Manual landing into a thunderstorm

Last night we got a really bad thunderstorm in Manila, as is typical in a tropical country during this time of year. And I thought of doing a quick 20 minute flight to catch the worst part of the weather. IRL, there's a saying "it's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than being in the air and wishing you were on the ground"...but hey, that's why there's a sim right. And I must say, this was really fun. Those quick instantaneous pitch/power changes you only get to learn in the real thing, flying by the seat of pants; I never thought could be possible in the flight sim since you don't actually feel the wind and g-forces, but with ChasePlane, it adds a layer of realism that allows you to get a feel of what the airplane is doing allowing to make the necessary pitch/power changes to land in one piece. :D 

Archived