EGLL Heathrow

Unknown 18

Afternoon. 

I recently completely wiped fsx and all files related to the sim, I downloaded EGLL and EHRD and installed now only EHRD rotterdam is working correctly. 

I have installed EGLL when I open fsx it went to building files before load as expected but if you go to settings scenery library nothing for Heathrow. 

I have one for rotterdam Dutch airports - rotterdam x. 

I'm using orbx global, England could this be a reason? 

Any help much appreciated 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using FSX steam or box version?

ORBX is not the problem, if the entry in the scenery library is missing.

Have you installed with admin rights? FSX was shut down during install?

You can try to rerun the installer or you can manually add the correct folder to the library.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Other clarifications to include in your reply:

• Did you install outside the default folder and instead something off the drive root (I.e. C:\FSX) or a separate drive?
  • Did you uninstall using the Control Panel applet?
  • Please indicate whether your Orbx Global entry is below the EGLL entry. It's not clear to me from your initial post whether or not you have the Orbx folders showing. As masterhawk notes, if it's missing, it's not related to your issue, but if it's there, then sequence is important (it need to be below your other add-on(s), which is best done with FTX Central).

Masterhawk

I'm using fsx steam, yes the Heathrow library is missing 

Yes installed with admin rights and fsx was shut down 

I will try to rerun the installer. 

• Developer

When I have understand the tips in the past correct, you should try to select Mircosoft FSX, when you run the installer again. 

When there is a Mircrosoft FSX is installed beside the FSX Steam, the Davetail FSX will use different directory names for his configs, like the scenery.cfg resposable to register a addon. When he is the only FSX version on your PC, the FSX:SE use the same namings, like the Mircrosoft FSX.

I don't know, why the installers don't detect the Situation correct, but it looks like that if you select FSX:SE, but you this is the only installed FSX, the Installer will add the Product to the "wrong" scenery.cfg and the Sim will not see the new installed Addon.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived