Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Twin Otter professional, request for information

Not a preview but I rather have this here than in the Twotter subforum (will close the topic there). I am now really planning the new version and want to know one more time what new features will be requested. As this is a serious amount of work it will not be a cheap update. 

Here is the list we have now:

• Serious update of the VC with PBR, RealLight and TrueGlass
  • Modest update of externals (I think they stood the test of time very well)
  • Option to include the most used 3rd party GPS device
  • Update of the graphics of the checklists etc
  • Updates via Updater tool
  • Possibly Connected Flight Deck
  • Options for home cockpit builder (for AlmostAviation https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_aaZTPNvei6mLI9AWUJ9w)
  • Hundreds of small tweaks here and there, a lot in engine modeling and flight modeling
  • New sound set (it's amazing how sound sets have become better!)
  • Optimized for the latest version of P3D (so only 64 bit versions)

Is there anything you feel we simply should not leave out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Any thoughts about the 400 Series or is it out of scope?

• Upvote 1

No new models. sorry. We already have a sh*tload and that is a huge burden in development. Compiling all the models now takes a good part of a work day.

Realistic engine and prop behaviour would be my #1. This would mean a fully custom engine model (MilViz got it pretty right on their PT-6 powered addons..).

• Upvote 2

Please ensure that there is support for the Flight1 GTN 750 and 650 in the Twin Otter Professional. Thanks for all that you do!

Best regards,

Chuck Rogers

Best news for a while.

We have been banging on about it !

For me... just a few things.

1. Must be able to lower the yoke ! The heading bug was a pain to use... still is !

2. Charge what you like. I think most of us will be quite happy.

3. Oh.... do not go overboard with graphics... I would prefer a 60 fps aircraft than a chugger.

4. Yes, make it easy to taxi.

5. Please don't overdo the windshield reflections. The current version has that heavy perspex... I had to remove it completely. Maybe a choice of heavy, light or none ?

Any ETA ? This year, next ?

Thnx

• Upvote 1

rain effects please

If you add 3rd party GPS as stated consider dropping the audio panel for the GTN GPS units.

all options you say are amazing. but for me the best option is a share cockpit. The 3rd party GPS will be great specially if is GTN750 but im not shure how you can apply this to share cockpit. It would be better in my opion if you develop you own version of gps with advance options as sid stars and vnac calc opitons and charts display via navdatapro subscrition inside gps.

and other opinion. I would denitly pay this aircraft again, the whole aircraft if i see all this changes aplyed for me is a complet new product. Dont care if is it based in the old one. PBR true glass, real light, new soundpack, tweaks and for shure if you develop your own adavnced gps with shared cockpit option, for me are enoguht changes to spend the classic aerosoft plane price of 40-60 euros !

- fully custom engine and prop dynamics like Majestic has done with their Q400 (never even consider using default P3D turboprop dynamics). This was the biggest issue with the old Twin Otter. Also don't forget realistic startup like the real plane
- ground friction fix!

These were the most frustrating issues with the old Twin Otter. Also would love to see more accurate flight dynamics and taxi dynamics (I know P3D is famous for it's non-existent taxi dynamics and I'm not sure if this can be done).

I'm so glad you decided to make a new Twin Otter, which is among my favorite airplanes.

PS! Another cool feature would be to introduce failures if you don't treat the engines properly. Hot and hung starts would also be nice to see.

• Upvote 2

• Hide the yoke
  • Support GTN 750 (both of them)
  • Easier taxi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

-ground friction fix!

easier taxi

realistic start up procedure

please

thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs Kok and Aerosoft,

I've always like the Aerosoft Twin Otter Professional very much!!!

It's very versatile in the utility category and it's nice to have to twin Turbine Engine reliability and safety for island hopping in the tropical waters.

However, I strayed away in the last couple years since it's age and lag is extremely prominent!!!

Thank you so much for doing an modern rebuild and upgrade!!!

I would highly like to recommend and request that A2A rain effects be used. TFDi True Glass was a nice start for the desperately needed rain effects.

I noticed in my recent review of the A2A V-Tail Bonanza that the A2A rain effects are greatly superior and look fantastically superb, when compared to TFDi True Glass.

The proprietary PMDG Rainmaker Rain effects are similar to A2A.

Scott Gentile and A2A have have Generously Philanthoprized and  made their Rain effects free for all developers to utilize in an open source way to plug into any commercial third-party developer. 

Again, I strongly think the A2A Rain effects would be a Greatly better rain effects plug in for your updated Twin Otter Professional.

This is with no cost and fees to Aerosoft

Here is the link for you:

https://a2asimulations.com/product/a2a-rain-effect-for-p3dv4/

Have a Great 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the Best, 

Dave Edwards

Aerospace Weekly (A.W.)

www.aerospaceweekly.com

aw-2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Why not finish the A330 which has been in the works for over 3 years before taking on or even planning on creating another complex aircraft?

10 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Realistic engine and prop behaviour would be my #1. This would mean a fully custom engine model (MilViz got it pretty right on their PT-6 powered addons..).

I second that one. Also linked with engine failure due to mismanagement.

Wit this and stuff you yourself mentioned this will be a must have.

2 hours ago, pager94x1 said:

Again, I strongly think the A2A Rain effects would be a Greatly better rain effects plug in for your updated Twin Otter Professional.

This is with no cost and fees to Aerosoft

The A2A rain effects do not model windshield wipers (last I checked) so that makes them more or less useless in our opinion.

1 hour ago, luke123452468 said:

Why not finish the A330 which has been in the works for over 3 years before taking on or even planning on creating another complex aircraft?

Why do you think one project shares any resources but me? This project is not influencing the A330 in any way.

And indeed, close to three years now. That's how long it takes these days. If you can do it faster with the same resources  gladly hire you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The A2A rain effects do not model windshield wipers (last I checked) so that makes them more or less useless in our opinion.

Silly Me!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Why do you think one project shares any resources but me? This project is not influencing the A330 in any way.

And indeed, close to three years now. That's how long it takes these days. If you can do it faster with the same resources  gladly hire you!

But employ more people ? 2x people = half time. No ?

1 minute ago, pager94x1 said:

Silly Me!!!!!!!

Thinking same ! Not many GAs have wipers ! Lol.

35 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

2x people = half time. No ?

No, software development doesn't work like that, for quite a lot of different reasons. To name a few:

• tasks can't be split equally
  • not every developer can do everything
  • etc.

And it is not necessary as Mathijs said. The development teams of the A330 and the Twin Otter are totally independent from each other, and only share the same project manager: Mathijs.

• Upvote 1

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

And indeed, close to three years now.

Sorry, I know this is hugely off-topic, but since you mentioned that number here: What marked the start of those three years for you? I am a bit puzzled about that number, since you guys had the first preview topic for the A330 already in early 2015. I'm just curious, maybe there was a significant shift in that project in 2016 that I didn't know about so far.

And why is there not a word about the save of flight and the state of the systems? Do you think this is all good? What are the two status switches in the panel menu - is that enough? What can you hide the menu at least 100 times, but it will still come out after loading - this is not a bug, but a feature?

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

And why is there not a word about the save of flight and the state of the systems? Do you think this is all good? What are the two status switches in the panel menu - is that enough? What can you hide the menu at least 100 times, but it will still come out after loading - this is not a bug, but a feature?

This is exactly the purpose of this topic: to tell Aerosoft what you miss, need or want in the new Twin Otter.

Here your feedback is directly listened to and you will be able to help shaping the new version to become exactly what you want it to be ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

But employ more people ? 2x people = half time. No ?

Thinking same ! Not many GAs have wipers ! Lol.

No, for these projects adding more people often does mean a earlier release date.  It takes around 6 months for a new developer to be fully effective in these kinds of projects. if he had ample experience in working inside P3D a bit less but still a considerable amount of time.  Fact is that you simply can't find P3D systems developers, you can only train them.

And as we are talking Twin Otter here and it has wipers I am not sure what to make of your second comment. You feel animated windshield wiper that do not remove rain would be acceptable to customers?

16 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Keep in mind that when this product was first launched this was NOT a standard feature of mid price, short range aircraft. Checking those on my system right now it actually still is not. But I understand you request that feature and I added it to the list of potential changes.

• Upvote 1

Engine simulation is paramount for me along with some improvements to the electrical system.  The Twin Otter is a pretty basic plane so I'd love to see the few systems it does have simulated to a high degree. Maybe using the throttle tech from the Airbus (intercepting the axis before the sim) you could properly simulate beta range and reverse which would not only make engine operation smoother but GREATLY enhance the taxiing characteristics. The current model taxis like it's in wet cement which is literally my biggest gripe about the current model. Somewhere between what you've done with the A320 and MJC did with their Q400. You could also do the same with the mixture axis as these are either on or off in the real aircraft if I'm not mistaken.  Assigning an axis in the sim allows for linear control of the mixture which isn't accurate as far as I know.

I'd also really like a persistent wear feature with some sort of pre-flight routine to check oil, tires, etc. Maybe make it optional for people that like to turn off failures and don't care about that sort of thing. Brakes most likely take a lot of abuse in a Twin Otter so maybe brake wear would be worth considering if a persistent wear model was added.

My unrealistic wish would be for a customizable cockpit layout.  I don't think any two Twin Otter panels are the same and it would be nice to have paint scheme (i.e. aircraft.cfg entry) specific file that determined what equipment was installed and where.  This is an obvious option for the radio stack but I'd love to see the ability to rearrange to some degree the other instruments and have some options.  Maybe be able to choose between a DG and an HSI or choose what OBIs/ADFs are installed on the right side of the main six.  Maybe even offer the ability to move some of the main six around because even that's not standard on these aircraft.  How great would it be if for example an ini file came with the paint scheme so every time you loaded up a different paint, the cockpit would be a little different as it would in real life?! I would absolutely love this. Painters could try and mix an match the gauges to make the panel more closely match the aircraft they are painting. Add some simple EFIS while your at it, like an old Sandel EHSI!  Anyway, I know that it's possible to do this (and I really think you should) but like I said, that's my unrealistic wish because I know the chances of it happening are pretty much zero.

Last, I presume we'd be paying for this update since I'm sure this is going to result in the Twotter becoming part of Aerosoft's 'Professional' product line.  I'm fine with this as long as there is a reasonable upgrade fee.  And as long as we're paying, can we have new sounds please? Even if it means paying just a little more.

But I understand you request that feature and I added it to the list of potential changes.

Thanks! There is another nuance that I noticed, but I am not sure that this is a bug. When you turn on the reverse and taxiing back the plane falls to the tail. At the same time, the earlier version (not Extended) did not have this flaw.