Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Mathijs Kok

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls preview (now shipping!)

I have created a clean profile now in the HA software to prevent any other inputs, Cant get the hat switch to be a hat switch though.

Can some kind soul post the outer measures of the (roughly cuboid) yoke main part or post a link where it's given? I made a search but didn't find anything usable. The question is compatibility with the cutout in my panel.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

39 minutes ago, CannonousCrash said:

I have created a clean profile now in the HA software to prevent any other inputs, Cant get the hat switch to be a hat switch though.

Are you using TrackIR?

26 minutes ago, pmb said:

Can some kind soul post the outer measures of the (roughly cuboid) yoke main part or post a link where it's given? I made a search but didn't find anything usable. The question is compatibility with the cutout in my panel.

I'm not sure what you are asking for my friend. I provided sone measurements in my report on the yoke a few montgs and another reviewer post even more of them. I'm sitting in the dentist chair right now, but I'll be home in 2 hours and can get you what you need.

2 minutes ago, CannonousCrash said:

Not using trackIR dave, I have a delanclip for DCSing, but just used to the hat switch for non combat sims.

Sorry, I meant to say Chaseplane, not TrackIR.

If you're using Chasepkane you xhould set the Hatswitch in CP.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm not sure what you are asking for my friend.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant the length, height, and width of the main box to be clamped onto the desk. 

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry, I meant to say Chaseplane, not TrackIR.

ahh yes I have chase plane, but some reason, it only allows me to pan when holding down the middle mouse button and moving the mouse. The custom views is whats made me leave it installed.

3 minutes ago, CannonousCrash said:

ahh yes I have chase plane, but some reason, it only allows me to pan when holding down the middle mouse button and moving the mouse. The custom views is whats made me leave it installed.

Your settings sre to blame there my friend. I'd wipe them ALL, for everything, and remap. Remember to ONLY set the Hatswitch in Chaseplane.

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Sorry for being unclear. I meant the length, height, and width of the main box to be clamped onto the desk. 

Ok, I'll get them to you. If you're looking to compare to the Saitek yoke, I did that in my report. Give me 2 hours or so and I'll get the measurements to you.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Your settings sre to blame there my ftiend. I'd wipe them ALL, for everything, and remao. Remember to ONLY set the Hatswitch in Chaseplane.

I did this with the x55 and it never seemed to work, but I change the settings from the x55 to the honeycomb and now it works. Whoop. Now to figure out the honeycomb software in relation to the pmdg events :-/

29 minutes ago, CannonousCrash said:

I did this with the x55 and it never seemed to work, but I change the settings from the x55 to the honeycomb and now it works. Whoop. Now to figure out the honeycomb software in relation to the pmdg events 😕

You don't have to use the Honeycomb bindings, you can remove them and just use P3D bindings.

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Hi Michael, from my freshly unwrapped yoke I find that the base unit is 240mm deep, but 242mm including the two knurled knobs used for locking to the supplied baseplate if you would be using it.  The front face is 286mm across at the widest part but tapers to 248mm at the rear.  Height at the front of the box is 115mm at the highest point of the curve and 111mm at the back.  I haven't measured it with the additional flat-top extension that it comes with, let me know if you need that.  Regards, Mark

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bugs49 said:

Hi Michael, from my freshly unwrapped yoke I find that the base unit is 240mm deep, but 242mm including the two knurled knobs used for locking to the supplied baseplate if you would be using it.  The front face is 286mm across at the widest part but tapers to 248mm at the rear.  Height at the front of the box is 115mm at the highest point of the curve and 111mm at the back.  I haven't measured it with the additional flat-top extension that it comes with, let me know if you need that.  Regards, Mark

Thank you, that's very kind. So it's even without the extension a couple of centimeters too high for my hardware panel.

Nonetheless, I still might buy it at a point. I find me flying more and more under VR those days making the hardware panel obsolete anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

Initial observations on the physical aspect of the yoke are positive.  I'm impressed with the overall fit and finish, no sharp edges and nice feel throughout  The sticky pad fitting works well and stops those annoying.

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thank you, that's very kind. So it's even without the extension a couple of centimeters too high for my hardware panel.

Nonetheless, I still might buy it at a point. I find me flying more and more under VR those days making the hardware panel obsolete anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, perhaps one of those skinny Yokos would fit but at a price!  I haven't taken the VR route but in terms of feel and button placement the Alpha does fit my hands quite nicely which must be a good thing with virtual reality.  I find that I have to keep looking at my stick and throttle with my Warthop HOTAS. Not good with a monitor, I'd be helpless with my head in an Occulus Rift headset

39 minutes ago, CannonousCrash said:

All I am trying to do is assign the light switches, but they do nothing in the sim

Well, I can tell you that they work for the Beacon and Nav Lights in the Airbus, I did not test other functions but they certainly should work. 

Remember, most payware aircraft do not use default FSX/P3D commands for controls on the flight deck.  If you want to map those, you'll need to use FSUIPC and will have to use the FSUIPC Macro function if the aircraft SDK doesn't give you the values for the commands.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If you want to map those, you'll need to use FSUIPC and will have to use the FSUIPC Macro function if the aircraft SDK doesn't give you the values for the commands.

For those high end aircraft specific function, like the many special functions of the Airbus, you can also use LINDA (which builds on top of FSUIPC). There are modules for the 32bit Airbus and the 64bit Airbus available.

Setting up controls in LINDA really is a piece of cake ;) 

• Like 1

Btw, use the Aerosoft updater tool to update the assignment software. Not 100% complete but already a great improvement.

• Like 1

I have ordered one of the first batch and it is currently on the way to me. However, when I ordered this special was not available:

If you purchase the popular Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls in our shop now, you can save 50 EUR when purchasing Thrustmasters TPR: Pendular Rudder Pedals

Can I still make use of this (I know 'now' is already over :-)) ? If not, then I'll help our local economy and order one locally. It would be easier for any possible warranty cases anyway due to the expensive shipping to the other side of the world.

Regards,

Siggy

3 minutes ago, Siggy said:

I have ordered one of the first batch and it is currently on the way to me. However, when I ordered this special was not available:

If you purchase the popular Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls in our shop now, you can save 50 EUR when purchasing Thrustmasters TPR: Pendular Rudder Pedals

Can I still make use of this (I know 'now' is already over :-)) ? If not, then I'll help our local economy and order one locally. It would be easier for any possible warranty cases anyway due to the expensive shipping to the other side of the world.

Regards,

Siggy

Send a mail to info@aerosoft.com about that.

On 11/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, pga said:

good evening I received mine 2 days ago, Thank you for the speed of delivery. Tell me what is the use of the rubber caps delivered with the alpha control (no information in the manual)

See this tread for the same question and the answer.

This thread has served its purpose as an announcement of an upcoming product which has now been delivered. Please send tech support issues to this area of the forum.

Thank you all for your support of this superb controller!