MCDU blank - all screens blank.

Rielious

I know that there has been much discussion on this topic, but here is my situation. Brand new computer so I am reinstalling P3D up to ver 4.5. Followed the recommended installation process for A218-321. Up dated both to 1.4.2.4 via AS updater. My computer is MSI mb with an I7-8700k cpu @ 3.70 Ghz, Nvidia 2080 Vid card. now there is one change I noted during the install of both Airbus pro packs. Some of the subdirectories shown were to my cloud file located in my documents file. Would that cause any issues??

Anyways this is my work out project to get fixed. As a side note, had no issues with my CRJ install and PMDG installs. Many thanks in advance

Please login to display this image.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties!  Allow me to ask a few questions to try and narrow this down.

Did you run both the installer and the ASUpdater "As Admin"? 

Which start up state did you use? 

Have you tried other startup states?

HI, Yes to your first question. Everything is under Admin.

In the past after loading up my chosen flight details, it would load. everything is usually up and running. I then select cold and dark from the option CDU. As the one picture shows, I do not get any options to choose any state.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you show us (lighting bolt on windscreen, black displays, grey out options MCDU) does look like the issue, people had with a corrupt P3D install. Installing from scratch solved it for them.

Did you use a full installer to install 4.5 or did you use a older full install and then updated the client?

The my documents folder is in the cloud? OneDrive?

That will not work. You have to unlink your my documents from OneDrive. Please check:

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

What you show us (lighting bolt on windscreen, black displays, grey out options MCDU) does look like the issue, people had with a corrupt P3D install. Installing from scratch solved it for them.

Did you use a full installer to install 4.5 or did you use a older full install and then updated the client?

The my documents folder is in the cloud? OneDrive?

That will not work. You have to unlink your my documents from OneDrive. Please check:

Yeah, I agree!  If he has the correct (unmodified) folder permissions and running as As Admin then One Drive is the most likely culprit.

Thanks Bob!

2 hours ago, Rielious said:

HI, Yes to your first question. Everything is under Admin.

In the past after loading up my chosen flight details, it would load. everything is usually up and running. I then select cold and dark from the option CDU. As the one picture shows, I do not get any options to choose any state.

After completing the recommended adjustments to all folders, I am happy to report that AS 319-321 pro are working. (See attached photos) The only small "minor" hiccup, is the font size over the autopilot display. I am not worried about that though, I'll get that worked out in time. Over all the aircraft is performing as expected. Thank you for the support and help.

Happy flying !! 

Yes I did a reboot.

Just completed a full flight, with no issues in the over operation. Just the hiccup with the font. If that's the worst, I can live with that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check if all these fonts are on your system:

In case one or more fonts are missing, then something prevented them from being installled. This could be e.g. any Steam process running in the backgroundor insufficient access rights.

If so, unzip the attched file to a folder right click on the font and choose "install" and reboot your PC.

DO NOT redistribute those files, they are Copyright protected!

Airbus Fonts.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad you got it working.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived