Really?

luke123452468

Hello,

Sorry in advance if this is a bit blunt, but I would like to point out that in two months of work on CFD only one more switch has been synced. My friend and I tested the new update today and found that the crew supply switch still isn't synced, the radio panels on/off still aren't synced, the IRS aligning was made worse; we used to be able to align it separately but now we can't at all. Also, the navigation displays are still not separated and the MCDUs aren't synced between both pilots. After 2-3 months of waiting for an update this is what we get? Maybe there's a good reason, but from what I can see it's just a lack of developers working on this project with huge potential.

Luke,

No need to apologize my friend, your post wasn't even close to crossing the line and we always appreciate your feedback.

I am not involved in CFD development, but I too am looking forward to seeing it wrapped up. 

I'm wondering, did both of you guys reboot after installing the update?  If not, can you please try doing so and let us know if things are better afterwards?

I'll also ask the Test Manager to pop in here to provide an update on CFD.

My very best wishes, and thanks again for the report.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Luke,

A word from the test manager as Dave mentioned.

First of all, thanks for the feedback. Work is still on going with the CFD implementation and there have been some issues that have proved a little bit harder to solve than we initially anticipated. This coupled with on going development with the highly anticipated A330 has slowed down things a little bit with CFD. But I can assure you that progress is still being made and there are things that you mentioned that have seen great amount of work already but were not yet quite ready for this update.

I appreciate the feedback so we know what you find important so that we can prioritise the items properly. Hopefully we can bring you fixes on if not all of the issues you mentioned, at least on most of them on the next update. And hopefully not much later we all can say that CFD is reaching the state of flying just like without CFD with no CFD related issues and instead enhancing the experience how Airbus really should be flown as two man crew. :) 

10 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hello Luke,

Word from the test manager as Dave mentioned.

First of all, thanks for the feedback. Work is still on going with the CFD implementation and there have been some issues that have proved a little bit harder to solve than we initially anticipated. This coupled with on going development with the highly anticipated A330 has slowed down things a little bit with CFD. But I can assure you that progress is still being made and there are things that you mentioned that have seen great amount of work already but were not yet quite ready for this update.

I appreciate the feedback so we know what you find important so that we can prioritise the items properly. Hopefully we can bring you fixes on if not all of the issues you mentioned, at least on most of them on the next update. And hopefully not much later we all can say that CFD is reaching the state of flying just like without CFD with no CFD related issues and instead enhancing the experience how Airbus really should be flown as two man crew. :) 

Can you write what exactly has been fixed with this update? In order to do a quick check  

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, klisura said:

Can you write what exactly has been fixed with this update? In order to do a quick check  

Thanks a lot

From what I tested with my friend yesterday, only the PWS switch has been synced, but I might have skewed the testing by not rebooting my PC.

Archived