Gran Canaria elevation issue

fox956

Hi,

I have an odd elevation problem with all aircraft either parked at the Gate or on the tarmac sitting about 3 meters off the ground, everything else seems fine, although there does appear to be building in the distance that is raised off the ground.

I have Orbx Global and Vector installed. I've ran the Vector configuration tool and this hasn't made any difference. I'm running Win10 with P3dv4.5.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi,

I don't know how to do an in game screenshot so I took several pictures with my camera.

Thanks,

Larry

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In-game screenshots are simple, just hit the "V" key, then look in your pictures folder for them. Do check to ensure the format is .jpg, as that's the most compact and easiest for others to see. Here's the menu item:

My apologies to Herman for butting in, but I just saw this thread and thought I'd offer some things in hopes that it would be of benefit to you:

So I just installed and tested this scenery, and I have no issue with the AI Aircraft or anything else.  There was no need at all to use the Vector Airport Elevation Correctgion tool with this scenery (which means that Global Vector did not change the altitude for this airport). 

The good news is this brings us a little closer to helping you figure out what the issue is on your system, and in fact it's highly likely that you're suffering from one of two issues:

1. You previously installed an freeware or payware AFCAD or some scenery that covers the GLCP airport, and even if you uninstalled the AFCAD or scenery there is still an AFCAD file present, it's almost for certain it's a higher priority than the Aerosoft Scenery, and that is what is messing with your AI Aircraft height.

2. You are running an AI Traffic Program that has installed an AFCAD for this airport, and that AFCAD the altitude is what you're AI Aircraft are reading.  I think this is the most likely possibility, though I don't know if you're running an AI Traffic program.  The worst offender I know of for this issue is MyTraffic, but regardless of which software you might have a quick Google Search will provide you with instructions on how to resolve this.

After looking at the manual for this product I notice that we didn't include any notes about AI Traffic Programs and ORBX, so I'll try and get that information added to the manual.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hello DaveCT2003,

I am using an AI Traffic program, actually the same one you are using.... My Traffic.

I haven't installed any freeware programs.

I will do some more research into this.

Thanks,

Larry

Good evening,

I managed to get this issue worked out and is now resolved. This topic can be marked as RESOLVED.

When I originally installed Gran Canaria and ran the Config. Tool I hit "Save and Exit" and a message came up saying to "OK" to add to P3D. I was sure I had hit the "OK", now I'm not so sure. When I went into P3D I expected to see Gran Canaria added to the Scenery Library but it wasn't, strange I thought and it wasn't even in the "Add-ons" under Options, so I manually installed the scenery into the Library, and then when I went to GCLP the above problem with the aircraft was evident. I decided to so some investigating and try some different things to figure out my problem. I was going to un-install the scenery and try installing it again but first I decided to look at the Config. Tool again. I clicked the `Save and Exit` and `OK` to the next message about adding it to P3D. This time when I went into P3D I found it listed in the Scenery Library and in the `Add-ons``under Options. I navigated to GCLP, everything is now as it should be and the issue has been fixed.

I`m not sure what went wrong the first time as I am sure I clicked the Save and OK buttons when I was suppose to, but regardless, it is now working as it should.

I appreciate all the help and the suggestions given.

Thanks,

Larry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived