Mega Airport Rome / P3D v4.5

gpxe

Hello everyone

I experience CTDs when flying around / landing at Rome Mega Airport, mostly at dusk/night (less so during the day, but I can't exclude it would also happen).

The Event Viewer shows as follows. Any guess ? I don't remember of any issue with P3D v4.4.

Thanks

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2019-06-28T21:43:29.420653000Z

EventRecordID 3150

Channel Application

Computer PREPAR3D

Security
- EventData
      Prepar3D.exe
      5cd47aad
      KERNELBASE.dll
      ef881ca4
      c0020001
      000000000003a839
      01d52dea7fa4be6f
      C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dllD v4.4.
      bd2507bb-bd9b-4b40-bdd0-90d2c97b42b1

1 hour ago, gpxe said:

Hello everyone

I experience CTDs when flying around / landing at Rome Mega Airport, mostly at dusk/night (less so during the day, but I can't exclude it would also happen).

The Event Viewer shows as follows. Any guess ? I don't remember of any issue with P3D v4.4.

Thanks

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2019-06-28T21:43:29.420653000Z

EventRecordID 3150

Channel Application

Computer PREPAR3D

Security
- EventData
      Prepar3D.exe
      5cd47aad
      KERNELBASE.dll 
      ef881ca4
      c0020001
      000000000003a839
      01d52dea7fa4be6f
      C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dllD v4.4.
      bd2507bb-bd9b-4b40-bdd0-90d2c97b42b1

Hey there GPXE,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.  If I can, I'd like to ask you to a few questions to narrow this down a bit.  The good news is that I've flown in and around this airport scenery without any issues, so we should be able to figure out why this is happening on your system.

The KERNELBASE.dll error most often specifies a Windows issue that just happened to occur while (in your case) P3D was running.  That said, we've also seen this error due to non-P3DV4 compliant scenery (not the case here) or AI Aircraft models that were not fully P3DV4 compliant and this would include some payware products which provide AI Aircraft especially if the AI Aircraft software has not been updated.  Additionally we've seen this error caused by older graphics card drivers, or people who updated drivers without first wiping the drivers that were installed before updating the graphics card drivers. 

1. Can you please provide your complete system specs, including any CPU/GPU Overclock?

2. Are you running with any P3D or Graphics Card Tweaks?

3. What software and/or models are you using for AI Aircraft?

The first thing to do is to get a clean install of the latest graphics card drivers using the instructions below:

a. Download the installer for the latest drivers for your graphics card.

b. Wipe your currently installed graphics card drivers using the DDU utility.

c. Reboot

d. Run the installer (As Admin) for the graphics card driver installer you downloaded in Step a. (above).

e. Reboot.

Then make another flight around LIRF and see if the issue is still present.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi Dave

Thanks for your quick reply.

My specs are as follows : Win10 Pro, i7 7900K, 16 Go, nVdia GeForce 1660. Computer is brand new. No tweaks, no overclocking.

I use UTL v1.2 , and Orbx global+vector+LC as well. ChasePlane is running.

nVidia drivers have been updated as per your request.

I only experience this at Rome airport, and from what I saw only at dusk/dawn/night.

I will check whether I still have this problem going forward.

Amendments that have been made to LIRF v1.04:

- changed the AFCAD for an AFCAD available in teh forum here

- downloaded and installed the Cartayna files for GSX2 for LIRF

Thanks

Greg

Hello Greg!

Thanks for the information!

I used to have UTL, and I stopped using it as soon as FLAI came out.  One of the issues with UTL is that they still had some non-native P3Dv4 models, and these can cause a CTD with the error you're having.  I don't know what the current status is of UTL models, but it wouldn't surprise me to find they still had FSX models.

Can you please try disabling your UTL/UTL Models and see if you still have the CTD?

Now let's talk about dawn/dusk in P3D (also applies to all FSX versions as P3D and FSX stem from a program called ESP).  The way that ESP generate dawn and dusk textures is to load both day and night textures at the same time, which along with being at a payware airport in a high-end aircraft, this is pretty much the hardest anyone's computer will work. Add weather textures, especially if there are a lot of different clouds being generated and that IS the hardest ESP will hammer someone's rig.  This is also the time when the most memory will be used.  With all this going on, the temperatures inside your computer (especially the processor) are going to rise, and it's possible the CTD you're having is related to temps.  There are two freeware programs that can help  you monitor your temps and computer performance, CPUID and Hardware Monitor.

While you look at the items above, I'll load up into LIRF and check it out again.  Can you give me a description of what you were doing (which aircraft, where you were at, in, or around the airport when the CTD occurred?

Dave

I feel stupid.

I have found the culprit. Nothing to do with LIRF, dawn or dusk or whatever. It is a freeware scenery covering all Italian islands that I found on AVSIM and taht I installed. It's compiled for FS2004. Not the best match with P3D.

It is working perfectly fine now.

Sory for teh disturbance. I think you can delete the whole thread.

Greg

& Thanks btw

Just now, gpxe said:

Dave

I feel stupid.

I have found the culprit. Nothing to do with LIRF, dawn or dusk or whatever. It is a freeware scenery covering all Italian islands that I found on AVSIM and taht I installed. It's compiled for FS2004. Not the best match with P3D.

It is working perfectly fine now.

Sory for teh disturbance. I think you can delete the whole thread.

Greg

& Thanks btw

No worries my friend!  Very happy you have it issue resolved!

Best wishes for happy flights!

Archived