Lukla and P3D / Orbx

tonyc

Ok so I have seen all the threads about CTDs and Lukla but my problem proved without doubt there is a serious conflict between your scenery and either P3D or Orbx.

I flew the Aerosoft Twin Otter between Kathmandu and Lukla via the KIMLI intersection.

Now just to be sure that the Lukla scenery worked ok (I bought it just yesterday) I loaded it and adjusted the FTX Vector airport altitude to suit. It works just fine flying out of there.

I switched to a Kathmandu position and flew the flight  but at 15,000 ft just short of the KIMLI intersection (about 30 miles short of Lukla) I had a CTD (5 times).

Now not being one (too bloody old) to do all this logging business I used the old fashioned but surefire way of finding the culprit. I uninstalled the Aerosoft Lukla  and ran with Orbx, Active Sky for P3D and the Aerosoft Twin Otter. No problem at all (except trying to land on the idiotic place they have stuck Lukla).

Now I have been a good client of Aerosoft over more years than I care to remember and will have to put my €20 down to experience but come on guys. After all these threads and so many people having CTDs on P3D and this product do you not think it is time to either fix the problem or take it off the market whilst you do.

When I bought the original Aerosoft Airbus Extended series I remember happily downloading hotfixes and in effect being a beta tester for that product as it evolved. This is just a piece of relatively small scenery which clearly has not not been adequately tested on different PCs using P3D, Orbx and so on. 

More problematic is that I am Ops Director of a reasonably sized VA which has just included this in one of out "tours". I am going to have to tell 170 members to be careful of this product if they have P3D or simply remove that part of the tour.

Moperle - I am using P3Dv4.4 new to me this year on a very much updated and powerful PC.

Mathijs - You say you can't create it on your machines and you sold tens of thousands of this product. fair enough. But there are a lot of users discontent with it and how many are using the P3D, Orbx mixture. I have seen this happen once before in FSX and it turned out to be a problem with UK 2000s VFR UK regions where one tiny part of that region conflicted with another. I realise it is your developer that needs to sort this and you simply sell the product.

There is a conflict here without a doubt. It isn't as if I have a load other software installed (freeware or payware) to cause the problem.

The problem is your Lukla product. I have no idea why but it is conflicting with other products. Possibly Orbx. If I get the time perhaps I will try sometime to do that flight without Orbx switched on. I will do the flight in reverse and see what happens anyway.

Mopperle

I can see that on the official page but can you explain why this has not been made clear in the other threads on the subject that it doesn't work in V4? 

Indeed to quote your "Deputy" "Masterhawk" he said in a thread in the thread of September 2017 

"The now released Version is just an update for P3Dv4. A new Version is already in development, so it doesn't make sense to invest time into this "old" version."

Or perhaps this Facebook announcement on FS Elite  https://www.facebook.com/fselite/posts/aerosoft-have-updated-lukla-x-mount-everest-to-work-with-fsx-se-p3d-v3-and-p3d-v/2008425526043918/

You can understand where all the confusion is coming from. In order no more people waste their money on this product can I suggest you put a large note on the product page to say - THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT WORK IN P3D V4! or even "MAY NOT" if you prefer!

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you read the system requirments it is clear that it is not for P3Dv4. Adding an additional comment doesnt make sense at all. You can not expect that Aerosoft adds to every addon that is meant for Simulator XYZ add an additional comment that it does not work with Simulator ABC.

What a 3rd party like FSElite writes is out of Aerosofts control.

The comment from Masterhawk referred to the fact that the installer allows to install Lukla in P3Dv4 which indeed worked for many users. Nothing else.

Next time I recommend that if you want to buy a product which is not clearly compatibel with the sim you are using, you first ask to make sure.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived