Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls preview

As the first production run has commenced (or will commence very soon) and delivery comes closer we have some reports coming in from people who actually used them. I'll post them here as they come in. For sure PC Pilot was as impressed as we are. This is really a new level of quality at this price point, heck, I dare to say at any price point! I have been using some very expensive controllers but this one might be the best I ever used.

PC Pilot Alpha Review.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Friends,

I recently had an opportunity to spend 3 days with the Honeycomb Yoke at the FSExpo 2019 in Orlando, and was lucky enough to take one home with me, take it apart, put it back together, and use it for a few weeks and I did a short report on it for anyone interested.  I'm not very good at desktop publishing, but I hope my report will help you to make a decision about purchasing this amazing product.

Best wishes!Honeycomb Yoke Report.pdf

• Like 4

I can't wait for the throttle quadrant to be released. I already have the money set aside, it just needs to be ready for delivery. I will keep my Saitek Yoke until it falls apart though. ;)

I am just a little bit disappointed, I pre-ordered in April expecting the price increase from $220 to $250 after the quickly closing pre-order
period. Now I got an offer to buy for €193.59.

Frank Darbyshire

4 hours ago, Frank Darbyshire said:

I am just a little bit disappointed, I pre-ordered in April expecting the price increase from $220 to $250 after the quickly closing pre-order
period. Now I got an offer to buy for €193.59.

Frank Darbyshire

Looking at the monetsry conversion. I'm  not sure what the issue is. Just curious. Offer from who?

From aerosoft in German. I am really looking forward to the new yoke. Thanks for your review. Now I am saving up for when the throttle quadrant comes out.

Now I am really confused. Just went to the site to check my figures. Now I see that the price is discounted from 250 to 220 EUR. I had a clean up of my email. So I can't find the email.

Just contact us on support@aerosoft.com and we'll assist with that.

Hey all,

I'm also confused. I thought the Throttle Quadrant was initially priced at 199.99 EUR but I've looked again just and now it's 219.99 EUR, and worst, it claims it was 250.00 EUR before and that this is now a discount...….

What is going on with the pricing? In the UK, you are not allowed to claim something is discounted unless it has been offered at the higher price for a period of 28 days first. I'm sure there must be a similar law in Germany. Am I seeing things or have I misunderstood something? I know this is a presale discount so maybe not quite the same, but that's what it looks like. How come the 20 EUR increase?

Thanks,

Mark. 

Hey again,

Can't edit my last post for some reason, hence another post. OK, it looks like Honeycomb have bumped their presales price up by 20 EUR and this is just passed through. Bit annoying they've moved the goal posts already, it's not been on presale that long. It would have been nice, and a little fairer, if everyone was able to buy it at the same presale price.

I'll ask our sales staff about some information about this. Most likely it is just fluctuating whole sale prices, keep in mind we do not make these products but also buy them.  Import duties,  Dollar/Euro rates etc.

Okay here is the deal.

The normal price is 249,99 incl VAT.

The first pre-sale we could offer at 199,99 (and of course people who ordered at that price get it at that price).

The current pre-sale price is 219.99 because the price we pay per copy has been raised.  if we would sell it at 199.99 we would simply be giving them away for free.

Of course this is not abnormal for new products. The amount you pay may vary until it is actually shipping.  The faster you order the better price you get normally. I am sorry you are annoyed by this but it is not abnormal and most certainly not illegal. If you want to avoid these things I can only suggest to wait until a product ships and you know when you get it at what price.

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay here is the deal.

The normal price is 249,99 incl VAT.

The first pre-sale we could offer at 199,99 (and of course people who ordered at that price get it at that price).

The current pre-sale price is 219.99 because the price we pay per copy has been raised.  if we would sell it at 199.99 we would simply be giving them away for free.

Of course this is not abnormal for new products. The amount you pay may vary until it is actually shipping.  The faster you order the better price you get normally. I am sorry you are annoyed by this but it is not abnormal and most certainly not illegal. If you want to avoid these things I can only suggest to wait until a product ships and you know when you get it at what price.

Hey Mathijs,

Thanks for taking the time to look into it and come back to me/us.

I'm certainly not annoyed at you or Aerosoft, and it's only minor disappointment, maybe annoying so too stronger word!! 🙂

I'm still wary at the minute. I looked into all of the other distributers on their website and none of them even acknowledge the existence of Fly Honeycomb let alone sell their products so this has made me a little cautious for now. Something isn't quite right with that picture.

Thanks again though, I'll keep my eye on it, and bear in mind that the price could go up again. 🙂  

19 minutes ago, highflyer525 said:

Hey Mathijs,

Thanks for taking the time to look into it and come back to me/us.

I'm certainly not annoyed at you or Aerosoft, and it's only minor disappointment, maybe annoying so too stronger word!! 🙂

I'm still wary at the minute. I looked into all of the other distributers on their website and none of them even acknowledge the existence of Fly Honeycomb let alone sell their products so this has made me a little cautious for now. Something isn't quite right with that picture.

Thanks again though, I'll keep my eye on it, and bear in mind that the price could go up again. 🙂  

It has been my sincere privilege to work closely with Honeycomb since the FSExpo in Orlando, and I'm happy to say that they have been a wonderful team to work with and have been very forthcoming with information about their products.

Having the Yoke here in front of me (as I write this), I'm absolutely THRILLED with it!   It is the highest quality Flight Sim Yoke that I have ever used and it's feel is eerily like that found in aircraft I have flown. You can certainly tell it was designed and built by a company that has worked in real world aviation and simulation.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm fully confident it will be worth every second of the wait, and if I wasn't blessed already with having the Yoke I would order it right this minute! Brothers, I'm not kidding or exaggerating one single bit!!!

Aerosoft is the exclusive distributor for Honeycomb in Europe, and there will be various distributors in the U.S. and Canada.  I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but it will be available to most anyone (not sure about Antarctica).

We are planning a live stream with CEO Honeycomb Nicki Repenning in the coming weeks, and we'll be showing off both the Yoke and the upcoming Throttle Quadrant, and Nicki will of course be taking viewer questions live during the stream.  We'll announce that date and Discord link (for people to ask questions) as soon as we've set the actual date, but it will be a Saturday or Sunday at 2pm GMT.  I'll be sure to post the date here, and it will go out via a special announcement to anyone who has subscribed to the Aerosoft Newsletter.  If you haven't already subscribed to the Aerosoft Newsletter, you may want to for this, and other upcoming reasons!

My very best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, thanks DaveCT2003,

It does look incredible. I subscribed earlier, so I'll keep my eye out for it.

• Like 1

Dave, in your review, when opened, I noticed the potentiometers appear to be “normal” sized. I don’t fly often, so I tend to get dirty, and thus jittery controls sooner than you would expect. When I opened the Saitek Yoke, since it was past garantee anyways, I found big globs of “non-tamper glue” over several components, and the potentiometers I wanted to spray cleaner in were miniature models without openings.

Was the model you had representative for the production models? Will I be able to clean or replace those potentiometers? Any way to find out?

cheers,

Bert

• Like 1

I have pre-ordered the throttle quadrant in Q1, but then the expected delivery started to shift, after 2-3 modification it is now only says 2020..., so I have decided to cancel my order.

I know Aerosoft has nothing to do with this, it is related to the information given by supplier.

Anyway, would it be possible to share the information:

1. Is it guaranteed everyone participating in pre-sales will  be able to get his/her order from the first batch?

2. What is the manufacturing capacity of Supplier?

3. In case first batch goes out when the next batch can be expected? (I think it is related to point 2)

4. 2020 is coming from manufacturer or Aerosoft want to be on safe side no to announce any date which may change (again)?

It could happen if the price point for the quality what we get is exceptional (as I can read ) then the manufacturer is underestimating the demand and the capacity will not match with the initial peak.

Tibor

3 hours ago, Tibor said:

I have pre-ordered the throttle quadrant in Q1, but then the expected delivery started to shift, after 2-3 modification it is now only says 2020..., so I have decided to cancel my order.

I know Aerosoft has nothing to do with this, it is related to the information given by supplier.

Anyway, would it be possible to share the information:

1. Is it guaranteed everyone participating in pre-sales will  be able to get his/her order from the first batch?

2. What is the manufacturing capacity of Supplier?

3. In case first batch goes out when the next batch can be expected? (I think it is related to point 2)

4. 2020 is coming from manufacturer or Aerosoft want to be on safe side no to announce any date which may change (again)?

It could happen if the price point for the quality what we get is exceptional (as I can read ) then the manufacturer is underestimating the demand and the capacity will not match with the initial peak.

Tibor

1. Yes.

2. I am sorry that is confidential information.

3. We expect that next major shipment a few months after the first.

4. Could you rephrase that question?

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

1. Yes.

2. I am sorry that is confidential information.

3. We expect that next major shipment a few months after the first.

4. Could you rephrase that question?

First I appreciate your straight feedback.

With Question No.4 I mean forecasted delivery in 2020 is very general, can be January or December as well.

Either you do not have more punctual info from manufacturer or you just decided at Aerosoft not to publish more precise date (even if you have more precise forecast) in order to avoid ppl complaining on the forum if the date can't be kept :)

Thanks!

Tibor

3 minutes ago, Tibor said:

Either you do not have more punctual info from manufacturer or you just decided at Aerosoft not to publish more precise date (even if you have more precise forecast) in order to avoid ppl complaining on the forum if the date can't be kept :)

The comments from the manufacturer about the plans for the throttles are all over the internet. No need to try to chase Aerosoft for details that have been already given ;)

For example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THMwmghET4Q (first interview in the video)

7 minutes ago, Tibor said:

First I appreciate your straight feedback.

With Question No.4 I mean forecasted delivery in 2020 is very general, can be January or December as well.

Thanks!

Tibor

Also, based on the type of questions you're asking I'm going to assume you have some experience with design and manufacturing?  If so, then you'll understand this is an INITIAL product launch.  Telling you existing plans (which happen to be Honeycomb's not Aerosoft's) is practically worthless as things often change after an initial product launch. In fact, everything until the first 3 months is speculative at best thus subject and likely to change.  This does not, and should not be taken to mean that things are not stable as they are and the project is extremely well funded.  It's just the way it works at that level, and customers need not be concerned with the inner workings of a company.

Sorry Tom if you felt chased by the question :) Personally was not aware of that particular video on the youtube.

Anyway, thank you guys for the feedback and looking forward to get this promising yoke and throttle asap :)

Have nice weekend!

Tibor

That all said, we honestly wish we could say more. Both Honeycomb and Aerosoft will try to be as open and honest as possible but starting a completely new line of hardware is incredibly complex. You need years to be fully  stable. But fact is, the hardware is absolutely kick-ass for the price. 

• Like 1

Hey Mathijs, will Aerosoft have any loaner units for reviewers?

Got to ask ;)

It's not often that I pre-order but I couldn't resist this time and have both the yoke and throttle quadrent to look forward to.  In fact had there been a set of pedals on offer then I'd have gone for those as well, I could do with replacing my old CH products pair but the Thrustmasters are too much of a stretch for me.  In fact (here I go again), the top plate of the yoke is not only a useful place to fit Saitek panels it might be handy to put a nosegear steering wheel there too! Regards, getting slightly ahead of myself, Mark :-)

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 11:28 AM, MarkHurst said:

Hey Mathijs, will Aerosoft have any loaner units for reviewers?

Got to ask ;)

There actually was one, sort of.  I left the Orlando FSExpo with it, with all the Honeycomb guys chasing me through the hotel and parking lot!!!   "No! Dave! Stop!".  I didn't hear any of it, of course.

I use the Yoke almost daily, it's truly amazing!  I don't even have the drivers for it, and it's amazing even using the default Windows joystick drivers!