Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Mathijs Kok

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls preview (now shipping!)

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There actually was one, sort of.  I left the Orlando FSExpo with it, with all the Honeycomb guys chasing me through the hotel and parking lot!!!   "No! Dave! Stop!".  I didn't hear any of it, of course.

I use the Yoke almost daily, it's truly amazing!  I don't even have the drivers for it, and it's amazing even using the default Windows joystick drivers!

Well when you get tired of it, my YT channel needs a review :)

• Like 2

I am looking forward to hearing about the software.  Very interested to know if it is independent of FSUIPC which is not the most user friendly of things, at least for this particular user.  Regards, Mark

35 minutes ago, Bugs49 said:

I am looking forward to hearing about the software.  Very interested to know if it is independent of FSUIPC which is not the most user friendly of things, at least for this particular user.  Regards, Mark

Hello Mark,

Have you read my report on the Honeycomb Yoke?  I addressed this in the report.

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Mark,

Have you read my report on the Honeycomb Yoke?  I addressed this in the report.

Thanks Dave, yes I enjoyed it and a very thorough job you did too, but did you manage to get hold of the software?  I will not need to use it for the yoke but definitely will when the throttle comes along.  Cheers, Mark

On 7/1/2019 at 2:31 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Friends,

I recently had an opportunity to spend 3 days with the Honeycomb Yoke at the FSExpo 2019 in Orlando, and was lucky enough to take one home with me, take it apart, put it back together, and use it for a few weeks and I did a short report on it for anyone interested.  I'm not very good at desktop publishing, but I hope my report will help you to make a decision about purchasing this amazing product.

Best wishes!Honeycomb Yoke Report.pdf

Excellent preview. Thanks.

I wonder if the noise you alluded to could be down to the well known issue - and being an engineer you will be aware of this problem - 'plastic on metal' bearings.

My bicycle hubs employ metal against metal which can be greased periodically.

I cannot be sure from your pictures but if plastic on metal is used, this will cause uneven friction and worsen over time. As will the noise.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:38 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Also, based on the type of questions you're asking I'm going to assume you have some experience with design and manufacturing?  If so, then you'll understand this is an INITIAL product launch.  Telling you existing plans (which happen to be Honeycomb's not Aerosoft's) is practically worthless as things often change after an initial product launch. In fact, everything until the first 3 months is speculative at best thus subject and likely to change.  This does not, and should not be taken to mean that things are not stable as they are and the project is extremely well funded.  It's just the way it works at that level, and customers need not be concerned with the inner workings of a company.

I absolutely agree that things may be tweaked... especially when, or IF, they get a lot back under warranty!

After all, a 5 year warranty is both a blessing and a curse.

Hi @DaveCT2003,

Any schedule for the meeting with Honeycomb ?

Would love to hear about the yoke AND the throttle...

Thanks.

Gérard

Thanks for your interest. The people at Honeycomb had a lot of travel come up, so at this point I'm not sure we will be to do this in September, but I will try again after the Yoke is released. If nothing else I might ask them to ship me out the prototype so I can do a report on it for you.

I'm still using the Yoke, and it is truly amazing! But I too am excited about the Throttle Quadrant

Best wishes.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback,

I have pre-ordered the Yoke and would really have a better ETA for the throttle quadrant before considering an order...

Gérard

Afternoon, 

I made my preorder for both the yoke and throttle a few days ago. I am just wondering if the yoke will be delivered in the first batch?

Jack

On 8.9.2019 at 14:45, CannonousCrash sagte:

Afternoon, 

I made my preorder for both the yoke and throttle a few days ago. I am just wondering if the yoke will be delivered in the first batch?

Jack

Good day,

Yes you should be one of the first batch.

Kind regards,

Marius Ellenbürger

On 1.9.2019 at 23:20, gaab sagte:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback,

I have pre-ordered the Yoke and would really have a better ETA for the throttle quadrant before considering an order...

Gérard

Hi Gerard,

At the moment we are unable to provide an exact ETA for the throttle. 

Kind regards,

Marius Ellenbürger

Was interested in this product, until I saw on one of their photos on FB, showing the inside, that the unit uses what looks like a normal potentiometer and a slider potentiometer. Wonder how long they will last. They will be turned/moved certainly a lot more than the volume knob on your stereo.

Regards,

Siggy

At the moment it is a purchase that I consider in the future, at the moment I do not acquire the controls and the quadrant, because they do not include or manufacture pedals, if they had planned this I would have already placed the order.

Do they have compatibility with some of those already on the market?

22 hours ago, Miguel_V said:

At the moment it is a purchase that I consider in the future, at the moment I do not acquire the controls and the quadrant, because they do not include or manufacture pedals, if they had planned this I would have already placed the order.

Do they have compatibility with some of those already on the market?

As those are all simply axis for the sim, they should be 100% compatible with all other controls. 

On 9/11/2019 at 11:32 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

As those are all simply axis for the sim, they should be 100% compatible with all other controls. 

Thanks…. When it's for sale, and take a little time running around here. I'll take a while to print 500 bills that say they exist, but few are seen.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:55 AM, Siggy said:

Was interested in this product, until I saw on one of their photos on FB, showing the inside, that the unit uses what looks like a normal potentiometer and a slider potentiometer. Wonder how long they will last. They will be turned/moved certainly a lot more than the volume knob on your stereo.

Regards,

Siggy

The Honeycomb CEO told me they were tested to 100,000 full iterations.  Also, the slide pot is rated for 25 million full iterations by the manufacturer.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, Marius Ellenbürger said:

Hi Gerard,

At the moment we are unable to provide an exact ETA for the throttle. 

Kind regards,

Marius Ellenbürger

I am not asking an exact ETA, but a better estimate than simply "2020". At least a target quarter is a minimum before a pre-order...

Thanks

Gérard

Gerard, the date Marius provided is the best date Aerosoft has. As a retailer and not the production arm, they rely entirely on Honeycomb's success in resolving any issues in the initial batch and Honeycomb's ability to ramp up production. This is the same information available on the Honeycomb website here.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 8:58 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

The Honeycomb CEO told me they were tested to 100,000 full iterations.  Also, the slide pot is rated for 25 million full iterations by the manufacturer.

Thanks, Dave, this gives a little bit more confidence :-). I may order one, but need to figure out where from (shipping costs) as I live far away from everywhere.

The USB cable, it has a USB type C plug on the yoke's end, is the other end of type USB A or also USB C?

8 hours ago, Siggy said:

Thanks, Dave, this gives a little bit more confidence :-). I may order one, but need to figure out where from (shipping costs) as I live far away from everywhere.

Hello Ziggy,

It's the standard USB-A Connector. There is no other connector that would work to connect it to a computer.

These Yokes are already so popular, I recommend getting in the order list as soon as possible. As someone who has benn using the Yoke continually since the 2nd week on June, I can tell you there is incredible and the quality is amazing for the orice its being sold for. I have no problem saying the quality and accuracy of the Yoke is such that I would have expected to see it sold for a much higher price, but the Honeycomb CEO is committed to making the Yoke affordable to as many people as possible and those larger number of Yokes lowers his costs so it's a win-win for everyone. This is something we don't see very often in flight sim, in fact it's the first time I've seen it happen in 37 or so years.in our communithy. even though I've preached about the benefits of hardware developers doing it for many years.

Best wishes my friend.

19 hours ago, Herman said:

Gerard, the date Marius provided is the best date Aerosoft has. As a retailer and not the production arm, they rely entirely on Honeycomb's success in resolving any issues in the initial batch and Honeycomb's ability to ramp up production. This is the same information available on the Honeycomb website here.

Thank you for the information.  I will wait quietly hoping that the Yoke success will help the ramp-up of the Throttle :)

Gérard

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Dave, for all your answers, I pre-ordered one now from Aerosoft. If any of the pots ever fail, I will replace them myself.

Regards,

Siggy

6 hours ago, Siggy said:

Thanks, Dave, for all your answers, I pre-ordered one now from Aerosoft. If any of the pots ever fail, I will replace them myself.

Regards,

Siggy

Don't forget that this product comes with a 5 year warranty. Companies don't provide such a warranty unless they are insane, or have incredible confidence in the product quality and quality control. I'm not guessing about that, I spent many years working in quality control with the US Department of Defense Nd US Navy, specifically with computer and electronic systems.

Moreover, the people at Honeycomb have been building this type of hardware for real aircraft for sometime, so this is not new to them. I don't know if any other flight sim hardware manufacturer who has the quality controls in place.

Best wishes my friend!