CRJ Stutters

Hello,

I've owned the CRJ for almost a year now and have enjoyed the product immensely on FSX and now P3D v4! I'm having one frustrating issue though recently. I get very nasty stutters in the CRJ. These stutters do not occur in other payware addons aircraft. I've tested this with the PMDG 777, PMDG DC-6, Aerosoft A320, a few Carenado aircraft as well as a few of the default aircraft P3d v4 comes with. The CRJ is the only one that gets these. They start happening when I climb through 15,000 feet and persist through the end of the flight. The stutters occur both in external view and in the VC. I dont have a bad system and I dont overclock anything. Ill list my system specs below as well as my P3D.cfg. I hope someone can help me with this because I'm getting very good FPS but the stutters can get annoying. I have FPS set to unlimited because limiting them just makes the FPS go down and the same stutter continues happening. I can record a video the stutters if you would like.

Here are my specs:

I5-8400

8GB RAM

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

nVidia GTX 1060 3GB

Acer SB220Q LCD Monitor

Prepar3D.cfg

29 minutes ago, Bigz767 said:

Hello,

I've owned the CRJ for almost a year now and have enjoyed the product immensely on FSX and now P3D v4! I'm having one frustrating issue though recently. I get very nasty stutters in the CRJ. These stutters do not occur in other payware addons aircraft. I've tested this with the PMDG 777, PMDG DC-6, Aerosoft A320, a few Carenado aircraft as well as a few of the default aircraft P3d v4 comes with. The CRJ is the only one that gets these. They start happening when I climb through 15,000 feet and persist through the end of the flight. The stutters occur both in external view and in the VC. I dont have a bad system and I dont overclock anything. Ill list my system specs below as well as my P3D.cfg. I hope someone can help me with this because I'm getting very good FPS but the stutters can get annoying. I have FPS set to unlimited because limiting them just makes the FPS go down and the same stutter continues happening. I can record a video the stutters if you would like.

Here are my specs:

I5-8400

8GB RAM

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

nVidia GTX 1060 3GB

Acer SB220Q LCD Monitor

Prepar3D.cfg 17.97 kB · 0 downloads

Have you tried clearing your P3D Shaders and resetting your Prepar3d.cfg file (rename it, and allow another to be rebuilt when P3D is started)?

If not, please give that a try.  If that doesn't help, would you kindly provide screen shots of your P3D graphics settings (four pages I believe)?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Yes, I've tried deleting the shaders folder as well as the Prepar3d.cfg and neither has worked. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CRJ twice. I went ahead and recorded a short video of the stutters I'm getting. I'll post the link when it's done uploading. Here are my settings. I have tried lowering them. It gives me better FPS but the same stutter every few seconds is still there.

Please login to display this image.

Ok, thanks for the video, it actually tells a lot. 

First, I don't experience that on my system, which is:

i7-4770K with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz

What I'm seeing is either:

1. GPU VRAM recycling (emptying out).  This is my best guess, given that your grapics card onyl has 3GB and the minimum recommended for P3Dv4+ and the CRJ is 8GB of VRAM. 

There are some other things that I originally mentioned, but after considering the amount of VRAM you have the chance of them affecting you is minmial so I remove them from the list.

Let's remember that compared to many other payware aircraft, the CRJ is a graphics intensive model because of the high quality textures done throughout (completely) the inside and outside of the aircraft model and the displays themselves of which there are twelve (12)!!!  All this amazing quality is fine for systems with more VRAM, (for instance I don't experience what you're seeing), but for a graphics card with only 3GB and the amount of graphics you're system is processing, I'm actually a little surprised at how well it's doing!

My advice,

A. You can try triple buffering, or maybe even Vsync and Triple Buffering, but this may also worsen your issue. You'll just have to try it and see, but I'm sure it will do something, and I'd love to see a video of what it does for my own knowledge.

B. In the NVIDIA Control Panel or NVIDIA Inspector, you can try settings Prerender Frames to 3 if they aren't already.  Just like "A" above, I think this will do something though I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what it would be or if you'd notice it with this type of setting.

C.  This one will make a positive change, and I ask that you trust me on this.  I'd change your P3D & CRJ Dave Settings to those I have listed below.  The settings you currently have are fine for some aircraft and especially for General Aviation type flying, but for Airliners those higher settings aren't necessary at all and they do increase the demand/graphics processing AND of course the amount of data being clocked into that 3GB of VRAM you have.

I sincerely hope this is helpful to you!  I'm looking forward to hearing how you make out.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll give this a try when I get home. I failed to mention that I also use ORBX global base, vector, and open lc North America. I also use their HD trees addon. I wouldn’t think these would make too much of a difference but it’s worth mentioning. My vector settings are pretty minimal.

I have tried vsync and triple buffering in the past and it doesn’t really make a difference.

4 hours ago, Sforrest10 said:

I have had similar problems since upgrading to P3d 4.5

In my case it was the weather radar and it stoped once i switched it off.

This may have been the case. Thanks for bringing this up because I didn't have these problems before the 4.5 update.

After making those settings changes in DAVE it seems to have solved my issues. No need to make any graphical changes. Thanks for all the help!

Archived