Strange issue on taxi

Artscout

Hello!

Got strange issue today (ot sure if it's right place in forum for issue). First my specs:

Prepar3d v. 4.5

Aerosoft A320-321 (I got bundle really, but I caught this issue today in A-320) version 1.2.4.0

Issue is:

I was taxiing in UUEE (Drzewiecki design Sheremetyevo 1.97) on taxiway A in direction of RWY 24C start (planned to takeof)

I was using Checklist (without copilot).

While I was taxiing I switched via ALT-TAB usage to vPilot just to write a comment. Next thing I see that suddenly aircraft lurches forward, gains speed to 140 knots and takes off by itself (from taxiway neverthless and all in 2 seconds!!!!), I alt-tabbed back, took control and continued flight. After I stabilized plane (it was stable really, just had no thrust as I was taxiing and didn't set it to CLB),

took gear up and everything I also tried to turn on autopilot - and plane nearly stalled with it cause it took insane climb rate. (I think it was the problem of autopilot going on before I cleared the runway point) After I stabilized it second time, passed runway and turned it on again - everything went fine. But auto-takeoff in two seconds...

Just in case:

I also had this applications on:

1. ActiveSky for Prepar3d

2. VAS ACARS

3. Ezdok Camera 3

48 minutes ago, Artscout said:

Hello!

Got strange issue today (ot sure if it's right place in forum for issue). First my specs:

Prepar3d v. 4.5

Aerosoft A320-321 (I got bundle really, but I caught this issue today in A-320) version 1.2.4.0

Issue is:

I was taxiing in UUEE (Drzewiecki design Sheremetyevo 1.97) on taxiway A in direction of RWY 24C start (planned to takeof)

I was using Checklist (without copilot).

While I was taxiing I switched via ALT-TAB usage to vPilot just to write a comment. Next thing I see that suddenly aircraft lurches forward, gains speed to 140 knots and takes off by itself (from taxiway neverthless and all in 2 seconds!!!!), I alt-tabbed back, took control and continued flight. After I stabilized plane (it was stable really, just had no thrust as I was taxiing and didn't set it to CLB),

took gear up and everything I also tried to turn on autopilot - and plane nearly stalled with it cause it took insane climb rate. (I think it was the problem of autopilot going on before I cleared the runway point) After I stabilized it second time, passed runway and turned it on again - everything went fine. But auto-takeoff in two seconds...

Just in case:

I also had this applications on:

1. ActiveSky for Prepar3d

2. VAS ACARS

3. Ezdok Camera 3

What you likely experienced was another piece of software loading down your processor momentarily, and that would cause what you experienced.  This is where tuning up your system and ensuring that you don't have an unnecessary programs running when you're using P3D.

I would update to version 1.2.4.1 by enabling Experimental Updates in the ASUpdater, and see if you're able to reproduce after the update. Remember that you'll have to reboot after updating.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

EDIT:  Also, when you get a chance would you please provide your complete system specifications?

Many thanks!

Hi Dave!

I will certainly try experimental 1.2.4.1, also I'll see about trying to reproduce it, it was first time I see anything like this, so it could really be anything (from plane or third part software to prepar3d itself). 

Also my system specs are: i7 8770, 32GB RAM, RTX2700, SSD Samsung EVO.

Don't think that it could be anything with  processor load, cause it looked really strange:

I'm alt-tabbing (P3d window still visible). Plane taxiing normally and then without any freezes it accelerates in simulator very quickly (throttle was idle BTW), gains speed / altitude by itself and all in matter of second or two (also looked like time acceleration in sim). I'm buffled (and I thing anyone would be baffled too) and really think that it could be anything. 

1 minute ago, RRVyper said:

Sounds like you need to use the Taxiing Speed Fix in EZCA v3 Effects Studio. See this post. Also, latest beta version (EZCA v3.0.1.68) is here.

Randy

Thank you Randy, I will try it. Also I found info about same problem in EZCA v3. forums after you mentioned it and it looks similar to my problem

12 minutes ago, Artscout said:

And you were right, no more issues of this kind, smooth and clear. Thanks!

It's Tuesday, so it might also have been a Windows Update being sent to disk, but either way I'm delighted you have the issue resolved.

Best wishes!

Archived