Afterburner install from texture update

mackayw

I am trying to update my afterburner texture with the one provided in the tex update package. I have read the Install instructions and have put the "F-16_AFTERBURNERFLAME_C.dds into the Aerosoft F-16C\Texture folder. I removed the original AFTERBURNERFLAME texture. However, when I add take-off power, I do not see the new orange flame - only the original grayer one. What have I done wrong?

Regards,

Bill

I forgot to add: I am using P3dv4

Bill

Hi Mathijs,

Title is: "Aerosoft F-16 new AB and canopy textures". By Dag Roger Stangeland and Vincent van Yperen.  March 2009. Has statement: "Should there be any problems whatsoever, feel free to ask us at the Aerosoft forum under F-16 support".  As an aside, I really love both your F-16 and Lightning packages. Super well done - and they both are doing real well in my P3dv4! Personally, I would buy either over again immediately!

Best regards,

Bill 

Guest Ace of Base

HI Mathijs,

Thanks. I am really only trying to see if I can get ANY afterburner to work. The present one is actually working - but the effects are only textured gray. Will this Aerosoft model allow me to substitute an afterburner from elsewhere? As I noted previously, I love this model - and would gladly pay again if you (changed you mind) and would update it for P3Dv4.

Bill

Archived