Flap Sound

Zimmi

Hi all AN2 Lovers

I hear  2  Flapsounds. As soon I start running the Flaps there is an nice smooth Sound whichone sounds plausible for me. About a half second later there comes a very loud Sound and overlayes the first Sound. This second Sound is exactly the same as the original Flapsound was in FS 98. I dont know the AN2 from real Life but I not really beleave its like this in real Life.

Question 1:

Is this in real Life so and have other Simemrs this also on there Simulators? (I use P3Dv4.4)

Question 2:

If only I have this strange Sound, how can I get it away?

Sincerelly

Zimmi

Hi Mathijs

First of all: I could solve the Problem with a work around!

Video would be possible but for that I would have to build it back in the original Situation and I also did change the Inside Enginesound. I also would have to restore the original Inside  Engine Sound that the Video would sound in the really original way. If i am the onliest who had this Problem, no others can benefit.

The Problem with the Flapsound of cause was before I started to change anything!

The Sound whichone did come about a half Second after the Flaps did start to run was the same as the one who is in my P3Dv4 Sound Folder (D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sound). The Soundfile is called "FLAPS.wav". I dont know for what this "FLAP.wav" File will be used further so I dident delete or renamed it. I did the following Change in the Sound.cfg of the "OctopusG_An-2\sound" Folder.

ORIGINAL:

[FLAPS]
filename=
flags=0
viewpoint=1
initial_volume=8000

MY CHANGE:

[FLAPS]
filename=flap
flags=0
viewpoint=1
initial_volume=8000

Then I used a nice sounding flap.wav and did copie it into the "OctopusG_An-2\sound" Folder. Now the AN2 Flaps sound like this new flap.wav.

Aditional here my Changes for the Inside Sound which seams to be recordet as it sounds when wearing a Headset. (The AN2 from Aerosoft might sound like the Original but, sorry about me, I prefere a deep and loud Sound of this big engine. In Reallife it probably wouldent be like this). I also did install a Version AN2 Headset with the original Aerosoft Sound but I use it very rare.

Here what I did:

I did make a Copy of the following 3 Soundfiles for outside: ean2_2, ean2_3 und ean2_4

I renamed them in an2_2, an2_3, an2_4 (Soundfiles for inside Sound), copied them back and overwrited the original an2_2, an2_3, an2_4 Files (after I did safe them). Now the AN2 sounds for me pretty nice and I love it. I really estimate the work from the Aerosoft Devlopers. I hope you will forgive me my changes at your Work.

Last:

If there are others with this Flap Soundproblem and you want to search for a correct Solution I will built back the Airplane and try to make a video but as long as I am the onliest its from my side not nessessery to invest Workmanship in this Problem because I can good live with my Solution.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

Archived