Runway options permanent???

bradley27

Hey,

I am trying to work out if i can get Heathrows 27R & 27L runways to become the active takeoff and landing directions, i like to decend over london straight down into heathrow without going around and doing it on 9L!!!! Is there a way??

Hey,

I am trying to work out if i can get Heathrows 27R & 27L runways to become the active takeoff and landing directions, i like to decend over london straight down into heathrow without going around and doing it on 9L!!!! Is there a way??

Yes, change the direction of the wind in the weather options. The active runways in MSFS are always determined by the direction of the wind.

thanks, but other than that theres no other way no?

That's always been the standard FS answer for that issue. The only other way, outside of programming changes, is to wait until the winds change themselves in real weather as the seasons change. :wink:

The prevailing wind for England is SW anyway, so most of the time traffic is piled up above the city. Just one small part of EGLL they got wrong when they built it. The whole airport is embarrasing when one compares it to most other busy internationals, KSFO is a good example. For instance, you come of the Route 101, and within 2 minutes you are in the departure lounge. EGLL however, could not be in a worse place. Which other country would place an International airport next to the busiest motorway in the country?

The prevailing wind for England is SW anyway, so most of the time traffic is piled up above the city. Just one small part of EGLL they got wrong when they built it. The whole airport is embarrasing when one compares it to most other busy internationals, KSFO is a good example. For instance, you come of the Route 101, and within 2 minutes you are in the departure lounge. EGLL however, could not be in a worse place. Which other country would place an International airport next to the busiest motorway in the country?

Actually the construction of the motorway came a fair bit after the construction of the airport........ :wink:

and it's rather poetic, the busiest airway and roadway in the country running parallel to each other :)

Other examples include Washington national, where aircraft have been known to mistake the frozen Potomac river in winter for the runway...

and it's rather poetic, the busiest airway and roadway in the country running parallel to each other :)

Other examples include Washington national, where aircraft have been known to mistake the frozen Potomac river in winter for the runway...

Wow, that is unreal. Sort of thing I would do if I was a pilot. Actually, thats probably why I'm not.