Incorrect runways

Hi all,

I have the PFPX v2.03 & TOPCAT v2.74 with their AIRAC 1906 respectively.

When I'm doing the flight plan, it correctly gives me the runways: 18's, 36's, 32's and 14's (they're correct) but when using the "performance" tool (to obtain the values for 'takeoffs' and 'landings'), it doesn't allow me to choose tracks 32's and 14's, instead show me 33's and 15's (that's incorrect). 

In TOPCAT, the runways are correct, so I don't know where can be the issue; I need a little help to solve this error.

PS. I don't remember what other airports happened to me and that is why I want to correct it for future inconveniences.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for the guidance, greetings.

It was by import, I installed directly with the file "topcat_1906.exe", so I have done it for years and until now I had this issue.

Greetings Stephen.

You are using the manual installer to place Database.tdb file directly in default C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT path ?

Could you post a snapshot of that folder including the date modified stamp.

Also snapshot the root installation folder of Topcat ( default 😄\Program Files (x86)\TOPCAT)

You may need to try reinstalling Topcat but if so backup your aircraft data using the 'save' function first.

14 hours ago, srcooke said:

You are using the manual installer to place Database.tdb file directly in default C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT path ?

Could you post a snapshot of that folder including the date modified stamp.

Also snapshot the root installation folder of Topcat ( default 😄\Program Files (x86)\TOPCAT)

You may need to try reinstalling Topcat but if so backup your aircraft data using the 'save' function first.

1) Yes, that's what I do (attached image), only that I have it installed on another hard drive (my Windows 10 is in Spanish, I hope it isn't a problem with the images)

2) Sure, here it is

3) And the another one: 

4) Perfect, I back up my 'aircraft data' for anything.

Thanks again Stephen, greetings.

Thanks, that is the Topcat installation folder.

On my systems the active database in is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT

It would appear that for some reason PFPX and Topcat are not using the same database, check the path above.

17 hours ago, srcooke said:

Thanks, that is the Topcat installation folder.

On my systems the active database in is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT

It would appear that for some reason PFPX and Topcat are not using the same database, check the path above.

Oh, I'm sorry, I posted the wrong picture.

Now looking the date in the "Database.tdb" file, it's different from the one installed in each update. When installing the update from the 'Settings' menu within 'TOPCAT', I always choose the path "E:\INSTALLED PROGRAMS SSD480\TOPCAT" and not "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT", this would it be the problem?

Because in the TOPCAT interface, it appears to me that I'm using the "AIRAC 1906", it's weird.

The recommendation that you would make me would be to reinstall the TOPCAT completely or just update the "AIRAC" in the path of your image?

Thanks Stephen.

It is certainly the root of your problem, Topcat should be using database located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT

As I cannot replicate that here lets uninstall Topcat via windows control panel, make sure E:\INSTALLED PROGRAMS SSD480\TOPCAT  is removed.

Reinstall and update the database making sure that the NG install path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT

Check Topcat for the correct AIRAC cycle.

11 hours ago, srcooke said:

It is certainly the root of your problem, Topcat should be using database located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT

As I cannot replicate that here lets uninstall Topcat via windows control panel, make sure E:\INSTALLED PROGRAMS SSD480\TOPCAT  is removed.

Reinstall and update the database making sure that the NG install path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\TOPCAT

Check Topcat for the correct AIRAC cycle.

Ok, perfect.

I'm going to do your tutorial and I'll let you know the results.

Thanks again, Stephen, regards.

After executing your recommendation, Stephen, I found that the problem I had was solved.

I thank you very much for help me to achieve a happy ending.

I share some captures to confirm the result.

PFPX

TOPCAT

Thank you very much for your advice and I wish you an excellent day.

Regards, Ivan

Archived