looked for another plane 😉

My reference is from my last visit on Maldives, where I saw, how easily the captains are taxiing to the landing stage just by using differential thrust on the two engines.

Rgds

Reinhard

Many of us have tons of liveries, please don't change too much on the outside of the aircraft so that we can continue to use the liveries!

Other than that, a better engine handling would be fine, as well as a hiding the yoke.

Thanks!

On 7/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, Burky said:

Lift up/drop the skies with different behaviour compared to the wheels

Can you expand on that?

We will make the stick hid-able....

vor 2 Stunden , Vindeballe sagte:

Are there other twinotter routes in Europe, then the one from Aarhus to Copenhagen?

Glasgow - Barra

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

guys, please stick to the topic, thanks

• Like 1

Is it on-topic to say that I am very excited about this update? ;)

Please add GTN750/650

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bakker said:

Please add GTN750/650

For Flight1 and Reality XP users.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Reinhard, you got any other floater that I should look at to judge the behavior on water?
We have several pilots advising us on how it should feel on land, but we never found anybody to advise us on how it behaves as a a boat. I have very limited experience in a SuperCub on floats but that hardly helps.

I think a lot of sim float planes feel off because the water friction isn't correct. It takes more effort for an aircraft to move through water than it does to taxi on land. It's most notable when landing when the aircraft doesn't want to stop. I've personally found it to be even more pronounced on a lot of tuboprop float planes where the engines don't truly idle. It's those times when you wish your float plane had an anchor lol

3 hours ago, akanishta99 said:

I think a lot of sim float planes feel off because the water friction isn't correct. It takes more effort for an aircraft to move through water than it does to taxi on land. 

I think the problem is basically the opposite! You can move a seaplane with one finger while that will never work with one on tarmac. That initial high drag is pretty well modeled in the sims for hard surfaces but is not removed from water based aircraft.

vor 12 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I think the problem is basically the opposite! You can move a seaplane with one finger while that will never work with one on tarmac. That initial high drag is pretty well modeled in the sims for hard surfaces but is not removed from water based aircraft.

Is that the reason why you can steer them so badly in the sim? I don't know a single airplane in the sim that could even nearly be steered to a pier without smashing into it. Float planes simply don't want to turn under a certain speed (which seems too high) in the sim, not even twins like the current Twin Otter. It always feels like you're stuck in the mud, your rudder has separated from the plane and it suddenly jumps ahead a few meters. Accu feel didn't seem to help that either..

On 7/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, Finn said:

Playing the Devils Advocat here I need to tell that simulating a Turboprop model outside P3D, like Majestic has done with their Dash-8 Q400 takes alot of effort.

I think the developement of the Dash 8 took serveral years for just one engine model.

Remember that the Trwin Otter comes in both the -100 and -300, as well as the float, amphibious and ski version comes with startlocks.

I´m not negative minded regarding upgrading the Twin Otter Turboprop model, cause I´m sure it can be tweaked alot more, but expectations should also be held at a realistic level. Thats also why most of the well known high-end developers keep away from Turboprops. Remember that the Majestic Dash-8 Q400 is also used profesionally so the developement has a much stronger economical base.

Finn,

How goes it?  The original development of the Majestic line of products stems back to 2000 thereabout with the Fanda Q300 which by today's standards took some blood sweat and tears to develop.  Each engine was theoretically modeled as two so that we could properly simulate the ECU system, so in essence 4 engines.  This freeware model eventually evolved into the MJC Q300 payware version in 2005 for FS9.  The Q400 on the other hand tool well over 7 years for its development.

To add to Finn's statement, they put a lot of work into the Twotter based on the time frame in which it was it released it was a very good rendition despite the few challenges for ground friction for taxi operations, regardless of how much breakaway power was given having to use the FSX engine for development.  Folks tend to get impatient with developers because they seem to take too long in developing a product, but with products such as the Twotter which have several variants it will/can take much longer as each variant has different ground/flight characteristics, which are not always easy to reproduce within a simulated platform, and if they are able to simulate a behavior/characteristic it usually has several factors involved to make it happen.  It is easy for one to make a comparison to a different developer's work but it may not be that easy to implement the functionality based on how the add-on is being coded.  There are several functions the MJC would love to incorporate available to most aircraft within FSX/P3D but testing proved that it would cause multiple issues with other fictions of the aircraft.

So, I'll add my 2 cents here on my wish list :D

1.  Engine performance based on temperatures affecting takeoffs/landings (this may already be incorporated, but don't recall).

2.  Improved taxi performance (which would still be affected by weight and balance)

3.  Improved power-plant performance for :
      - Beta and reverse
      - Reduce the lag for power lever inputs

4.  Improved propeller animation (not a must but after engine shut down the props spin much longer than they should)

5.  With the plan for sound enhancements, the sound of wearing brakes as the brakes do take a beating.

6.  Make it an option to have the tail stand installed by the simmer as failure to do so could lead to the aircraft sitting on the tail "IF" it is improperly loaded.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hearing of a Twin Otter Update is my personal message of the year :D

I love the AS Twotter, flying it since many years, through all the FSX and P3D versions!!

It is - besides the Flysimware Learjet 35 - my alltime favorite for short evening flight trips all over the world.

In my opinion, following things need an update (but there is not really much)

- hideable yoke is the most important one.

- better ground handling

- option for 3rd party GPS (although im happy user of the standard P3D GNS)

- improved sounds (Engines, Air Flow, Brakes...)

- please stay with the steam gauge version (no glass cockpit)

Don't worry, I am not interested in the new glass cockpit versions.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 10:19 AM, Tom A320 said:

No, software development doesn't work like that, for quite a lot of different reasons. To name a few:

• tasks can't be split equally
  • not every developer can do everything
  • etc.

And it is not necessary as Mathijs said. The development teams of the A330 and the Twin Otter are totally independent from each other, and only share the same project manager: Mathijs.

Well the maths may be incorrect, but the sentiment remains the same.

"Many hands make for faster work" - could have been Shakespeare... or maybe Elvis?

Works when you have to dig a big hole, but not in the software industry

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've posted these points in the previous topic, but since it will be closed, here they are again.

- Twin Otters that operate IFR/VFR flights should have a standby Attitude Indicator since it is required for IFR flight.
- The autopilot used on the current Twin Otter should be revisited since D-IVER is the only Twin Otter I can find that has this type of autopilot installed. All images below are from different operators showing the typical factory Twin Otter autopilot installation on the yoke column. It would be best to have the factory autopilot system which offers much more control option. This autopilot was optional in the real world and it can be optional as well for the P3Dv4 version. If the current autopilot unit were replaced by the standby AI and a new optional  factory autopilot unit on the yoke column, this might be a much more typical cockpit layout.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Aereotuy/De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-6-300-Twin-Otter/148050

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Surinam-Airways/De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-6-300-Twin-Otter/57499

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Aeropelican-Air-Services/De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-6-320-Twin-Otter/576818

https://www.airliners.net/photo/SkyTrail-ASC-Air-Safaris/De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-6-300-Twin-Otter/234277

- Improved engine simulation

- Improved Taxi behavior

- Full control over the cockpit lights (adjustable intensity if possible in the real aircraft)
- Improved textures and PBR for pilots (Maybe removing the sweater/jackets from the uniform? it just looks odd when flying in the tropics)

- Turbulence and cockpit shaking effects

• Upvote 1

I would really like to see full support for the add-ons folder. To date, all your old models are working in this folder disgusting due to the incompatibility of asc.dll. It is necessary either to delete it, or to take it from newer models.

Ohh for sure it will be made fully P3D standard. Lockheed would call and shout at me if we would not do that. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is the list we have now:

• Serious update of the VC with PBR, RealLight and TrueGlass

Will this include (better rounded) modelling and hi-res texturing as well? Or only PRB, RL and TG?